18th November 2010, 01:30 AM
AnAsker

How should I get the book published?

Hi all,

I will be passing 12th (PCM) , good in studies.

I am a well Talented Crationist, I want to write a book/novel but worried about its publication. I dont know how to get a book published.

I request all the experts to kindly help me out in this regard, even a very small publication is also enough for me to show case my Talent.

16th May 2011, 01:17 PM
deepakdeep1

Default Re: How should I get the book published?

If you live in India and dream of becoming a published author, there are some specific steps you must take to make your dream come true. Becoming a published author requires persistence and finesse, as well as lots of writing talent.

Instructions
1-Research book markets to find out what kind of material each publishing house will publish. Choose a publisher based on the kind of manuscript you have written or plan to write. The Internet is an invaluable resource for researching publishers. Type in the name of the publisher and find a link or page that addresses questions about author submissions, the types of books published and how many books they accept for publication each year.

Punya Publishing is based in Bangalore, India, and is known for its publishing excellence. Featuring topics like education, as well as trade books, fiction, poetry and research books, they have even published a book for Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, who is India's president. Punya Publishing provides authors with every service, from publishing their manuscript, to acquiring the perfect cover art.

Books at Bahri is a publishing house in India best known for the book that recently became an Academy Award-winning movie: "Slumdog Millionaire" by author Vikas Swarup. It is the largest publishing house in India, and publishes the largest number of books by Indian authors.

Prakash Books is noted as one of India's major book sources. Publishing both fiction and nonfiction, they also specialize in publishing and selling a number of self-help titles.
2)-Follow the publisher's guidelines for submitting work to them. Some publishers prefer to see a book proposal rather than a completed manuscript. Be sure to send them what they ask for. Whether they request a proposal or a manuscript, be certain it is neatly typewritten in size 12 font and double spaced. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope for their reply, as well as for the return of any materials you wish to have returned.
3)-Books are published in India by both traditional publishers or self-publishers.

Reply immediately if you receive an indication from a publisher that they are interested in your work. Submit manuscripts on time as indicated in your author's contract. If you are going to miss a deadline inform the editor immediately.
4)-Opt for self-publishing your book in India if traditional publishing seems unlikely. Follow the instructions provided by the self-publisher and consider hiring a publicist to promote you as an author, as well as for promoting your upcoming publication. Seek radio and television personalities who may wish to interview you regarding your upcoming book. These are excellent ways to gain free publicity, which almost always helps in selling books once they are published and on the market.

One of India's best known self-publishing companies is called Pothi Self Publishing. It is noted for turning out fine quality books and providing their authors with state-of-the-art print-on-demand services. Print on demand means you needn't stockpile your self-published books to sell them. Consumers may purchase them directly from the self-publisher, who will then print each book as it is ordered. Bookstore owners may order books via the print-on-demand process as well.
5)-Study both options carefully for publishing your book in India. Whether you choose traditional publishing or self-publishing, remember that your name is on your work and no one can make or break your reputation as a writer but you. Proofread, edit and constantly improve upon your work before submitting it to the publisher for their final edits. This will ascertain writing the best book possible.
Thanks!
16th May 2011, 02:25 PM
rishabh bajpai

Wink Re: How should I get the book published?

If you think that you have done extremely well in your book wait for a right time try to advertise your book on face book.try to contact some good publisher through e-mail .try to increase your contact show them your work they will surely like it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?