25th December 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MSc maths after passing B.Tech?

zm I eligible to do MSc maths after doing B Tech..please tell me if i am eligible

19th January 2012, 10:20 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MSc maths after passing B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
zm I eligible to do MSc maths after doing B Tech..please tell me if i am eligible
There are number of institutes which offers Master of Science (Mathematics) and the eligibility criteria varies a little bit in each of them. Some of the institutes like the University of Delhi, conducts entrance exam and to be eligible for it, one must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in bachelors degree program in mathematics or related areas. Whereas, to get into few of the universities, one must have secured a minimum of 55%-60% in the bachelors degree program to be considered eligible for the course. Candidates with B.Sc in Maths with a minimum of 55% marks,usually, do not need to qualify entrance examination in most of the institutes offering the course.
Since you have done B.Tech, you will be considered eligible, depending upon the marks you have secured in the bachelors degree examination and the subject combination you had in the same.
Some of the best institutes offering the course are as follows:
  • University of Delhi
  • Annamalai University
  • Chennai Mathematical Institute
  • University of Mumbai
  • Andhra University
  • Banaras Hindu University
Please refer to the official website of the institutes for complete information.
4th March 2012, 08:14 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes your eligible to apply for M.sc in mathematics .

M.sc stands for Master of Science . It is an Master Degree. The duration of the course is for two years and the course is divided into four semester.

Syllabus for M.sc in Mathematics :-
  • Linear Algebra
  • Advanced Calculus
  • Real Analysis
  • Number Theory
  • Differential Geometry
  • Partial Differential Equations
  • Groups and Rings
  • General Topology
  • Complex Analysis

Eligibility criteria :-

You should complete bachelor degree in Mathematics stream from recognized university . You should having mathematics is main subject in 12th standard as well as Bachelor degree . You should score above 50% percentage of marks in bachelor degree . The institution may conduct entrance examination as well as Interview , for example the follow college and University may conduct entrance examination within the colleges .

Entrance Examination :-
  • Anna University Entrance Examination
  • National Institute of Technology Entrance Examination
  • Osmania University Entrance Examination
  • Sri Venkateswara University Entrance Examination

If your qualified in entrance examination then you may get admission for following colleges like,

Best Colleges for M.sc Mathmatics :-

Sri Venkateswara University

Sri Krishnadevaraya University

Shivaji University

Ranchi University

Veer Kunwar Singh University
4th March 2012, 09:53 PM
anlakshmi

You can do... if you had an exclusive mathematics subject in B.Tech ...
nevertheless, this is a crazy idea... as if someone wants to change his job from an Executive Engineer to an Accountant or a School Teacher...
please ignore... if you don't like my answer...
23rd May 2012, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

i have done b tech in computer science m I eligible for doing M sc in mathematics
11th May 2013, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for MSc maths, physics after passing B.Tech & MTech from mechanical engg? i want to became a school lecture in haryana state
23rd August 2014, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

i got 65% marks in B.Tech. and i have 3 maths subjects in my B.Tech. in that subjects i got 80% marks. Am I eligible for M.Sc. maths.
I am from andhra pradesh.
19th August 2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

hello, now i am studying B.Tech(Agricultural Engineering).I will finish this course in may'16_whether i am eligible to apply MSc maths?
16th February 2016, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

I have done BE Mechanical with first class distinction. I want to make career in Mathematics. Suggest me some area where i can do this??
20th May 2016, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

I completed my m.teCh in eee, I am eligible are not to do MSc physics and also tell me the course duration
20th September 2016, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my btech in Bio-Tech . Am I eligible for MSc maths
8th September 2018, 05:35 PM
iamAaliya

Yes you are eligible after doing B.Tech. Some universities conduct entrance exam where as some colleges give admission on the basis of entrance exam. The eligibility for doing M. Sc in Mathematics is Pass with 50% aggregate marks in Bachelors degree (any discipline) (with Mathematics as a subject) or B.Tech. or B.E. or B.Sc. (Engineering) or equivalent, subject to qualifying entrance exam (If any). Colleges which are well known for M. Sc. Mathematics :
IISc, IMSc, IITs, CMI, ISI, TIFR, K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Lovely Professional University, Punjab, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani-Pilani, Rajasthan. College of Engineering, Pune, Pune , Maharashtra.Birla Institute of Technology, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore , GandhinagarHBTI KanpurISM , DST, Dhanbad,BHU,Cochin UniversityJ, adavpur University, Anna University, PSG College of Technology.
23rd September 2018, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Colleges in tamilnadu offering btech as eligibility criteria for msc physics
19th March 2020, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.TECH from computer science and engineering.Am I eligible for Msc Mathematics in Banaras Hindu University.Please tell me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?