16th January 2012, 12:40 AM
srajak

Can I get selected for IIM by CAT exam?

i am pursuing b.tech from IIT in 3rd yr. my cgpa is 7.0 till 5th sem. i am a sc candidate student. i have get 86.5% in 10th and 78.8% in 12th class. i want know that can i select for iim by cat exam if i will try for it. and what should do for that.

16th January 2012, 11:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get selected for IIM by CAT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srajak View Post
i am pursuing b.tech from IIT in 3rd yr. my cgpa is 7.0 till 5th sem. i am a sc candidate student. i have get 86.5% in 10th and 78.8% in 12th class. i want know that can i select for iim by cat exam if i will try for it. and what should do for that.
If your aim is to get admission in IIM's after completing your B.tech course, then for this you have to apply for the CAT Entrance Examination.

CAT stands for Common Admission test and this examination is Conducted by IIM's every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline with minimum 50% Marks from a recognized University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for CAT Examination.

This examination is Conducted every year and the Notification of this examination will be Published in the month of August every year and the examination is Conducted in the month of November/December.

CAT is a computer-based test and you have to give this test Online in respective Centers of CAT.

There will be two separately timed sections in the test.

>> Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
>> Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

The examination is Objective type and There will be 30 questions in each section.

You have to scored good Marks in all the section Individually, Only then you will be able to scored good percentile in the examination.

There is no age restrictions to apply for CAT Examination and The fee of CAT Examination Rs 1600. If you belong to the SC/ST category then you can pay a discounted fee of Rs 800.

You are required to purchase a CAT voucher at selected Axis Bank branches after declaring the Notification, You can also fill the CAT Application form Online.

The selection in IIM's are based on CAT examination scores followed by Group discussion and Personal Interview.

If you have scored good percentile in CAT Examination then you will be called by top Business schools to attend the Group discussion session and Personal Interview for Final selection.

So, please prepare well for the CAT examination and then apply for this examination after declaring the Notification and for more Information please check official website :

http://www.catiim.in
17th January 2012, 02:07 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can I get selected for IIM by CAT exam?

Quote:

Dear Aspirant

I am very happy to see that you have secured excellent percentage of marks in your 10th & 12th standard. And you also continued your excellency in your B.Tech course too.

Definitely, there is no doubt you will have shining future.

I am sure you crack CAT{Common Admission Test} exam if you have strong determination & desire about it.

CAT Exam Pattern:
--------------------

-> The best time to prepare for CAT is from 3rd year. Concentrate more on Mental ability, Verbal, Non- verbal & Reasoning portions.

-> Improve your English and Grammar..read English newspaper daily and read plenty of novels and watch English movies so that your vocabulary improves.

CAT SYLLABUS:- See Attachment .

Important Books for CAT preparation
---------------------------------------

Quote:
work hard honestly & you will be selected surely

Good Luck!!!

with Regards
4G Solutions
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT syllabus-CatIII-GroupAG.pdf(26.5 KB, 94 views)
17th January 2012, 02:19 AM
rkexam

Quote:
Hello dear,
You can only select for IIM on the basic of the marks in the examination of

CAT. to apply for CAT you can simply go to http://www.catiim.in/

To check your Eligibility click HERE

With Regard
RK
17th January 2012, 07:14 AM
THANIKONDA

Thumbs up Re: Can I get selected for IIM by CAT exam?

hiiiiii frnd,
CAT iim is entirly diffrent from your engg.. ,to get in this we have to maintain speed maths and english.
so deffintly you can get...all the best youngman
17th January 2012, 01:12 PM
mittal swati
Member+

ofcours you can select for IIM if you clear the exam of CAT..
CAT is a computr based test
it has two section
1. quantity ability and data interpretation
2. verbal ability and local resoning
the exaamination is a objective type
you can purchase the form from axis bank cost is 1600 and for sc/st candidate it will bw available in cheaper cost
17th January 2012, 02:34 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To get into IIM you have to crack the CAT exam.

Eligibility for CAT exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate must have secure 50% aggregate through out the graduation.

3.Candidate must not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

These are the eligibility you have to fulfill.
As you have secured 7.0 cgpa through out the B.tech course then you can apply for CAT exam.
Final year graduation candidates can also apply for CAT exam.

So, next year you can apply for CAT exam.
For that you just start your preparation wright now.

All the best.
17th January 2012, 05:19 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
The selection of candidates of IIM is done through the CAT examination.
So if you want to go for MBA from IIM then you should apply for the CAT examination.
The eligibility criteria for the CAT examination is that the candidate should has Bachelor's Degree with 50% marks in any stream from a recognized institute.
As your B.Tech marks are more than 50% so you will be eligible for the cat examination after B.Tech.

Best Wishes.....
15th April 2012, 08:56 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Yes, you get into IIM by CAT exam score.
>> Top four IIMs :
1. IIM, Ahmedabad
2. IIM, Calicut
3. IIM, Bangalore
4. IIM, Lucknow
>> Other Institutes :
1. IIM, Lucknow
2. IIM, Kozhikode
3. IIM, Indore
4. IIM, Shillong
5. IIM, Ranchi
6. IIM, Rohtak
7. IIM, Raipur
>> Test Duration and Pattern :
The CAT will have only two sections.
The first section is Quantitive Ability and Data Interpretation,
The second is Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.
* Hope the above data will help you.
20th May 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

can I get selected for IIM by CAT exam with 50% aggregate in BTECH
2nd July 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

i am bharat sharma,i get 84% in 10th nd 60% in 12th, i am doing btech nw in 4th year and want to knw can i attempt cat exam for iim during my b-tech 4th year if yes than suggest me for cat examination.....can i get selected for iim by cat exam
23rd November 2012, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech from GGSIPU.. I want to know can i apply for CAT examination during my 4th year? i have heard that minimum criteria is 50% in bachelor degree programm.. when i am in 8th semester , my result would not have been declared out by the time CAT form published.. so how can i be sure that my % will be 50? do plz explain me..
15th December 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

my percentage in cat is 99 and in bachelor degree is 50% marks but my performance in 10th and 12th is very worst i got 55%marks in 10th and 61%marks in 12th can i get admission in iima on the basis of cat percentile?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?