5th November 2010, 08:02 PM
sandip behera

Details on Biotechnology & Medical courses in Gujarat?

My son will appear in +2 Science with Physics,Chemistry,Mathmatics & Biology under CBSC from Odisha.
He is interested to have either Biotechnology as first preference or Medical as second one;that to in Gujarat.May I have the idea on Name of Institutions,its course fee & Entrance procedures in the state of Gujrat for the above two course.

Related Questions:
  1. Biotechnology courses offered by colleges in gujarat, its fees structure & its admission procedure -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What's the admission procedure for Bachelor courses in Gujarat? I've passed 12th std from Science stream(Biology) with 63% marks and interested in science or Medicines
  3. Details about MSc Biotechnology course in South Gujarat University? What are the requirements to get admission in MSc Biotechnology colleges in South Gujarat University?
  4. Which are the courses available after B.Com Marketing and what is the scope of it in Gujarat? Details of the colleges?
  5. What are the available courses to enter medical line after B.Sc. Biotechnology?
  6. Which course is best to study after B.Sc Biotechnology? How to study the same? -- [New]
  7. How may I get details about biotechnology courses?
  8. Which colleges offer integrated M.Sc. & Ph.D. in Biotechnology?
  9. Date of forms for MBBS in various Medical Colleges of Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra & Vellore?
  10. Admission procedure and details regarding Ph.D/M.Phil in Biotechnology? Procedure for admission? Fee package for both the courses?
  11. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  12. What are the jobs for MSc Biotechnology freshers?
  13. List of courses along with their details can be done in Gujarat after 12th? List of colleges along with their name and address in Gujarat for the same?
  14. Which are the colleges in Gujarat for Biotechnology?
  15. What is the admission procedure followed for doing Bio Technology course in college? What is the cut-off required to join?
  16. List of courses along with their full details, available in Gujarat(especially in Vadodara) after 10th?
  17. What can I do after passing 12th with 50%?
  18. Can I study M.Sc(Biotechnology) in Abroad if pursue Internship in Medical Transcription and Lab Technician being a B.Sc(Biotechnology) student?
8th November 2010, 09:36 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details on Biotechnology & Medical courses in Gujarat?

Institutions conducting biotechnology courses in Gujarat are-

Name of Institution , Student Intake in Biotechnology Courses
Anand Agricultural University, Anand ,12
Department of Life Sciences Bhavnagar University,Bhavnagar, 30
CP College of Agriculture, Sardar Krushinagar, 80
College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Sardar Krushinagar 60
Department of Bioscience, Saurastra University,Rajkot 44
Gujarat Arts & Science College, Ahmedabad 80
B C J Science College, Khambat 80
Department of Biotechnology, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad 10
J & J College of Science, Ahmedabad 120
Loyola Centre for Research & Development, Ahmedabad 30
M G Science Institute, Ahmedabad 190
R G Shah Science College, Ahmedabad 125
St. Xavier College, Ahmedabad 50
Mahadev Desai College of Social Service for Boys, Gandhinagar 53
Department of Life Sciences, Hemachandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan 60
Nootan Sarva Vidhyalaya Kelavani Mandal, Visnagar 100
Smt. S M Panchal Science College, Hemachandracharya North Gujarat University, Sabarkantha 95
College of Agriculture, Junagadh Agricultural University, Junagadh 75
Department of Biochemistry, MS University of Baroda, Baroda 45
Department of Food & Nutrition, MS University of Baroda, Baroda 80
Department of Microbiology & Biotechnology, MS University of Baroda, Baroda 35
Navsari Agricultural University, Navsari 260
Nirma University, Institute of Pharmacy, Ahmedabad NA
Department of Bioscience, S P University, Vallabh Vidyanagar 67
Shree Manibhai Virani & Smt. Navalben Virani Science College, Rajkot 240
Smt. U B Bhagat Science Mahila College, Amreli 60
Arts, Science and Commerce College, Kholvad 50
Pramukh Swami Science & H.D.Patel Arts College , Kadi
Tolani College of Arts & Sciences, Adipur 80
Government Science College,
Khokhara, Maninagar (E), Ahmedabad 60
For the course fees & entrance procedure its better to see the prospectus of the institute in which you want to get admission as the criteria has change according to the seats available for it.

Medical Colleges in Gujarat are-
B J Medical College, Ahemedabad CU Shah Medical College, Surendra Nagar Government Medical College, Rajkot Government Medical College, Dr. H. Vaidya Road,Kalanala Government Medical College, Surat Government Medical College, Kalanala Government Medical College, Surat Kesarsal Medical College & Research Institute, Daskroi Taluka, Badaj Medical College Medical College, Bhavnagar Medical College, Vadodara MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar Municipal Corporation Medical College, Surat Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College, Rajkot Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad SBKS Medical Instt. & Research Centre, Waghodia Shri M P Shah Medical College, Jamnagar Smt N H L Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & ResearcH, Surat Swami Vivekakand Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research, Bharuch
for course fees refer to the prospectus.
21st November 2010, 07:04 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Both these courses offer huge career potential to a student. In Gujarat there are many colleges offering both the courses. In Biotechnology some of the colleges are Anand Agricultural University, CP College of Agriculture, Gujarat Arts & Science College, B C J Science College, J & J College of Science, Loyola Centre for Research & Development, M G Science Institute, R G Shah Science College, St. Xavier College etc.
As for medicine, B J Medical College, Shah Medical College, Government Medical College, Jamnagar Municipal Corporation Medical College, SBKS Medical Institute & Research Centre, Institute of Medical Education & Research, Swami Vivekakand Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research.
2nd March 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

M.com Previous year paper
7th March 2011, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Presntly i am studying in Nashik ( 12th Sciece - General group (A B) ) , i want to take the addmission in Bio technology or in Bio Medical in gujarat , So pl suggest waht is the addmission ( Eligibility ) criteria for addmission in gujarat and also pl suggest which are the collages available in gujrat
17th March 2011, 10:27 AM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

Name of Institution , Student Intake in Biotechnology Courses
Anand Agricultural University, Anand ,12
Department of Life Sciences Bhavnagar University,Bhavnagar, 30
CP College of Agriculture, Sardar Krushinagar, 80
College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Sardar Krushinagar 60
Department of Bioscience, Saurastra University,Rajkot 44
Gujarat Arts & Science College, Ahmedabad 80
5th May 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about the course of food and nutrition in msu of baroda, from when the course start, what is the eligibility, and what is the age limit for it
13th May 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

i pass 12 sci in surat[gujrat]
i want to get admistion in smimer{surat muncipal} for mbbs for 2011
my merit is 77.60
i come in open categari
31st May 2011, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

where How to get the forms for bsc biotech?
8th December 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Guys ders no scope for biotech people in India.. its really hard to survive in India having a degree in biotechnology....

Biotechnologist
11th January 2016, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip behera View Post
My son will appear in +2 Science with Physics,Chemistry,Mathmatics & Biology under CBSC from Odisha.
He is interested to have either Biotechnology as first preference or Medical as second one;that to in Gujarat.May I have the idea on Name of Institutions,its course fee & Entrance procedures in the state of Gujrat for the above two course.
Dear Mr. Behera,
Where did you admit your son ? I am also in the same position as you were in 2010. Kindly guide me!

rgds,
V.Kumar
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?