4th December 2010, 08:52 PM
krishmurali

Doing Masters in Biotechnology : Books to refer for CSIR UGC/NET JRF exam in Lifesciences?

i am planning to prepare for csir-ugc/net-jrf in lifesciences..i am persuing my masters in biotechnology..can you please suggest me the books that i can refer regarding my preparation.

16th December 2010, 03:37 PM
vandu89

Default Re: Doing Masters in Biotechnology : Books to refer for CSIR UGC/NET JRF exam in Lifesciences?

CSIR-Net Life Science By B. L. Chaudhary, CSIR Life Sciences By Dr. Pramod Singh CSIR-UGC JRF/LS(NET) Life Sciences By GK Publisher Reference Book, Csir-Ugc Net/Jrf/Slet Life Sciences By Dr. A. P. Singh & Kumar Pushkar, Latest Books CSIR UGC Net/JRF/SET Life Sciences By Singh Csir - Ugc Net / Slet Life Science (paper I & II ) Joint Ugc, Csir Net Life Sciences Also For State Level Entrance Examination By Ziaul Hasan Faruqi free download e books
16th December 2010, 04:00 PM
HAMIDULLAH

Default Re: Doing Masters in Biotechnology : Books to refer for CSIR UGC/NET JRF exam in Lifesciences?

[QUOTE=krishmurali;262057]i am planning to prepare for csir-ugc/net-jrf in lifesciences..i am persuing my masters in biotechnology..can you please suggest me the books that i can refer regarding my preparation.[/QU

You can select these books
1. Lubert Stryer Unit no. 1,2,5 and basic metabolism portion
2. Pathfinder books for CSIR-UGC net, Part-1 and 2
3. Ecology NCERT -12th
4. Evolution NCERT- 12th
5. Population Genetics chaptor by Gardner
6. Previous year paper
16th December 2010, 04:21 PM
henzss

must haves!
1.leninger
2.prescott
both r foreign authors
16th December 2010, 07:46 PM
mukesh prakash gocher

ya.
for csir you prefer first the ncert of 11th and 12th.
then go for gk publication guide..
17th December 2010, 12:25 AM
shubham556

tata mcgrahill for csir-ugc/nrt-jfr is much good book for it
18th December 2010, 02:31 AM
ndpiparava

Hi dear,i give you list of CSIR JRF Life Sciences - Study Books

Here is the list of CSIR books you need to get CSIR JRF. Will be updating regularly.
Biochemistry Books
Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry by Nelson and Cox
Biochemistry by Lubert Stryer, J.M., Berg and J.L. Tymoczko
Principles and Techniques by Keith Wilson and John Walker
Microbiology Books
Microbiology: Fundamental and Application, by Ronald M. Atlas,
Microbiology by L.M. Prescott, J.P. Harley and D.A. Klein,
Genetics Books
Genetics: BD Singh
Genetics: A Molecular Approach by T.A. Brown
Principle of Genetics by E.J. Gardner, M.J. Simmons and D.P. Snustad

Cell and Molecular Biology Books
Cell and Molecular Biology: Concepts and Experiments by G Karp
Molecular Cell Biology - Lodish
Immunology
Immunology by Janis Kuby
Recombinant DNA Technology Books
Gene Cloning and DNA analysis by T.A. Brown
Plant Tissue Culture by M.K. Razdan
Biotechnology by B.D.Singh
Human Physiology Books
Essentials of Animal Physiology by Rastogi
Review of Medical Physiology by William F. Ganong
Plant Physiology
Plant Physiology by Salisbury and Ross
Ecology and Evolution Books
Text Book of Biology: NCERT XI and XII Basic Ecology by E.P. Odum
Ecology and Environment by PD Sharma
Ecology unit from Dinesh's Objective Biology
Organic evolution from Veer Bala Rastogi
BIOLOGY Books
General Biology (10 +2 level) Biological Science by N.P.O Green, G.W. Stout and D.J. Taylor
Text Book of Biology: NCERT XI and XII
PHYSICS
Concepts of Physics (Part 1 and 2) by H C Verma
Text Book of Physics: NCERT XI and XII
CHEMISTRY
Text Book of Chemistry: NCERT XI and XII
Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
Physical Chemistry by Atkins

You also need books for statistics, Computer, Maths etc.

If u have any suggestion please write to us on [email protected] or use comments below.
18th December 2010, 07:03 AM
raja jeganathan

Biochemistry, Lubert Stryer, Berg J.M. and Tymoczko J.L. (2002). W.H. Freeman
Bioingermatics, A practical Guide to the analysis of genes and protein (2002). Baxeuarus A.D. and Francis Ouellehe B.F. A John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
Biotechnology, J.E. Smith, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, (1988).
Bhojwani, S.S. and Razdan M.K. 1996. Plant Tissue Culture: Theory and Practice (Revised Edition), Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc., Boston.
Biochemical calculations by Irwin H. Segel (1985). John Wiley and Sons Ltd.
Biotechnology: Theory and Techniques, Volume II, J.G. Chirikjian (Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Boston), 1995.
Concepts of Genetics, W.S. Klug and R.A. Cummings (Prentice Hall, New Jersey), 6th Edn, 2000.
Discovering Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics (2002) A Malcolm Campbell and Laurie J. Heyer, published by Benjamin Cummings.
Gamborg O.L. and Philips G.C. 1996. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organic Culture, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi.
Glick B.R. and Pasternak J.J. 1998. Molecular Biotechnology: Principles and Applications of Recombinant DNA (Second Edition), ASM Press, Washington, D.C.
Introduction to Biotechnology, C.M. Brown, I. Campbell and F.G. Priest, Published by Panima Publishing Corporation (2002).
Oksaman-Caldentey K-M and Barz W.H. 2002. Plant Biotechnology and Transgenic Plants, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York.
Proteomics from protein sequence to function (2002) Pennington S.R. and Dunn M.J. BIOS Scientific Publishers Limited.
Molecular Biotechnology, Glick and Pasterneck, Panima Publishing Corp., New Delhi (1999) 2nd edition.
Protein: Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Gary Walsh (2002). John Wiley and sons, Ltd.
Practical Biochemistry: Principles and Techniques edited by Keith Wilson and John Walker (2000). Cambridge University Press.
Principles of Biochemistry, Albert L. Lehninger, Nelson D.L. and Cox M.M. (2000) W.H. Freeman.
Proteins: Structures and molecular properties by Thomas E. Creighton (1992). W.H. Freeman.
Gene and Chromosome Analysis, Adolph K.W. (Academic Press, New York), 1994.
Short Protocols in Molecular Biology, Ausubel F., Brent R., Kingston R.E., More D.D., Seidman J.G., Smith J.A. and Struhl K. (John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York), 1995.
The AGT Cytogenetics laboratory Manual by Barch M.J., Knutsen T., and Spurback J. (Lippincott-Roven Publishers, Philadelphia), 1997.
Molecular Cloning-A laboratory Manual, Sambrook J. and Russell D.W. (Cold Spring Harbour Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbour), 2001.
Theory and Problems of Genetics, W.D. Stansfield (McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York), 1988.
An Introduction to Genetic Analysis, A.J.F. Griffths, J.H. Miller, D.T. Suzuki, R.C. Lewontin and W.M. Gelbart (W.H. Freeman and Company, New York), 2002.
Genomes, T.A. Brown (John Wiley and Sons, Singapore), 1999.
Genes VII, B Lewin (Oxford University Press Inc., New York), 2000.
Molecular Biology of the Gene, J.D. Watson, N.H. Hopkins, J. W. Roberts, J.A. Steitz and A.M. Weiner (The Benjamin/ Cummings Publishing Company Inc., California), 1987.
Genetics: A Molecular Approach, T.A. Brown (Nelson Thrones Ltd, Cheltenham), 1998.
Genetics: An Analysis of Genes and Genomes, D.L. Hartal and E.W. Jones (Jones and Bartletit Publishers, Boston), 2001.
Cell and Molecular Biology: Concepts and Experimens, G. Karp (John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York), 2002.
Genetics: Analysis and Principles, R.J. Brooker (Addison Wesley Longamn Inc., New York), 1999.
Discover Biology, M.L. Cain, H. Ddmman, R.A. Lue and C.K. Yoon (Sinauer Associates, Inc. Sunderland, Massachusetts), 2000.
Principles of Genetics, E.J. Gardner, M.J. Simmons and D.P. Snustad (John Wiley and sons, Inc., New York), 1991.
An Introduction of Genetic Analysis, A.J.F. Griffiths, J.H. Miller, D.T. Suzuki, R.C. Lewontin and W.M. Gelbart (W.H. Freeman and Company, New York), 2000.
16th January 2011, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

plz tell about books for ocet m.sc entrance of biotechnology
26th January 2011, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Pls guide me how to prepare for CSIR NET/ GATE/ICMR.
pls mail me at [email protected]
16th February 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

am planning to prepare for csir-ugc/net-jrf in lifesciences..i am persuing my masters in Biochemistry..can you please suggest me the books that i can refer regarding my preparation
5th March 2011, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi...I am Pratima, preparing for CSIR NET, ICMR and JNU Ph.D entrance exams. Can anyone suggest me what all books I should refer. I also want to know the syllabus for JNU exam. Your help will be much appreciated.Thank you!
3rd June 2011, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

im doing my msc biochmestry i want to know about paper 1 and the new pattern
30th June 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

i want to appear in net exam in biotechnology. so plz give me the name of books for preparations.
8th July 2011, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

hii....i m doing m.sc in chemistry nd want to appear in CSIR UGC/NET JRF in chemistry ....so plz refer me books for preparations.
plz mail me at [email protected]
8th July 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

i want to know the name of biotechnology books for msc course with its writers name
17th September 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my masters in pharmacy(pharmaceutical chemistry) i am planning to prepare for csir-ugc/net-jrf in chemical sciences.can you please suggest me the books that i can refer regarding my preparation.
21st October 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

which is the best book for cell biology.
31st October 2011, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest me Ecology book for UGC exam..
16th November 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi
i have completed M.PHARM Biotechnology and preparing for CSIR UGC NET my subject came under Life sciences m little confused
30th March 2012, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have done my msc in biotechnology in 2011 and want to do integrated course i.e mphil/phd in biotechnology i just want to know that after enrolling in this will i be able to write csir jrf and if i get the fellowship can i continue my integrated course and as well work as jrf and get the fellowship given by csir
18th January 2013, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

hi can anyone suggest me the books having complete notes about the msc biotechnology preparation of csir net jrf /srf preparation . i m doing msc in biotechnology . plz suggest on my email as well . [email protected]
4th July 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Can any body suggest books for net/ugc in biotec.
21st October 2014, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

what are the books advisable to refer to prepare for Ecology and Evolution in GATE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?