7th December 2010, 07:31 PM
Saikiran M

Procedure to apply for a Passport? Fee charges during application? How much waiting period for passport receipt? What is VISA and what are its uses?

Hi. This is saikiran.

I am 20 years old now. Can i apply for passport?
If yes, Can you please guide me about the whole procedure to apply?
What all are the charges applied during the complete procedure?
How long would it take to receive passport and what will be its validity?

Also tell me what is VISA actually and what is its use?

8th December 2010, 06:51 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for a Passport? Fee charges during application? How much waiting period for passport receipt? What is VISA and what are its uses?

hello saikiran

yeah definitely you can apply for the passport as the elgibility to apply for passport is just 18 years as of higher studies
Its best to approach consultancy for the whole procedure its an hectic task

it has many rules and regulation
you have to apply for passport
then you should attend for police clearance one police will come to your house he will give you a clean chit and the reciept will be given by the police authorities to the passport office directly
and the passport authorities will check for your residence and assets proof
and many more

for all these procedure it will take nearly 6 to 8 months

the validity of the passport will be for 10 years i think not exactly known something like that

hmmm and visa is nothing but if your going for ms in canada you have to get permission from the government of canada like a permission letter that is called as VISA these will again vary
if you're going for studies you will get study visa
if you're going for job you will get job visa
if you're going for just sight seeing then it is called visit visa

hope you got all the points except passport procedure i don't have much idea on that so provided less information regarding that..

all the best

~aditya~
22nd January 2011, 09:46 PM
benz

Default Re: Procedure to apply for a Passport? Fee charges during application? How much waiting period for passport receipt? What is VISA and what are its uses?

Dear friend

1.PASSPORT;-

You can get passport under generally two schemes.one is the general scheme in that you need to submit a demand draft of
Rs 1000 along with documents ,that you can read about from the site i will provide ad the end of my message.In general
scheme you will get your passport after police and cid verification and this may take 4 months to 9 months.You can
get the passport form from post office and may send it via post with the DD to the passport office as well.

second is the tatkal scheme it costs Rs 2500 and you may get the passport same day as well but that requires some
special documents.the verifications will take place later on.
2.VISA

After getting passport u require visa of the country you wish to go in.Visa is nothing but just a stamp on your
passport.For that you will have to consult the corresponding embassy of the country.
23rd April 2011, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Hai dude i'm mathesh doing B.sc.is passport was important for visa?and how?please give me some guide and reason.
29th April 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Is getting a visa a tough job even if u have got gud scores in SAT and Toefl?If yes,how turn the odds in my favour?pls help..
11th June 2011, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir This is G.senthilkumar from salem,i have complteted the degree of MCA.sir can i get passport within six months,if there any chance please guide me....and 9894352052 this my number if there any possible you can message to this number...
15th June 2011, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

please tell clearly how to apply passport and visa ? please help me
17th June 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

give all the necessary steps how to apply for a pass port
19th June 2011, 07:21 PM
sachin6

Ya you are applying for passport. You can go to passport office and get the application form. Fill them with relevant documents like ration card, voter id and so on. You pay rs1000 when submit your application. If you immediately get passport means you apply under takkal services. You pay rs1000 extra in addition to ordinary. After 3months you will get a passport under ordinary. If you apply under takkal means you get by 15days to 1month. Visa is a work permit paper .if you go to foreign means your visa is necessary. You get visa from your workingcompany
22nd June 2011, 01:35 AM
agrawal1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
give all the necessary steps how to apply for a pass port
hii

procedure to applying for a passport in India
To apply for the passport you have to do it on line. The web page address is as follows
http://www.passport.gov.in/

Here you will have all the details as to
Application forms
How to fill the form
Fees structure
How to apply, Check list
Where to apply, FAQ
Tatkaal Scheme
Affidavits, Passport Act / Rules
Online Registration

Once you are successful in applying, you will get a document no. and date for interview..On that day go to the passport office with all your documents, original as well as copies. Try to reach 15 minutes before the interview time.
Hope this will be useful.

good luck
22nd June 2011, 01:37 AM
agrawal1288

Quote:
Hai dude i'm mathesh doing B.sc.is passport was important for visa?and how?please give me some guide and reason.

hello

steps for passport application

step 1: got to www.passport.gov.in

step 2:select the option "online registration" from left tabs given ( a from will be opened)

step 3:select your nearest regional passport office

step 4:select the district you belongs to

step 5:fill all the details in the from as mentioned

step 6:select the appointment date

step 7rint the form

step 8:attach the documents

step 9: on the date of appointment go to passport office and finish the procedure

step 10: pay Rs 1000 if ordinary and Rs 2500 for tatkal

all the best
11th August 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

which name's i was take the DD
24th August 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

i want to go for chennai from bangalore on some date tell 6-oct-11 is there any document or passport required to travel within country in flight
1st April 2012, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

i don't have my birth certificate issued by the muncipal corporation. but for applying fresh passport the birth certificate is mandatory. what should i do now ?
14th October 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

how to apply the passport
17th January 2013, 09:21 PM
Saikiran M

Quote:
i don't have my birth certificate issued by the muncipal corporation. but for applying fresh passport the birth certificate is mandatory. what should i do now ?
Birth Certificate is a Mandatory document for the issue of Passport. You can freshly apply for Birth certificate at your local municipal office along with your birth report of hospital/maternity clinic.

Quote:
i want to go for chennai from bangalore on some date tell 6-oct-11 is there any document or passport required to travel within country in flight
You do not require any passport or travel document to travel across within india or in domestic(local) flights. A proof of identity is sufficient.

Quote:
how to apply the passport
The passport application process is currently made online. also, you can apply offline.
Passport application process is much easier now than ever before. you can apply it online and schedule your appointment at your local Passport Seva Kendra(PSK)

Step 1: Register yourself with passportindia.gov.in website

Enter your details and click register

Step 2: verify your Email & login at passportindia.gov.in,

then create your profile**(** You have to create you own file here) i.e., provide all your details again. fill very carefully and enter details as given in your supported documents (proofs, certificates, etc.,). This will take some time approximately 30 mins.

Step 3: Upload supporting documents and Create your appointment.

Step 4: Visit your PSK with all supporting documents & originals.

watch this official video @ Passport Seva Video for a clear cut idea.
The Whole process will take about 45 days.

All the Best!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?