11th January 2012, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Can science students opt Archaeology for graduation?

I am currently preparing for my boards, i have science as my subject, (PCM with bio) i want to study Archaeology (Marine Archaeology). Can i take it as my subject for graduation???

15th July 2012, 06:43 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can science students opt Archaeology for graduation?

Hi dear..
The basic eligibility for Archaeology for Under Graduate course like B.A. is having history as a subject in 10 +2 . As you are preparing for boards take history as an additional subject and you can opt for the above given stream.

All the best..
15th July 2012, 10:21 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently preparing for my boards, i have science as my subject, (PCM with bio) i want to study Archaeology (Marine Archaeology). Can i take it as my subject for graduation???
hello
its good to hear that you know what you want to do so i want to make it clear that Marine Archaeology is completely meant for history students or arts stream students it doesn't means that you cannot opt it only there is a procedure you are left with that you can take 6th as your additional subject it is rule act from C.B.S.E available in every single schools so don't worry pick history as your 6th subject where when finals board done then your percentage will obtained from five subjects only where they replace your minimum scored subject with 6th additional subject if you score more in it .
19th July 2012, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

I passed my 12 iam a science student iam doing ec engineering which i dont like i took geography as my additional sub.so can i join archaelogy
21st January 2013, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

am a b pharmacy student can i opt archaeology for post graduation:(
22nd January 2013, 02:33 PM
ipmishra
Member+

Hello
To pursue Archeology Study you have to have history as a subject.Do not worry you can choose it as the sixth optional. And during boards the result of 5 subjects will out so your minimum scored subject will be replaced by your 6th optional, in your case history. S you just have to choose it as your 6th optional and do not score the lowest in it.
I hope it helped.
26th April 2013, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

m a science student n i hve gvn brds bt i wnt to opt archaeology for graduation is it pssble?
17th February 2014, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi!i am dental student.i want to give up my dental studies and would like to join in archeology undergraduate course.is that possible??
18th March 2014, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

i am in 12th with bipc and do not have any additional subject but i have lot of interest in archaeology my boards are getting over can i opt for it .
23rd March 2014, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

hi..i am pursuing electronics and communication engineering..but i have lot of intrest in archeology. can i opt for it??? is there any chance for me after completing my b.e in e.c??
25th May 2014, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

In my 11th class I am taking science with bio as my subject because I want to make career in monument chemistry or botanical archaeology . is my dicesion is correct . does I have taken correct subject
1st February 2015, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

I am preparing for my boards now and I am a science student with PCMB as my subjects .what are the percentage needed to take addmission In archeology
26th March 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I am science student i give my HSC exam my subjects are PCB and education i want archeologist can i take history subject for archeoloy entras exan is this possible please ans me yes or no ?
15th October 2015, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir in my school there is no history subject as optional so i had maths hindi can i still take BA archaeology
7th January 2017, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

I am having the stream of science. So can I become an archaeologist by studying bachelor of science?
17th November 2017, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

I am in 11th std I have taken (PCB) with psychology I am interested in a field related to biology and history something like Archaeological research is it possible and which field
24th February 2018, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.Sc student. I have secured 47% though I m interested in doing PGD in Archaeology. Whether there is any chance for me to go for it ?
23rd August 2020, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Which group i have to choose to study archeology after 10th
9th January 2023, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
m a science student n i hve gvn brds bt i wnt to opt archaeology for graduation is it pssble?
Hi Right Now I am a student studying in class 12, Can you pls answer your question
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?