24th December 2011, 09:55 AM
titan90210

Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?

Sir i am in 3rd year mechanical engineering and i want to join merchant navy right after i complete my graduation. could you mail the necessary eligibity criteria for the same on [email protected]. thanking you

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  2. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  3. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  4. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  5. Am I eligible to join merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc with 54% marks?
  6. How to join Merchant Navy after completing graduation? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  7. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  8. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  9. Procedure to join Merchant Navy for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  10. How to make entry into Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? List of top colleges to join this course?
  11. One year Merchant Navy course after engineering which are the best colleges for the one year course? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  13. How to join merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. How to join merchant navy as an electrical engineer? What is the fee structure for correspondence course?
  15. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing engineering? What is the criteria?
  16. What steps to be taken to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  18. Can I join merchant navy after completing mechanical engineering in automobile specialization
24th December 2011, 06:00 PM
Hours

Default Re: Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?

Indian Navy SSC Officers Eligibility Criteria :
1. Age – Should be between 19-24 years.
2. Physical Standards – The height of the students applying for this should be at least 157 cms in males & 152 cms in females with corresponding weights. The eye sight can be 6/24 with correctable to 6/6 with glasses. Candidates with color / night blindness can not apply.
3. Education – as you are graduate in the mechanical engineering you can apply in these exam.only condition is that you should be having 60% marks in your graduation.

exams for you to clear is I.N.A Exam – Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam
Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam

Govt time to time publish their vacancy in employment newspaper
(comes weekly)and other newspapers.
Read them regularly.
6th February 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?

sir i have completed my engineering from mechanical branch so it is suitable if i do marine engineering
15th April 2012, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

sir i hav done btech in cse so is it suitable to enter in merchant navy
15th April 2012, 11:14 PM
maya_sarabhai

Eligible Merchant Navy course
Unmarried male and female Students are eligible .
Students who have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.
For SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.
Age requirement is not more than 20 years.

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply
Deck Cadets
Navigating Officers

Best college for Merchant Navy course
T.S Chanakya.
International Maritime Institute
Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies
Tolani Maritime Institute
Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education

Good Luck..!!

R
1st June 2012, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

i am wondering if any one can tell me , which exam i have to go through as right now i m persuing my b.tech degree (mechanical branch)..
to join the any good merchant navy college..?
20th July 2012, 12:35 PM
Useruuuuuu

Yes you can join merchant navy.
For this
pcm not less than 50%& english 50%.
Minimum
.weight 50
eyesight 6/6
25th September 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after doing graduation in commerce..?
15th December 2012, 07:07 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan90210 View Post
Sir i am in 3rd year mechanical engineering and i want to join merchant navy right after i complete my graduation. could you mail the necessary eligibity criteria for the same on [email protected]. thanking you
Dear frined..You can join merchant navy after graduating from mechanical engineering. You can join as a graduate marine engineer. For this you have to appear in the examination conducted by Indian Marine University(IMU). After selection you have to do a pre sea training and after successful completion of the training you can join as a 5th engineer in national or international vessels.
For more details please visit:- http://imu.tn.nic.in
8th June 2014, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

I m in bca final year how i can apply for merchant navy pls tell me the procedur to join merchant navy
20th August 2014, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

i m studying B.E in 3rd year with stream Computer Science , and i am 21 years old,so will i be eligible for merchant navy nnxt year??
11th July 2015, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing engg. in mechanical my over all percentage will 55% minimum and my date of birth is 28-06-1992 so can i join marchant navy as marchant engineer or not i want highest salary package so can i get that or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?