17th December 2011, 09:50 PM
sujit deswal

How to start preparation to become IAS Officer being a candidate of 3rd year B.Tech?

hello sir ..............
currently i m student of b.tech 3rd year and i want to becam a IAS officer plz guide me how i can start my prepration .plz tell me.

Related Questions:
  1. How to start my preparation from college days to become an IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  2. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  3. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
  4. Books which I can refer for IAS preparation during my B.Tech 3rd year?
  5. How to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech course?
  6. I am doing 3rd year in ECE : In which year can I write IAS prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  8. How to become an IAS officer while pursuing B.E? What kind of preparation is required?
  9. Books which I should refer for IAS preparation which I can refer during 3rd year?
  10. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  11. What shall I do to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Com course?
  12. Can I start preparation to become an IPS Officer pursuing Engineering in ECE stream?
  13. How to start preparation for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech?
  14. How to start the preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech Mechanical 3rd year
  15. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  16. Should I start preparation for IAS exam if studying MBBS 3rd year? -- [New]
  17. How to become IAS official after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering? Study material for preparation?
  18. How can I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year of ECE branch
18th December 2011, 07:05 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation to become IAS Officer being a candidate of 3rd year B.Tech?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. Many candidates are having the dream to see themselves as an IAS Officer.

In order to become an IAS Officer, one night study does not fetch you anything. One has to show lot of dedication and interest towards completion of the syllabus for IAS Exam and in addiion one should be strong enough in outside general knowledge.

For IAS, one has to go through civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year. The selection procedure to become IAS officer will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university in order to be eligible for this exam.

-In addition, one should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.

-Relaxation is there in upper age liimt upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

As you are a candidate of 3rd year B.Tech, this is the right time for you to start preparation for IAS. Try to join in good coaching institute for this exam and learn the subject well and make sure that you are strong enough in subject knowledge by the time you appear for the exam.

Spend as many hours of time as you can towards preparing for this exam. Because there is every chance for the candidates to be placed in other civil services like
-IPS
-IRS
depending upon their score in Main Exam and on the basis of performance in Interview.

Choose the optional subjects in accordance with your specilalization in your B.Tech and in which you have some previous knowledge.

For updted inforamtion on civil services exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
26th December 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to start preparation to become IAS Officer being a candidate of 3rd year B.Tech?

Can we do self study?.Which books should be prefer for it.
28th December 2011, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

can any one guide me to the way to become an ias officer from the grade 11 onwards
21st March 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

What about subject selection in IAS ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?