21st February 2010, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligible to write the ISRO entrance exam after completing B.Tech in IT?

I am doing my B.tech 2nd year in IT.I am intrested in joining ISRO.can u please tell me whether I am eligible? If eligible what courses can I opt for in future.please give me complete details about the entrance exam for joining the ISRO.

Related Questions:
  1. How to opt for Job Opportunities being a candidate of MBA in HR and Marketing after B.Tech?
  2. How can I join ISRO after completing class 12th (Science)? Which entrance exam do I have to write?
  3. Am I eligible to join ISRO after completing class 12th with Bio Science? Which exam do I have to write and how can I prepare for the exam? -- [New]
  4. Need guidance to join ISRO and pursue career after graduation with B.Sc Physics.
  5. Can I apply for ISRO Entrance Exam after the completion of B.Tech in IT? What is the criteria for ISRO Entrance Exam?
  6. Am i eligible for ISRO entrance exam after writing 10th Public Entrance exam?
  7. Am I eligible for M.Sc course after completion of B.Tech? Which Entrance Exam should I give for this?
  8. Am I eligible to write the ISRO entrance exam if I am going to pursuing B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering?
  9. Can I be eligible for ISRO entrance exam after completing MSc in Organic Chemistry?
  10. What is the procedure to become a Scientist in ISRO after completing M.Sc in Chemistry?
  11. Am I eligible to join ISRO after completing M.Sc(IT)? Qualification required to join?
  12. Am i eligible to write ISRO exam? I have scored 55% in 12th
  13. What should I do after B.Tech to get job in ISRO? In which entrance exam to appear for the same?
  14. Is b.tech course conducted by isro? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to write CUSAT? I have passed my B.Tech entrance exam
  16. Are mechatronics engineers eligible to get jobs in ISRO?
  17. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?
  18. Am I eligible for BARC or ISRO after completing M.Sc in Physics?
23rd February 2010, 06:11 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligible to write the ISRO entrance exam after completing B.Tech in IT?

you are not eligible to write the exam right now,you can only do it after completion of your graduation,
there are many chances in isro so you will not have a situation were there will be lack of opportunity for you,its just that you have to be an graduate before writing the exam
all the best
23rd February 2010, 02:28 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligible to write the ISRO entrance exam after completing B.Tech in IT?

hey friend,
now you are in second year so you can not fill the isro form,
you will be only eligible after 7th semester,
so now prepare for you course very well,
and try to find good marks.
o k
best of luck.
23rd February 2010, 08:43 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

hi friend..
yes, you will be eligible for the exam once you pass out your Btech ..

just visit the link for better help::--

Welcome to Indian Space Research Organisation

thanks
good luck and all the best ...
25th February 2010, 09:46 AM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

BE/BTECH or equivalent in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65%(averagew of all semesters);
Age limit 35 years(40 years in case of SC/ST candiadates and 38 years in case of OBC candidates,ex-serviceman and persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt of India) .

you can visit

www.isro.gov.in

all the best
4th March 2010, 06:55 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

The age limit in ISRO exam is 35 years and 40 years in case of SC or ST candidate and 38 in case of OBC.........
4th March 2010, 10:32 PM
mathur

you will be eligible to write ISRO entrance exam in or after 7th semester. your aggregate of all semesters should be atleat 65%.
All The Best
5th March 2010, 07:56 PM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
you are not eligible for the exams right now as you are in the 2nd year but you can do so while appearing for your 4th year exams.
but you can start preparing from right now
if you have any more questions you will find the answers at :-
www.isro.gov.in
all the best
6th March 2010, 01:54 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

hey frnd..
at this time you can not give the exam.
because
for the isro exam
the minimum qualification is b.teck

o k
good luck
6th March 2010, 01:56 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

if you are completing your b.tech, then you are eligible for ISRO exams. if you are full fill this eligiblity then you are surely give ISRO exams-

Candidate must have done graduation from the recognized university to be eligible for this course........Candidate must have master’s degree from the in Library Science / Library and Information Science with at least 60 % aggregate from the recognized University to be eligible for this course.
27th April 2010, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

after completing B-TECH in ece, can we have entrance exam for isro entrance?
30th May 2010, 02:50 AM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
you can be eligible to take on ISRO exam after your B.Tech in IT .but you have to give the entrance exam conducted by IIST for it.you must have at least 65% in graduation.you must not have age less than 21 years. for more details
www.isro.gov.in
28th June 2010, 01:12 AM
sandy B

sorry friend,you are not eligiable for isro entrance test.
30th June 2010, 09:19 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

syllabus is of gate.
g.k publications and made easy has sample papers printed.
13th July 2010, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a b-tech first student. i am studying at rgukt-iiit, nuzvid.i want to become an aerospace engineer. is it possible after b-tech. if possible then what is the best branch for this in b-tech. please leave the reply.
23rd July 2010, 07:04 AM
Unregistered

can b-tech computer science join isro if yes what cader and through which examination
27th July 2010, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

are mech or cs candidates also eligible?
31st July 2010, 03:18 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

there have fiew post for IT holders in ISRO.

the ISRO mainly take ECE, mechanical and civil engineering holders.

so you can appear ISRO exam after your complition of BTech course.

all the best.....
24th August 2010, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus of the isro exam for it stream???
27th August 2010, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

hello,
i have done engineering with cs branch
m i eligible for the test to join isro?
plz give me some guidence.
whether i do masters??
25th November 2010, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

I am a B.Tech final year student having IT Dept.I want to know about the syllabus for isro's exam.?
30th November 2010, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR,IAM A STUDENT OF RGUIIIT ,BASAR IN ANDRA PRADESH.I WANT TO BECOME A SCIENTIST IN SPACE RESEARCH .SO, WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS NEEDS TO DO THAT RESEARCH.
30th November 2010, 10:45 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my B.tech 2nd year in IT.I am intrested in joining ISRO.can u please tell me whether I am eligible? If eligible what courses can I opt for in future.please give me complete details about the entrance exam for joining the ISRO.
you are only eligible after 7th semester,
so now prepare for you course very well,most of the questions are asked from ur subjects...
and try to get good marks.
all the best.........
9th February 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

I am a mca final year student . Am I elegible for the isro exam?
17th February 2011, 01:44 PM
thamilselvam

how i to write an exam conducted by isro , when i'm studing B.Tech in IT?
19th February 2011, 01:25 AM
ashok64554

now you are in second year so you can not fill the isro form,
you will be only eligible after 7th semester,
so now prepare for you course very well,
and try to find good marks above 70 then u r eligible .
10th March 2011, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science branch with an aggregate of 83%.
Is there any chance of me getting into ISRO?If so please tell me the procedure for the same.

Regards
Sandhya
11th March 2011, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

sir when the eligibility list will be displayed?
12th March 2011, 09:47 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Eligibility for Isro Exam 2011:

Education Qualification:
•BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2010-11 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2011

Age Limit:
•35 years as on 28-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).

For more details visit: www.isro.co.in
20th March 2011, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

i m b-tech student in 2nd year ,civil branch.am i eligiblefor isro exam
10th April 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

i'm a btech 2nd yr student [ME].i just want to know about the entrance exam which i hav to give after completing my b tech.
and also the diffrent ways to get into isro.
please...
27th April 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Well sir,I am a student of b.tech in mechanical enng. branch and about to appear my 2nd semister exam.. I have read that I will be eligible to write the ISRO exam after completing my b.tech but only doubt that I am carrying with me is I had secured very less percentage in 2(49%) but have a great intrest in Space.. Can you sugesst me any prepration element that I can full fill my dreams if I am eligible.. Thanking you in advance..
Jeigyansu Kumar Sarangi..
30th May 2011, 11:07 AM
Deb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After compliting your B-tech IT you will be eligible to write the entrance exams to joine ISRO.

You can visit the offical website of the ISRO to know more about this.

http://www.isro.gov.in
15th July 2011, 01:07 AM
shekhar.379

Hi dear,

if you are completing your b.tech, then you are eligible for ISRO exams. if you are full fill this eligiblity then you are surely give ISRO exams-

Candidate must have done graduation from the recognized university to be eligible for this course........Candidate must have master’s degree from the in Library Science / Library and Information Science with at least 60 % aggregate from the recognized University to be eligible for this course.
Thanks
8th September 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

i am a B.E. final year (ECE) student.I want to join ISRO . Am i eligible for any post in ISRO ?What are the exams should i appear for that?
29th November 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Can a Btech. Agril. Enggneer student can join ISRO ?
23rd January 2012, 04:37 PM
drurv

f you are completing your b.tech, then you are eligible for ISRO exams. if you are full fill this eligiblity then you are surely give ISRO exams-

Candidate must have done graduation from the recognized university to be eligible for this course.

Candidate must have master’s degree from the in Library Science / Library and Information Science with at least 60 % aggregate from the recognized University to be eligible for this course
24th January 2012, 12:01 AM
ashwak8

You are eligible for the exam after completion of your b.tech only

generally , the eligibility criteria is as follows

1. The person mustbe a citizen of india
2. The person's age is a major factor
the age of the person mustbe below 30 years
there will be a relaxation of 3 to 5 years for sc, st , bc person
3. The person must had completed b.tech
18th May 2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

hello I'm doing my B.Tech in EEE i would like to know if am i eligible for this exam and i would also like to know what nature of job would i get if i get qualified?
18th May 2012, 02:59 PM
cometsparks

hello
I'm doing my B.Tech in EEE I would like to know if am I eligible to write this exam and I would also like to know what would be the exact nature of job once I get qualified in this exam?
18th May 2012, 03:00 PM
cometsparks

hello
I'm doing my B.Tech in EEE I would like to know if am I eligible to write this exam and I would also like to know what would be the exact nature of job once I get qualified in this exam?
19th June 2013, 01:41 PM
Sandeepvalaboju

Question Re: Eligible to write the ISRO entrance exam after completing B.Tech in IT?

Criteria for Eligibility

The candidate interested to apply for this entrance examination must have the following qualification to be declared eligible:

a)MBA in Material Management or Marketing with 1 year post-qualification experience in relevant field in supervisory capacity

b)Graduation with 3 years of relevant experience (1 year as supervisor) with PG Diploma in Material Management

c)Post-Graduation with 3 years of relevant experience (1 year at least as supervisor)

d)Graduation with 5 years of relevant experience (At least 2 years as supervisor)

Age Criteria

The applicants must not have crossed the max age of 35 years as on 5th of November 2012 to be eligible to apply. However, relaxation in upper age will be applicable to specific category of candidates as per rules.
3rd August 2013, 01:02 PM
shivam2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometsparks View Post
hello
Hi,

You have to get at least 70% in your B.Tech. to become eligible for ISRO examination.

The notification is release in the month of february and the examination is conducted in the month of April.

The examination process consists of a written test followed by a technical interview.

More details at: www.isro.gov.in

Job depends upon which centre you join and also in which group you are posted but they are mostly technical in nature and related to your subjects in B.Tech.

All the best.
Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?