26th November 2010, 11:59 PM
upasanaarora6

How to do PhD in IITs?

i m doing MBA in HR and dis is my 3rd sem... i m interested in doing phd from IIT IN HR... plz telll me the complete procedure regarding the entrance exam for the same ?

27th November 2010, 01:22 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do PhD in IITs?

Eligibility for Admission to the Doctoral Programme:

B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent with first class / 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) and minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience

OR

M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) at graduation and post graduation level

OR

Master of Management/ M.B.A. or equivalent with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) at graduation and post graduation level

OR

M.Sc/M.A/M.Com/LLM/MCA or equivalent with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) at graduation and post graduation level and 1 year of relevant work experience

OR

CA/CFA(USA) with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in the preceding degrees and 1 year of relevant work experience

OR

The requirements for research scholars are a Master's degree in an eligible discipline with a good academic record and qualification in JMET / CAT / AIMA / GATE / UGC-NET JRF or Lectureship or equivalent. Candidates with at least five years managerial experience are also eligible in lieu of the qualifying test. (IIT Madra only)

NOTE: The eligibility criteria will be changing for admission to next fall (July 2011).
27th November 2010, 03:39 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

If you want to do P.hd from IIT, then you have to complete your post graduation from IIT as well as you should also involved in research work.

So, if you have done your MBA from IIT, NIT or from some reputed colleges and you should have good academics record with some rearch work, then you should get a chance to do P.hd from IIT's.

IIT's released a notification for P.hd admissions and you need to apply for them, the admission is made in April and may.

So, for the Ph.D. programme, you must must have a master's degree in specified areas of Management.
27th November 2010, 09:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by upasanaarora6 View Post
i m doing MBA in HR and dis is my 3rd sem... i m interested in doing phd from IIT IN HR... plz telll me the complete procedure regarding the entrance exam for the same ?
As to take up PhD from IIT, you have to first finish your PG. try to get involved in research projects. IIT’s only take up candidates with good academic background. Every year IIT notifies for PhD admissions in the month of April and May. Please visit the official website for further details.
28th November 2010, 06:59 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

to do PhD in IITs
If you want to do P.hd from IIT, then you have to complete your post graduation from IIT as well as you should also involved in research work.

you should have good academics record with some rearch work, then you should get a chance to do P.hd from IIT's.

IIT's released a notification for P.hd admissions and you need to apply for them, the admission is made in April and may.

So, for the Ph.D. programme, you must must have a master's degree in specified areas of Management.

good luck.
14th December 2010, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

is M.tech from distance eligible for doing p.hd in iits.
15th December 2010, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

how to do phd in lifesciences from iit i hve completed my 3rd sem in msc biotech what is the criteria and procedure to apply for the same
18th December 2010, 11:38 AM
sindhusweety

Eligibility for Admission to the Doctoral Programme:

B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent with first class / 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) and minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience

OR

M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) at graduation and post graduation level

OR

Master of Management/ M.B.A. or equivalent with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) at graduation and post graduation level

OR

M.Sc/M.A/M.Com/LLM/MCA or equivalent with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) at graduation and post graduation level and 1 year of relevant work experience

OR

CA/CFA(USA) with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in the preceding degrees and 1 year of relevant work experience

OR

The requirements for research scholars are a Master's degree in an eligible discipline with a good academic record and qualification in JMET / CAT / AIMA / GATE / UGC-NET JRF or Lectureship or equivalent. Candidates with at least five years managerial experience are also eligible in lieu of the qualifying test. (IIT Madra only)

NOTE: The eligibility criteria will be changing for admission to next fall (July 2011).
28th January 2011, 12:42 AM
diego
Banned

you have to appear for phd entrance test...you must have an M.Tech or M.E. in any branch of engineering
In exceptional cases when the student is topper in his/her B.Tech/B.E. may be eligible for direct admission into PhD after BE. Such candidates must have secured 75% in their qualifying examination, and must also have a valid GATE score.
for more info visit their respective sites
regards diego
2nd February 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

i have done b.tech and mba(distance learning) in it.Can i apply for phd?
7th February 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, i was doing my ME(Instrumentation Engg.), i would like to do Ph.d program in top institution. Could u pls give suggestion for the institution...
19th February 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, iam doing M.Sc chemistry. can i apply for phd in IIT's ?
6th April 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing my M.Tech from RGPV university Bhopal. Please let me know the procedure to get admission for PHD from IIT. I don hav GATE score card. Is it mandatory for the admission?
10th April 2011, 12:44 PM
N DEVENDER

you can do Ph.d in any subject of sciences or engineering by qualifying national entrance exams like GATE,CSIR.they will provide fellowship also.first you should apply for the notifications.
23rd April 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Mam,

I want to get admission for ph.d course in your university. I have master in social work with 50 marks and waiting for final result from IGNOU and have also master in rural development with 68 from IGNOU. Now i want to get admission for the course of ph.d. Please guide me for the procedure and eligibility criteria for the course. Although i have 9 year professional experience in social sector. I will wait for your response as early as possible.

Thank you
your faithfully

Manohar Rana
Email:- [email protected]/[email protected]
M-9212467247/9953683034
18th May 2011, 01:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
is m.tech from distance eligible for doing p.hd in iits.

m-tech from distance are not applicable for phd programme in iits
14th June 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Q....
Respected Sir/Mam,
I want to get admission for ph.d basing on gate score in 2011 I completed M,Sc (marine biotechnology) in Andhra university. A.P
30th June 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

i am doing master degree (ME). i want to join ph.d in iit. i need what are the procedure there.
6th July 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I finished M.E. & i want to do ph.d (EEE) in IIT. please give suggestion to my mailid [email protected]
26th July 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

is phd possible with out a gate exam in iit in the field of mechanical cae.di i have to take an exam?
2nd September 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

I am student of M.Sc microbiology from kanpur university......... i want to know that can i do PhD from IITs? plz tell me the procedure also
11th September 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i have completed my BE(CSE) and MBA(HR).......... i am intersted to ph.d...can suggest top institute for me......what is formalites for doing ph.d in iit.............
19th September 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

I wanted to know if i am eligible to apply for PhD in Management at IIT.

I have completed my MBA and have also cleared UGC NET giving eligibility for the lectureship but not the NET JRF.
Can i still apply for the PhD program??
10th February 2012, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

i m doing M.TECH in MACHINE DESIGNE and dis is my 3rd sem... i m interested in doing phd from IIT IN ROBOTICS ... plz telll me the complete procedure regarding the entrance exam for the same?
20th March 2012, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

i am doing ME(system engg) as a part time. could u pls tell me that is it possible to do phd in iit?
20th April 2012, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

I got admission to Masters degree in POWER ELECTRONICS & DRIVES through GATE 2011 SCORE under INSTRUMENTATION PAPER.my Course will complete in 2013.Is it Possible for me to Do Phd with same GATE score...since my GATE score validity expires on march 2013.Can you suggest me Any idea to my mail id : [email protected]
Suggest me the ways how to Join Phd in Good Universities
15th June 2012, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Is good research works and gate score let me to do Phd in iit?
28th June 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

hi mam i have done M.A in economics from panjab university chandigarh.i have also qualified UGC-NET with JRF.i am interested in doing p.hd from IIT.can i apply nd what is procedure.please tell me.
30th June 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I m doing MTECH in Nanoelctronics and after that I want to do PHD from IIT , so plz guide me about the eligibility criteria
26th August 2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I completed my B.tech in biotechnology with 68% and my master from one of the most reputed university in UK with 65%. I am looking forward to do my Phd from IIT, do I need to write any kind of entrance if i want to get into IIT?

Anup
25th September 2012, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

are btech-mtech integrated eligible for phd from iit's?
27th September 2012, 01:17 AM
sasmitakindo

i had given my last semester exam of MBA,and waiting for result.Iwant to do PhD in management in IIT,NIT or some other good institute.so plz guide me.
27th September 2012, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

HI
I have done my Diploma (3 Years) in Chemical Engineering, PGDHRM from Symbiosis and have an experience of 5 years in HR field.
Is there any way for me to get into PhD in
7th October 2012, 01:01 PM
Rajanitai

HEY......

you want to do P.hd from IIT, then you have to complete your post graduation from IIT as well as you should also involved in research work.So, if you have done your MBA from IIT, NIT or from some reputed colleges and you should have good academics record with some rearch work, then you should get a chance to do P.hd from IIT's.IIT's released a notification for P.hd admissions and you need to apply for them, the admission is made in April and may.you have to appear for phd entrance test...you must have an M.Tech or M.E. in any branch of engineering
In exceptional cases when the student is topper in his/her B.Tech/B.E. may be eligible for direct admission into PhD after BE. Such candidates must have secured 75% in their qualifying examination, and must also have a valid GATE score.
13th October 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have completed my M.Sc. in mathematics in 2012 with 78% marks and want to do research from IIT
Please tell me procedure for that
Mail [email protected]
THANKS
18th December 2012, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have completed my M.Sc. in mathematics in 2012 with 78% marks and want to do research from IIT
Please tell me procedure for that
Mail [email protected]
THANKS.
20th December 2012, 11:01 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hii
if you're interested i doing Ph.D from IIT, you need to fill up the form of the Quality Improvement Program which is an advanced program for the year 2013-2014.
for the complete information about this program, including the eligibility criteria and selection program
click on the link given below

http://www.qip.cce.iisc.ernet.in/qip-brochure-phd.pdf
15th February 2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

hii

i have completed my MBA Degree in Part time... i am Interested with IIT Ph.D Research ... Please tell me a part time MBA is eligible or not...... My email id. [email protected]
15th February 2013, 04:42 PM
Sikdu

to do PhD from iit you need to complete your post graduation and must have some work experience or you must have been involved in some research work.
15th February 2013, 11:45 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

In order to do Ph.D in IIT’s you need to have the best profile of your academics.

You need to give the UGC-NET exam and score the maximum marks in the examination.

If you are good enough in scoring the maximum marks then you have chances to do Ph.D in IIT.

Thank you,

All the best.
15th February 2013, 11:46 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

In order to do Ph.D in IIT’s you need to have the best profile of your academics.

You need to give the UGC-NET exam and score the maximum marks in the examination.

If you are good enough in scoring the maximum marks then you have chances to do Ph.D in IIT.

Thank you,

All the best.
22nd November 2015, 06:06 AM
Unregistered

IS THERE LABOUR WELFARE AND INDUSTRIAL RELATION SUBJECT IN IIT PHD PROGRAMMES..PLS SEND MAIL TO ME REGARDING DETAILS AT [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?