30th October 2010, 11:38 PM
vinayc991

Are colour blind people eligible for major PSU Exams and other exams?

i have colour blindness ( minor). some of the PSU don't allow such person i their job.
i had done B-tech in electronics & instrumentation
so i want to know that , in which company I am eligible or not

ex - JSPL. delhi metro dont allow colour bolindness people

is HPCL allow

give me some detail about other technical ferms also

Related Questions:
  1. Can Colour Blinded Electrical Graduates eligible for IES and major PSU Exams?
  2. Do Colour blind candidates eligible for Judiciary?
  3. Various PSU Exams in India? When are they conducted?
  4. Which PSU doesnt allow color blind people?
  5. How to prepare for PSU exams? Date of PSU exam? How to apply for it?
  6. Can I eligible to join Cognizant Technology Solutions if being failed in pre-employment Medical check-up? Whether major software companies rejects colour blindness candidates?
  7. Recruitment exams available to join PSU for B.Com graduate? -- [New]
  8. Complete details about exams like IES and PSU? Are these both exams different from each other? When can I give the exams?
  9. Lost my Left Eye in an Accident : Can I become an IPS officer?
  10. Are colour blind people eligible for Bank PO premedical test? What type of medical test is done in Bank PO exam?
  11. What are the Various PSU Exams in India?
  12. Which Government Jobs is best suitable for me being a candidate having completed MCA and working as Developer in TCS since 1.2 years?
  13. GATE cut off for IIT Roorkee, IIT Chennai and BHU? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Name of PSU exams? Percentage required for them and other eligibility?
  15. Can I join Merchant navy Medical if I am a Colour Blind?
  16. Which books to refer for PSU exams?
  17. Am I eligible for IES and PSU if I am in last year in Automobile Engineering? For which sectors can I appear? Procedure for appearing for these exams?
  18. In which PSU's or government exams can I apply after scoring 62%? List of PSU's and government sector exams whose criteria is less than 65%?
31st October 2010, 06:45 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: Are colour blind people eligible for major PSU Exams and other exams?

dear friend.

there is a lot of job option for you so no need to get worry.

you are allowes in the exam like

sail

bhel

bel

ntpc

dvc

appart from this you are also eligible for the IES.
31st October 2010, 03:48 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Default Re: Are colour blind people eligible for major PSU Exams and other exams?

dear friend,

Minor color blindness student can't be rejected in all PSUs, but some doesn't allow like JSPL,Delhi metro,ONGC etc.

But you can try for other PSUs like:
BSNL
OIL
IOCL
GAIL
BEL
BHEL etc.

But you can also join private firm like Nokia,Reliance, & so many telecom companies.
Very much options are available for you, you need to just select as per your interest.

good luck.
31st October 2010, 05:24 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

No color blindness people are not eligible for major psu exams however they have many opportunities in other fields
31st October 2010, 06:25 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Dear students !!

Most PSU companies eliminate students on the basis of colour blindness aand other medical grounds...You have to check with the eligiblity conditions of various such companies and sit in the written exams...
31st October 2010, 06:28 PM
babydoll

Hi!
Actually there are some reserved seat for the color blind students. Every government jobs has about 5% reserved seat for the Physically disabled students.
So don't get worried about this kinda problem.
Good luck!!!
31st October 2010, 06:31 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

colour blind people eligible for major PSU Exams and other exams will be eligiable if he/she has PH certificate.

otherwise they will not be eligiable.

all the best...........
31st October 2010, 09:33 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

actually most of the company take candidate after medical check up. in medical test the check the colour blindness also. as you have colour blindness so it will be very difficul for you to get a permanent job.

but as you have minor colour blindness so you may get a chance to serve in any company. otherwise you have to join in company as temporary employee. for temporary employee they never take medical test. also you may do job in contact basis.

these are your last option. first try to get a permanent job in any company. if you fail then go for last option.

i am just telling you one thing. there are some company who want only medical certificate. but they never check by their own consultant. you may submit your medical certificate their without colour blindness. but it is a cheating.

best of luck.
31st October 2010, 10:23 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are right.some of the PSU don't allow colour blind person.well,every company has its own criteria for selection.Mostly the reputed co's does not allowed.So to know the status you should see the co's profile.HPCL also not allowed the colour blind person in their medical test.
1st November 2010, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Friend,
Your allowed to write Most of the exams ,so you need not keep confusing!!
Only very Few companies like JSPL will not recruit!
Def Top most companies than JSPL will give you an opportunity!
Have confidence Be bold!You can do it!
IES and IAS are best options for you to prove yourself!
ALL THE BEST!
6th November 2010, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Does color blindness leads to rejection in IES electronics & communication exam.
19th December 2010, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

hello all,
I am colour blind and mechanical graduate...
I want to know whether PSUs reject in medical test colour blind...
Also am i eligible for civil services and IES??
19th December 2010, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

hello all,
19th December 2010, 11:38 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Colour blindness is strictly not acceptale in Indian Defence Forces and Even in Merchant Navy. So unfortunatly you are not eligible for these field.
But don't loose hope, many jobs are available which never concern this issue. Better to check medical specifications before applying for any exam or joining any job.

Wishing best of your future.

Good Luck
20th December 2010, 03:47 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello all,
Dear Friend

A color blind person is generally not allowed in Mining and Petroleum sector.

Some heavy plants (production sites) and Construction sites also prohibit
color blind persons.

The medical test use to be final test for recruitment So you should not apply
to those companies which are going to have such tests because color blindness can be a reason for rejection.

So, you can apply to
SAIL
IOCL(only those petroleum firm where refining is done and not where raw
petroleum is taken out from ground like you can't go in ONGC)
BHEL
DRDO
NTPC
Indian Railway

The notifications for the recruitment comes in Employment News and in national dailies.

Thank You
20th December 2010, 04:52 AM
ndpiparava

hi dear,actually all company go for the medical check when they offering perment job to employee so it will be little tuff to get permanent job.as according to my self you have to first try to get permanent job and if not getting than try for tempory base job.but don't worry you will get job that sure because knowdedge can take you anywhre.
20th December 2010, 02:18 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Color blindness are not allowed to work in front section,like metro,Indian rail,defence field etc etc.But they work as a supporting section.So many companies are there who does not matter color blindness.BSNL,OIL,IOCL,GAIL,BEL,BHEL,TILlike these are taking,few are rejected.

All the best.
20th December 2010, 02:42 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Does color blindness leads to rejection in IES electronics & communication exam.
No ,there is not mentioned about this.If there any rejection criteria definitely there will be mentioned.

All the best.
20th December 2010, 02:44 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
hello all,
Actually where this type of difficulty is not needed,there it is mentioned.So when application will publish then you can understand.

And you are eligible for civil services and IES.

All the best.
20th December 2010, 07:04 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Yes you are eligible for some PSU exams which will allow colour blinded people with less percentage.

Your percentage is less, so might be eligible.

But for the jobs which will see medical fitness as an important criteria, you are not eligible for them.

All the best
22nd December 2010, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Thanks to all for inspirational guidance and useful information..
This really helps me..
23rd December 2010, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Thanks to all for useful information..This really will help me
23rd December 2010, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Thanks to all for useful information..This really will help me
2nd January 2011, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

reservation available for colourblind person in banking exam?
4th January 2011, 02:31 PM
swesh kumar

Default Re: Are colour blind people eligible for ies , ias Exams from electrical branch?

can i be eligible for final selection in the jobs related to IES,IAS,PSUs and any other core companies.i am from electrical branch.plz direct me cordially.
12th January 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

are color blind mechanical engineer eligible for construction jobs??????
13th January 2011, 01:39 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Minor color blindness student can't be rejected in all PSUs, but some doesn't allow like JSPL,Delhi metro,ONGC etc.

BSNL
OIL
IOCL
GAIL ect.thank you
13th January 2011, 07:54 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
colour blind people eligible for major PSU Exams and other exams

BSNL
OIL
IOCL
GAIL
BEL
BHEL etc.
But you can also join private firm like Nokia,Reliance, & so many telecom companies.
Very much options are available for you, you need to just select as per your interest.
good luck
13th January 2011, 09:32 AM
saswata06

No, colour blind people are not eligible for PSU exams.However you can apply for many technical jobs.
Best of luck!
20th January 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

partial clour blind people is allow in bhel psu for b.e .mechnical engg as et
21st January 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

are color blind people eligible in major psu bank ?
22nd January 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

are people having hydrocele are allowed to work in PSUs like ONGC and NTPC
22nd January 2011, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

are one eye blind people eligible for psus?
22nd January 2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

colorblind mechanical engineer can join construction industry?
30th January 2011, 08:11 PM
ravi0502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool View Post
dear friend,

BSNL
OIL
IOCL
GAIL
BEL
BHEL etc.

good luck.
all ican say is colorblindness is curable with natural treatment 100%
11th February 2011, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi0502 View Post
all ican say is colorblindness is curable with natural treatment 100%

how is it curable can u tell me please?
12th February 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
how is it curable can u tell me please?
natural yoga for eyes. contact [email protected]
13th February 2011, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

color blindness is not curable....its a zenetic problem
8th March 2011, 05:59 AM
Unregistered

Do psu,s like NTPC BHEL ONGC IOCL have any criteria for eyes.
I am doing my B.Tech in 3rd year and i am using specs.
26th March 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually candidates are rejected for the technical job in IES due to color blindness,since most of the services through IES are technical type(except stores but for this you have to get very good rank)
18th April 2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is simanchal from visakhapatnam, my aim is to serve with indian millitary but in this life i cant, because every field where i applied for job in defence and railway every where i rejected for only my eye colour blindness, and i came from a middle class family. i think in this world i dont have permission for living, i want to quit from my life because my aim is to join military, i m unable to tolerate my rejection on 29 july 2008 from indian navy. i selected but in the final M.E i was rejected but i had seen that there are so many peoples who were not eligible for the job they were qualified exept me.

I want to know in defence no chance for colour blindness people and in defence no such department where colour blindness is not required. is it?
27th April 2011, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

I am preparing for IES Exam ( Indian Engineering Service) though i am a one eyed person.................can any body please let me know is it worth preparing?
After reading the UPSC Gazette......i found that i am not a physically handicapped person....otherwise i would have gone through handicapped quota.....Can any friend pls. reply to my querry........
Is there any type of eng. service in government for one eyed person......?????????
5th May 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

does psu recruit one eye person....
26th May 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

are color blind people eligible for BANK PO job ???

Please reply

thanks in advance....
7th June 2011, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

i am b.tech. in civil engineer .i hv c0lour blindness.is m suitable for the government sector job
23rd June 2011, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Having done my BE in Mechanical from Jadavpur University I got selected in IOCL but was rejected in the Pre Employment medical due to color blinndness, so can you please suggest me a govt. sector where this defficiency is not a big issue.
13th July 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Are colour blind people eligible for bank po medical test?
3rd September 2011, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

if a person have myopia in the range of more than 4 then could this person be declared medical fit
22nd September 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I have also rejected by Air Force and Navy both.please tell me, am i elligible for S.S.C.(staff selection commission).OR Tell me which ranks/post in governmet jobs/S.S.C.

sir i want to be a guzted officer in indian govt/state govt So please tell me where i should try as colour blindness is not considerable
Sir please reply in my E-mail ID [email protected] if you can
1st October 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

sir i m b.tech 3rd yr metallurgical engineer,and i have colour blindness so please guide in which psu i can be selected?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?