20th December 2011, 07:02 AM
rktpro

Which is better among B.Tech Aeronautical engineering and B.sc Astrophysics?

Hello,
I am interested in the field of space. I want to know which has more scope, offers better working hours out of the two
B.Tech in aeronautical eng.
B.Sc in astrophysics

If you are aware of any other course in astrophysics, please inform me.

11th June 2012, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Which is better among B.Tech Aeronautical engineering and B.sc Astrophysics?

First of all, it depends on your interest. Further, You can make the difference on the basis of course, institute and career prospects.

1. B.tech in Aeronautical engg::
the institutes which offer are: IIT chennai, kharagpur, mumbai, Punjab engg college.
Academy of Aerospace & Aviation, Indore, institute of aeronautical engg Dehradun etc.

The course includes Fluid mechanics, applied maths, Engg drawing, aerodynamics, aircraft systems, aircraft production/planning and control, helicopter engineering, radio and communications, electrical systems etc.
For career : you can go for airlines, aircraft manufacturing, turbine production plants or sectors in aviation industry. you can be involved in defence aircrafts, commercial planes, helicopters, satellites etc.

For astrophysics:
The institutes are (for post grad and Phd because B. sc astrophysics is not available in so many colleges, you can go for science undergraduate degree and get into these):

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, (Bangalore)
Indian Institute of Science, (Bangalore)
Raman Research Institute, (Bangalore)
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, (Pune)
National Centre for Radio Astronomy etc.

Or they conduct their entrance exam
The course includes subjects of astrophysics, astronomy, physics and mathematics in general.

career :
you can go for research by being a scientist, work in industry or national firm, be in the academics as a professor, join the radio / infra-red or optical astro fields.
4th July 2012, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is better among B.Tech Aeronautical engineering and B.sc Astrophysics?

Which is better B.tech or B.Eng
18th March 2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply b tech(aerospace engineering) directly after 10 2.
12th July 2013, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am a plus two computer science student. I wished to become an astronomical scientist in ISRO. Which course that I take after my 2 level? Is aeronautical engineering is better for that?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?