11th December 2010, 01:13 PM
DEEPAK A NAIR

I am interested in the field of research in space science and technology : Which is the right course for me?

Sir, my name is Deepak A Nair
I am a +2 student. My favorite subjects are Mathematics and Physics.
I am very much like to work in the field of Research in space science and technology.
please help me to select the right course.

12th December 2010, 12:36 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: I am interested in the field of research in space science and technology : Which is the right course for me?

Its great that you are well aware of your strengths. Since you are interested in Space science and technology, I guess you are talking about Aeronautical or Avionics course.

Yeah there are few entrance exams in india which are conducted to select students for the following courses

In 2010 ISAT exam was born. The exam is conducted for 156 seats at all india level. There are different courses you can join related to space science once you clear the ISAT exam.

The exam is conducted in April month every year. So keep an eye on the notifications

Next important exam is IIT JEE and AIEEE. These two exams are conducted for selection of students to different engineering courses. But since we are talking about space science then you must go for Aeronautical engineering. The course is found in many college acros india.

If you want to get into this course either you can answer IIT JEE or AIEEE. Both are good but IIT is the best
12th December 2010, 12:41 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Default Re: I am interested in the field of research in space science and technology : Which is the right course for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEPAK A NAIR View Post
I am very much like to work in the field of Research in space science and technology.
Dear friend,
you can go for phd after your graduation and master degree...
12th December 2010, 07:06 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)Aerospace Engineering is very good now a days, now a days percentage is increased in student studying this subject,

*IIT

*AIEEE

*State CET

*This are the college is very good in Aeronautical

*MIT

*Hinidustan Engieering college

*Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai 400076 (Maharashtra) - http://www.aero.iitb.ac.in/home/ - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
IIT, Kharagpur 721302 (WB) - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
*Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai 600036 (Tamil Nadu) - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
*Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai 600044 (Tamil Nadu) - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
*Hindustan Inst of Engineering Technology, 40 GST Road, P.O.Box No.1306, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai 600016 (Tamil Nadu)
*Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi - http://www.delhiflyingclub.org/ - Full time Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course of 4 years duration duly approved by DGCA
*Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh 160011
I*IT, Kanpur 208016 - http://www.iitk.ac.in/aero/
Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna Airport, Patna 800014 (Bihar) Approved by *Airworthiness Authority of India - Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Institute of Aviation Technology, 1265, Sector 6, Bahadurgarh, Haryana 124507
*VSM INSTITUTE OF AEROSPACE ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY, C.A. No.15/1-A, 13th A Main, Sector 'A' Yelahanka New Town Bangalore 560 064 - http://www.agragami.in - REGIONAL TRAINING CENTRE for Aerospace Engineering for IGNOU and B.Tech. degree program in Aeronautical Engineering via AeSI
*Hindustan Electronics Academy, 61, Cambridge Road, P.B.No.806, Ulsoor, Bangalore 560008 (Karnataka) - http://www.hindustanacademy.com/ - Four year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering Degree course recognized by IGNOU and 3 year Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course approved by DGCA
*Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering IIAE, C-66, SECTOR-2, KESHAR SINGH MARG, DEFENCE COLONY, DEHRADUN-248001, UTTARAKHAND - http://www.iiaedehradun.org - BTEC HND Aerospace Engineering In Partnership & International Affiliation with City of Bristol College United Kingdom.

this are the very good at Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering, if you do higher studies you can go in Research field, Best of luck
12th December 2010, 02:38 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello friend

its very good to read that you're very interested in space research

there's lot scope in research and development in this field

and my suggestion is you join in avionics which is very good course for the young aspirants like you

this has intake through various competitive exams like IIT JEE and AIEEE

select your best path buddy

all the best

~aditya~
13th December 2010, 08:36 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

you can opt for job in ISRO and do all the research there about ur space and science
12th February 2011, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Hai Frnd You must prepare 4 ISAT xam....U hav 2 concentrate on Physics mainly chemistry and mathematics............if u vl sincerely work hard
u vl definitly get a seat in ISAT.......I vish u all the best
8th March 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

wat subjects shud i go for in 12th
10th March 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

are girls permitted in studying in avionics and aerospace engineering.
what is the use of studying these courses?
11th April 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is Manish Sharma
I am a 2 student. My favorite subject is life science and i am a national champion in Yoga competetion.
but i m confused.
I am very much like to work in the field of Research in space science .
26th April 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can i do space research after doing BSC in physics?
30th April 2011, 03:39 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

hi friend,
Its great that you are well aware of your strengths. Since you are interested in Space science and technology, I guess you are talking about Aeronautical or Avionics course.

Yeah there are few entrance exams in india which are conducted to select students for the following courses

In 2010 ISAT exam was born. The exam is conducted for 156 seats at all india level. There are different courses you can join related to space science once you clear the ISAT exam.

The exam is conducted in April month every year. So keep an eye on the notifications

Next important exam is IIT JEE and AIEEE. These two exams are conducted for selection of students to different engineering courses. But since we are talking about space science then you must go for Aeronautical engineering. The course is found in many college acros india.

If you want to get into this course either you can answer IIT JEE or AIEEE. Both are good but IIT is the best
thank you
30th April 2011, 03:41 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

hi friend,

thank you
13th May 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

hello sir.i have recently completed my 12th science.i got 67%merit.i have deep interest in space.i want to study where i can learn about stars & galaxies etc.so which course is perfect for me?is there any perfect institution in gujarat about this study?plz guide me.thank u.
14th May 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

to have a company i need to know how many girls are there in iit madras in aerospace engg
21st May 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

what is use to mankind and country development by opting aerospace engineering ?
28th May 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, now i have given ssc exam. I have deep intrest in space. I want to become a scientist in the field of astronomy. So, what should i do now. Please guide me. Is research a good career option? Please tell me the path towards the field of astronomy. Thank you.
28th May 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

sir please provide me some names of jobs other than doctors,as i have selected medical stream.
5th June 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

sir,im passed in 12th n i have do career in space reasearch through bsc n msc so, please suggest me the best way
12th June 2011, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

sir I have completed my B.Tech 1st Yr. from civil branch but I m interested to go in field of Space & Research... Is it possible now?
19th August 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir, I have completed my 10th and then my Diploma in EEE(sw) and then B.E. CSE but from my diploma i am interested in space research and still i am inn... but i need a way to proceed further. Now i need to do a research or project on some space related issues so that i can do my M.s with that and then i can go to some space agency for being a researcher completely... Does this way is correct
30th October 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

can anyone tell me the details of isat exam and is any reservation provided in it for st candidates
9th November 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

hello sir.i have completed my 12th this year with science.i got 68%.i have deep interest in universe.i want to study about universe etc.so which course is perfect for me?tell me any perfect institution about this?plz guide me.thank u
21st November 2011, 07:24 AM
Unregistered

Is there any scope to be nuclear scientist after 2
6th November 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

sir i am a class 10th student intrested in astrophysics and space engineering and research .i love to make things. what are the best options for me (i don't want to get in iit's) please help .thank u in advance
id-([email protected])
19th May 2014, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am a Class XI student. Among the various courses available today in Science, I find my interest lying at Space Science. How should I go ahead to pursue a career at Space Science? Which colleges or universities will provide me the necessary courses?
15th November 2016, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEPAK A NAIR View Post
If you are interested in space science then go for it and search the various opportunities which are available in space science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?