23rd January 2012, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

Difference between Distance Learning and Regular Learning?

what is the difference between distance learning and regular learning

Related Questions:
  1. What are the scope of doing MBA through distance learning? Is it different from the regular course?
  2. Difference between distance learning LLM and regular course? How to join a college in lecturer post?
  3. Is there in difference in value of doing B.SC IT from regular and distance learning?
  4. What is the fee structure of MBA course through distance learning? Is there any difference between correspondence and distance learning?
  5. Difference between distance learning and regular learning?
  6. Difference between Distance Learning and Regular Learning?
  7. Is it possible to get admission into MBA with 42.5%? Best institute for MBA in Distance Learning?
  8. Is distance learning M.Tech same as regular M.Tech? Which university in India provides distance learning M.Tech? Career opportunities in government sector?
  9. Is it possible to do M.Tech through distance learning? Do I need a GATE score for that? Universities providing the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to apply for B.Tech(ME) in IGNOU if completed diploma in Plastic Technology from CIPET?
  11. What to do after completion of M.Com course?
  12. Is distance learning MBA useful? Is there any difference between regular and distance?
  13. What is the fees of MBA(HR) distance learning in Amity University?
  14. How can I go for Psychology studies? I am doing MBA in 1st semester
  15. Can I do graduation after 2 year gap completing 12th? -- [New]
  16. Difference between regular convocation certificate and certificate of distance learning
  17. Should I do masters in Law by distance learning or regular? I have scored 48% in graduation
  18. What are the career opportunities in government sector?
23rd January 2012, 12:47 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between Distance Learning and Regular Learning?

Distance Learning is where you don't need to attend the classes on a daily basis. But instead you have to attend for the classes only on Sundays.

With in that one day in a week, you will be imparted subject knowledge. So, due to this, you may or may not understand the subject.

You have to prepare yourself of the respective syllabus for various subjects which are under your chosen course and have to get through final examinations. So, self motivation, dedication, self feed back is very much essential for the candidate to finish a particular course through Distance Learning.

In contrast to this, in case of Regular Learning, the candidate has to attempt for the classes on a daily basis in the where he has joined to pursue a particular course.

Due to this kind of learning, there are number of benefits for the candidates.
-Can clarify any doubt as there is direct interaction with the Lecturers
-chance to participate in various activities with other classmates like
-Group Discussions
-Mock Interviews
-JAM
-Market Makers
-Quiz
-Seminars etc.

As there is direct interaction for the candidate with other classmates, he can discuss various points with his friends and they too can share their ideas. So, Collective work is being generated and good subject knowledge is being attained to the candidate.

You did not mention the course which you want to join.

Its always better to join any course in Regular Learning than Distance Learning. But for job holders and for the persons who are engaged with other important activities, it is not possible to pursue the course in regular learning.

For them, Distance Learning is the right choice.
23rd January 2012, 02:02 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Distance Learning can be defined as studying or completing degree without going to college for daily basis. This kind of learning will cost less. You will get degree from some recognized universities like IGNOU, TNOU etc. Universities will be sending books and hall tickets for you through post or some times you will be having classes for monthly once in some centres available for this. This kind of getting degree will be useful for people who have joined the jobs and have no time to go to college but want to get a degree. The disadvantage in this is that you won't have any teachers to clear your doubt and some big companies will not accept employees from Distance learning graduates.

Regular Learning can be defined as studying or completing degree by going to college daily. This kind of learning costs more as you have spend for your college fees more. Universities will be sending books and hall tickets through colleges you are studying. Getting degree by regular learning will help you more in getting jobs in big companies through campus interviews or through off campus interviews also your college's fame will support you. The disadvantage in this type of learning is that you need to spend time and money more for learning until you finish your graduation. Until that time you will have no time to earn money but you need to spend money for college.

Thus i hope i had clearly explained you about the difference between distance and regular learning.
19th May 2012, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

what are the best universities for distance m.tech???
23rd June 2012, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

WHICH IS THE BEST DISTANCE MBA UNIVERSITY IN INDIA
11th July 2012, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Is a degree of m.a from distance learning eligible for s.s.c or c.s.c?
12th July 2012, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

tell me the difference between regular or distance mood p.g degree for govt job
23rd July 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.Sc. from PTU Distance Education attending 3 hrs classes daily in my institute. Now for immigration purpose will it be considered as regular or correcpondent ?
26th August 2012, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

I completed BE in mechanical, Right now I am 30 and 2years of exp in quality. I want go through MBA in operation, is right choice for me?
26th August 2012, 10:13 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

Difference between Distance Learning and Regular Learning-

In regular degree, you need to attend the class daily or five days in a week. you are provided there a proper class and college where u interact with several students and many teachers per day.

while in distance education, you have not to attend the class daily..mostly, one or two classes r provided in a week or in 15 days..generally, the teacher in distance education is just like a guid, u can't be dependent on their teaching and study materials..all things is done by students..they attaend classes jsut to fullfill the attendance criteria for appearing in the exam.

Best of luck
10th October 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

If anyone does mtech through distance education,can he teach in colleges as lecturers or professors?
15th November 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLETED BA IN DISTANCE MODE. CAN I ENTER MBA WITH REGULAR ?
19th January 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

i completed b.com in regular mood. now i admitted for m.com under nsou. can i get value for m.com?
30th April 2013, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

is it important to study through distance learning
1st May 2013, 12:29 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

The difference is not in the course but in the preparation, and its acceptability in the present corporate houses. Normally, any company be it private, public or government seeks candidates or rather give more importance to the one who have completed his/her course from a regular college/institute over distance course.

In distance learning you prepare for the examination from your home and in regular learning, you go to a college/institute and attend regular classes conducted by the board.

If you do a course from a regular college and not from distance learning than your chances get brighter for the respective field you want to get in.
24th July 2013, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

I have done my b.ed this year now I am planning to do my post graduation in m.com. I am really confused should i go for regular or distance course for getting good Govt job in junior college,the percentage achieved will affect my job. So please suggest me proper solution.
25th August 2013, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

Who is the valuable Certificate Between Distance Learning Center and Regular studies's Certificate.?
19th September 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I completed B.E civil Eng & having 2 yrs experience in Highway construction in Planning dept. Further I want to do NICMAR - PGP IDM Distance programme is it advisble/correct If i do so........ suggest me pls.
25th September 2013, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Hello, I am pursuing Chartered Accountancy course.As per their rules regular degree should not be done during article ship training (a part of CA course).Will the companies accept it ?
19th July 2014, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

I am going to do b.com in distance . It create any problem for my future job . Is any other defect for the system? My plan is to took mba from regular . Is it possible?
29th August 2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

i want to do masters in history in distence course .is their any difference between regular and distence course?if i do m.a in distence will it creat any problem to my future studies?
6th September 2014, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

i have done my MCA from Punjab Techincal University from Distance Learning Centre of PTU. We were having the classes of 2hrs daily there. Now please tell me this course
will come under which category regular of Distance course
18th December 2014, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

i have finished my b.e.mechanical enginnerring in regular.now i want to do mba hr in distance learning.is it fine or not to get a teaching job or a good job?
16th January 2015, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi All,

I have done my B-tech in Distance, Shall i go USA Or else other country's.

Regards,
Ranjith . P
19th May 2015, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Hi

I have more than 18 year experience in material department I am B. com graduate , and I am completed my D.M.E ( Three year diploma in Mechanical Engineer online exam)through Distance learning , and I am finding better job but I am not getting it because of Distance learning can anybody suggest Why ?????....

Regards
Ashok. H
17th June 2015, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

i have done my UG in B.A.psychology at bangalore university regular basis and can i do MBA in HR....by distances education,why there is less value for studying in distances education.....
3rd July 2015, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

I have done my 12TH from cbse board my question is that i will do my bcom from regular or distance which is best for any type of job
3rd July 2015, 12:47 PM
shitalpagaree

I want to do MBA distance learning in India. Can you tell me about best university for distance learning ? Help me.
4th July 2015, 04:15 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Diff. Between Regular & Distance Education.

Dear this is a good question you must know that there are two mode of learning first is Regular Education and Second is the Distance Education.

In the Regular Education you need to attend class regularly but in the Distance education you need not to attend the class regularly and the college/University will provide you to all study material and after study you need to attend the examination. In the today age the Regular study is the more valid from the Distance education.

Now, I advise you to go for the regular study and work hard to achieve your success. I think it will be helpful. Wish you all the best for your ahead career.
23rd March 2016, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Difference between Distance Learning and Regular Learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the difference between distance learning and regular learning
preference wl alway give to the candidate who have talent skill rather than looking whether they have distance degree or regular degree, there are colleges who are inculcating best knowledge skill in student but giving distance degree.

Every firm prefer candidates who have knowledge practical training in their field cz that will help firm to grow , candidates degree will not help firm in anyway.

Keep this in mind to choose reputed college who will inculcate practical skill rather than just considering college who is giving regular degree without any knowledge
6th September 2016, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Which top 10 universities are best for distance msc course in zoology?
16th April 2017, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

I have to done my matrix by distance education my be its very helpful way to done your certificate & degree who haven't time to attend class and money problem also
Who have some Borden & responsibility there house income
But want to done something while doing job its the best way to make Brit future
8th July 2017, 03:48 AM
Unregistered

I have done my BCA from Punjab Techincal University from Distance Learning Centre of PTU. We were having the classes of 3hrs daily there. Now please tell me this course
will come under which category regular of Distance course
23rd August 2017, 07:30 AM
Unregistered

I have done BA and MA both from IGNOU , NOW am I eligible to take teaching job at wb higher SECONDARY school ?
16th November 2017, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Is the syllabus for FYBA same for Distance and regular programs of Mumbai University?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?