29th November 2011, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?

Dear sir,
This is chandu i complete my BTech mechanical in 2010 with 66.06%.but not regular i did in correspondence mode can i eligible.to write IES exam..

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IES exam after completing B.Tech with 56%
  2. Is a B.Tech Mechanical Student Eligible for IES exam? After getting selected will they post on candidates personal interest or their interest?
  3. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam being an IT student? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am i eligible to appear in IES exam in final year of B.E Mechanical?
  5. Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?
  6. Am I eligible to write IES exam? I am pursuing B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  7. Can I apply for PSU entrance exam and IES after completing B.Tech?
  8. Can IES exam be given in 3rd year or final year? Books to be referred?
  9. Can I give IES Exam after completing Engineering in Mechanical?
  10. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?
  11. Am I eligible for IES, PSU and PSC after completing graduation in Mechanical engineering?
  12. Information about GATE/IES examination? I am a student of B.Tech(Mechanical and Automation)
  13. Am I eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.tech in 5 years?
  14. Am I eligible for IES after completing diploma in mechanical engineering with 82.1% in Mechanical Stream?
  15. Is it possible to write IES exam after completing B.E in Mechanical? Date of sale of forms? When is the next exam?
  16. Which course to study to get into Indian Railway
  17. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  18. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously? -- [New]
29th November 2011, 06:40 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?

Candidates who have pursued correspondence course from mechanical background can certainly appear for the exam. But the condition is the course should be from recognised institute. As per the eligibility criteria candidates with even pass marks can appear for this exam. The application for the next exam should be available from 25th February. The next exam is scheduled for June 2012, so prepare accordingly.
29th November 2011, 08:03 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

so there is no percentage is required only pass out of final student are enough..

I guess even students who studied correspondence can also apply for it.
29th November 2011, 09:27 AM
tejesh_09

Definitely you are eligible for IES (INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE) conducted by UPSC every year. There is no particular percentage required for appearing this exam only a degree holder in engineering from a recognised university or equivalent degree holder can apply for IES entrance exam.

The final year engineering student can also apply for this exam.
29th November 2011, 10:29 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Definitely you can appear for Indian Engineering service exam.Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by upsc every year once.This exam is conducted to intake qualified engineers for Government sector in different departments.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Engineering Service exam:
Education qualification:
You should minimum graduation degree in Engineering from a Mechanical/Civil/Electric Stream.
Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Indian Engineering Service exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 25th Feb 2012 to 24th March 2012.
Exam will held on 15th June 2012.

As you have complete engineering in mechanical and if your age is also lies between above mentioned age criteria,then you can appear for IES exam this year.To apply the application form online,then click on link mentioned below.

http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
29th November 2011, 11:12 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
Yes, you eligible to give IES exam because
after complete your graduation degree then you are eligible to give this exam.
For this exam only 4 branch student can also give this exam
like:-

Mechanical engineering
Civil engineering
Electrical engineering
Electronics engineering

If you satisfy above condition then you are eligible for give IES exam.......

Good Luck...............
29th November 2011, 01:58 PM
brijesh2970

Post Re: Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,
This is chandu i complete my BTech mechanical in 2010 with 66.06%.but not regular i did in correspondence mode can i eligible.to write IES exam..
Brief About IES (Indian Engineering Services)
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services Examination and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year, And for this year examination was already completed.

Eligibility:-
Final year Or passed out Students From Any Degree from any discipline are Eligible for IES with age limits from 21 to 30 years of age.
For this You are Eligible

IES 2012 Important Dates -

=> Notification Dates - 25/Feb/2012

=> Last date of apply for IES Examination - 26/March/2012

=> Examination Date - 15/June/2012.

Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online OR Offline. Candidates may also Obtained the application form Directly form the Post Offices In India.

So, Please wait for the Notification and then apply for the UPSC IES Examination in 2012.

And For complete Information please check the UPSC Official website -http://upsc.gov.in

Thank You!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!
29th November 2011, 06:31 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Of course,
Sir....
You are totally eligible for this UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC] examination, through which one can apply in the engineering posts in various governmental departments.

For apply in this examination IES [INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES], you must posses at least a graduation degree in engineering or equivalents in the streams that I have mentioned here-
1. CIVIL ENGINEERING
2. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
3. ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
4. ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years, there is the 5& 3 years of the age relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.
For your kind information I would like to tell you, there is not any kind of minimum marks requirement criteria is applicable.

SYLLABUS-

THANK YOU!!!
~GAMBLE~
29th November 2011, 08:11 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for IES exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.

2.Candidate have to write the exam in the syllabus of any of these streams like-
Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Civil.

3.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

4.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

You have to fulfill all these eligibility criteria to appear in IES exam.
As you have completed the B.tech course in mechanical stream with 66.06% aggregate then you are eligible for IES exam.

All the best.
29th November 2011, 11:53 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear sir,
Dear Friend,
If the institution from where you have done B.Tech is approved by a govt. body then you are quite eligible to appear in the IES examination.
If the institute is approved then never miss a chance and apply for the IES examination.

Best Wishes....
2nd December 2011, 12:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear sir,
Yes , Mechanical Candidate are eligible for IES exam.But your course must be UGC approval.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IES EXAM

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is

For general student it is 4.

And for OBC it is 7 times.

And for SC/ST it is 9 time

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departments as exam.

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in
2nd December 2011, 12:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear sir,

Yes , Mechanical department are eligible for IES exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IES EXAM

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is

For general student it is 4.

And for OBC it is 7 times.

And for SC/ST it is 9 time

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departments as exam.

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in
13th December 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

I completed B.tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering. Can i eligble for IES entrance exam..
20th March 2012, 09:51 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,.
Eligibility criteria for IES exam:

>Any graduation from a recognised university or
B.tech in following streams.

Electrical Engineering

Electronics &
Communications Engineering

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

>The candidate should be a citizen of india.

>The age limit is 21years to 30years.

The important thing is that there is no percentage is required for this exam.

For more details visit the website:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
29th April 2012, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

CAN I ELIGIBLE FOR IES ENTRANCE EXAM I HAVE COMPLETED B.TECH (ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION)
13th September 2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dear sir,
no u can't give this exam because u r a very dull n lazy person
14th September 2013, 01:09 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

You can eligible for the IES after completing b.tech.

Eligibility for IES

Candidate should be Indian Citizen

The age limit for the IES exam is 21 to 30 years as on the August 1 of examination year.

Relaxation in upper age limit is available for the SC/ST/OBC candidates.

You must complete B.Tech course in Electrical, Electronics & Communications, Civil and Mechanical Engineering.

Final year students of B.Tech course can also apply for IES Exam.

Pay Scale

The pay for IES officer starts from Rs 15,000 and could go up to Rs 70,000 per month.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service.

This exam Civil Service Examination. And this exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

No of Attempts:

4 attempts for the General category.

7 attempts for the OBC category.

No limit of attempts for the SC\ST category.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

All the best............
14th September 2013, 05:44 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

Indian Engineering Service examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

- Civil Engineering

- Electrical Engineering

- Mechanical engineering.

- Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Age limit:-

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Best of luck.......
15th September 2013, 10:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for Engineering Services Exam if you have done B.Tech in Mechanical engineering with 66% marks. In fact there is no percentage criteria for this exam. Hence if you have pass marks then also you can apply for it.

Engineering services Exam is conducted by UPSC and the Engineering are recruited in following services:

-Mechanical Engineering services

-Civil Engineering Services

-Electronics Engineering Services

-Electrical Engineering Services

Age Limit:

General Category : 21 to 30 years

OBC Category : 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category : 21 to 35 years

Selection Procedure:

-Written Exam

-Interview

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th September 2013, 12:38 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Engineering services Exam is conducted by UPSC and the Engineering are recruited in following services:

-Mechanical Engineering services

-Civil Engineering Services

-Electronics Engineering Services

-Electrical Engineering Services

Age Limit:

General Category : 21 to 30 years

OBC Category : 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category : 21 to 35 years

Selection Procedure:

preliminary examination

main examination

interview
16th September 2013, 08:38 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IES exam after B.Tech. Degree. There is no requirement of any percentage of marks criteria in B.Tech. Degree in order to apply for IES.

IES - Indian Engineering Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC once every year for appointment of young Engineers in the Top Technical posts under various Central Govt. Dept.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation fo\pr reserved candidate, can apply for IES.

The candidate from any stream can apply for IES but he/she has to write IES in any one of the following subject branch:-

Mechanical/Electrical;/Civil/Electronics & Telecommunication) branch.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th September 2013, 08:54 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualifications required to apply for IES (Indian Engineering Services)exams is:

>> BE/BTECH pass in any stream
OR
>> Passed section A and Section B of Instution examinations of Institution of Engineers
Or
>> Graduate Membership Examination of Institute of electronics and Telecommunication Engineers

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Now you can apply for this exam in the year 2014 only
Next Exam would be held from 20th June 2014 for 3 days
Notification would be released on 15th March 2014

So i would suggest that you should start preparing for this exams right now.

Selection Procedure Involves:
>>Written Test
>> Personality Test

Written Test:

It will have two sections
Sections 1 will have objective questions
Section 2 will have subjective questions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?