9th December 2010, 07:46 PM
chetz kalra

Procedure to register for IAS exam? How much time is required to complete the course?

I am chetan kalra .
I am looking forward to do IAS exam but i am unable to get details about it as various people are giving me different answers
Please do let me know the procedure to register and the time to complete the course. I am doing my final year B.COM in Chennai
Awaiting your reply

10th December 2010, 04:23 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to register for IAS exam? How much time is required to complete the course?

hello chetan

i appreciate for your interest to get into civil services

and all you have to do to write civil services exam is that as u know

already the notification for the exam has been released in the last month

now you have to purchase in any one of the nodal centres or any post offices which will sell the application forms

you have to fill the application form and send it to upsc delhi

about exam

the exam is of three stages where you have to cross every stage then only you can get any service like ias ifs ips irs iss etc...

so the three stages are

first

csat(civil service aptitude test) which is recently displaced with prelims

second

after clearing above one you have to clear the mains which are the main exams

third

after clearing the above exams you'll be called for interview you have to clear this also

for all these process it will take 14 to 16 months

if you fail in any stage you have to attempt from the first

all the best

~aditya~
18th January 2011, 11:48 AM
kengkora

Default Re: Procedure to register for IAS exam? How much time is required to complete the course?

Its good, first of all my best wishes to you.. Ias preparation need lots and lots of hard work, first you choose the subject best you know. That is very much important, give important to every topic. Start preparing now itself plan your time for both pre and mains. Visit www.civilserviceindia.com and www.upsc.gov.in for detail syllabus and exam dates.
22nd May 2011, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for IAS exam after 12th commerce
1st June 2011, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

i have done 12th from distance, it will be valid for upsc exam?
25th October 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Good Evening,
Plz tell me About complete Process of IAS, I have completed MBA this year so plz tell me procedure of IAS after MBA

Gourav Kamra
26th October 2011, 01:57 AM
MAGICBRICS

dear friend,

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

No.Of Attemptes:

General Candidates - 4 Attempts

OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts

SC/ST Candidates - No Limits.

If the above eligibility criteria match with above you can register yourself at:www.iasexams.com/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS.pdf(233.1 KB, 551 views)
26th January 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

what would be the overall fees of IAS course ?
18th July 2012, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Namaste g
I am pursuing B.com ( H ) from Delhi University. Now I am thinking that I should do IAS but I have'nt enough information about the IAS. Please Sir tell me right thing for about the IAS. And What is the qualification for become an IAS Officer. I shall be thankful for this.
2nd October 2012, 06:18 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to register for IAS exam? How much time is required to complete the course?

Dear aspirant,
You need to go to the following website:
www.upsconline.nic.in

In this website you will find two links.
Part 1 registration
part 2 refistration.

Once you finish the part 1 registration then you wil get a registration no. for you.

Then it will be used for the 2nd part registration to login.
You have to use registration no. and date of birth to login and then fill the part 2 registration form. Here you need to upload your recent passport photograph and a signature.

Then submit the form.
It will show "successfully submitted".

The preparation time required for this exam is around minimum 1 year.
Because you need to study general studies and at the same time you have to prepare for the 2 optional subjects.

So the preparation time is required to prepare these subjects in a expert level.

You should have a grip on each general studies topic.

You should keep an eye on all the policies of the government.
So, it is a hard nut to crack.
You should read The Hindu newspapers for the most important issues and its detailed knowledge in order to have your own opinion.

The time required to finish the syllabus is dependent on you.

General Studies Manual -McGraw Hill Publication
Arihant Publication
Upkar Publication
UPSC Portal books
Pratiyogita Darpan study material , Civil Services Chronicle, Competition wizard for articles on important issues.
Most common optional:
Public administration
1.Fadia and Fadia
2. Laxmikant from McGraw Hill Publication
3.UPSC Portal study material

Believe you can and you will on the half way.
Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
16th February 2013, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I'm student of B.B.A. can i apply for IAS --Bhupendra yadav
25th February 2013, 09:10 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetz kalra View Post
I am chetan kalra .
I am looking forward to do IAS exam but i am unable to get details about it as various people are giving me different answers
Please do let me know the procedure to register and the time to complete the course. I am doing my final year B.COM in Chennai
Awaiting your reply
The IAS is the exam which is conducted by the upsc every year and the exam is taken in 3 phases :

* Prelims
*Mains
*Interview

And for information about the exam you can visit the www.upsconline.nic.in
and www.upsc.gov.in

And this exam needs just preparation for appro. one year and then you can directly apply for the exam.
8th December 2013, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
my self jayesh nair,pursuing bachelor's degree in commerce,third year.
sir i wanted to know the total fees required for the entrance as well as the fees required at various stages of the course
eagerly awaiting ur reply
thank u
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?