27th January 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I give CAT Exam after completion of 12th class?

can we give exam of cat after 12
i am very much interested to appear for this exam.

28th January 2012, 03:12 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I give CAT Exam after completion of 12th class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible after passing the 12th class.

Eligibility for C.A.T exam:-
> Pass graduation with 50% marks with any stream from recognized university.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 45%.
> No age limit
> No restriction in number of attempts

For admissions in top college you have to qualify the exam like:-
> C.A.T
> M.A.T
> X.A.T
> G.M.A.T
etc

TOP M.B.A COLLEGE IN INDIA:-

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)

Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)

Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)

XLRI - Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur

ISB - Indian School of Business, Hyderabad

FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi

Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM K - Calicut)

GOOD LUCK!
28th January 2012, 03:31 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Commen Aptitude Test(CAT)

No, you are not eligible for CAT exam after 12th.

For sit in this exam you will have to complete Graduate degree with 50% marks.

Relaxation for SC/ST/DA is of 45% marks.

Final year of graduation student also may appear for CAT exam.

These are some B-school which conduct the CAT exam- XIMB,IMT,FORE school of manegement,TAPMI.
28th January 2012, 07:24 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

It is very good that you are interested to appear India's best entrance test
which is conducted for admission in MBA/PGDM course in IIMs and many other
good B-schools.

The course MBA/PGDM is a master degree course and minimum qualification required
for this course is Graduation.

Therefore, you are not eligible for this exam presently but you can appear this
entrance exam after completion of Graduation (or in final year of Graduation).

There is no restriction as per specialization of Graduation.

Graduation (with 50% marks) in any stream is applicable for CAT.

As it is the top entrance exam you should start preparing from now on so that
you can get the best possible B-school through the entrance exam.
28th January 2012, 08:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that after 12th standard you are not applicable for CAT exam because the minimum qualification for CAT exam is Graduate.

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.This exam is conduct once time in a year.

This year exam date is already over so you can try for next year..

You can apply here maximum times because there is no limitation to attempts for CAT exam.

The BEST MBA college in India:-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management Lucknow

Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode

Indian Institute of Management Indore

XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur

IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad

FMS – Faculty of Management Studies

NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies
28th January 2012, 08:37 AM
agna

NO, you must complete a Bachelor's degree before you are eligible for CAT.
28th January 2012, 08:58 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
CAT is the entrance exam conducted for admission into the masters degree in business administration. Through this score you can apply for IIM and top B Schools in India.
You are not eligible for applying for the exam. There are certain eligibility requirement. Being a masters degree exam you need to have completed bachelor degree from a recognised university. There is no restriction on the number of years of the course and the discipline you have chosen. But you must have secured a minimum percentage of 50% in your degree course. There is no restriction on the number of attempts or the age.
You can also apply in the final year of your degree course too. Having completed 2 you need to apply for the bachelor degree more preferably a three year course. So that you could save a year of study. Other than CAT the various exam for masters degree in business administration are MAT, TANCET etc.
28th January 2012, 10:04 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CAT- COMMON ADMISSION TEST is an entrance examination conducted by Indian Institute of Management for admission to MBA course in IIMs.

MBA-MASTER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is a post graduation course and can be pursed after graduation in any stream.

Those who has either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed is eligible to apply for CAT.

As you are in 12th now so after completion of 12th you can not appear for CAT. Hence wait till you complete your graduation degree course and if you are really interested for MBA then preparation for CAT should be started from now onwards as this exam is very tough and competitive one.
28th January 2012, 11:46 AM
INDERPREET KAUR JOHAL

cat is a exam which is given to take admission in MBA. so it will be given after completion of graduation.
28th January 2012, 12:04 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

No,You can not give CAT exam after 12th class
Because For CAT exam Criteria is:-

*Candidate pass graduation

*Secure minimum 50% mark

*Age- 21 to above no upper age limits....

Best CAT colleges are:-

28th January 2012, 12:21 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
No , you can not apply for CAT exam after +2 these exam is for doing MBA which is a degree course it is dawn after graduation..

The details for your future..........

CAT exam details information............

Good luck.........
28th January 2012, 01:04 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No, You can't give CAT exam after completion of your 12th class Because CAT is a common Admission Test that is required as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs, IITs, FMS and IISc.So one can appear in it only after HIS graduation.However you can start its preparation If you are interested in the Management Courses.

There are 2 sections from which the questions is to be asked-

(a) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
(b) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

As these are used in the other entrance Exams too so better to start it from now.
28th January 2012, 01:23 PM
J Treza

Hello friend,
It is very good that your ambition is to crack common admission test exam...But you have to know that it is one of the most toughest exams in India for the master degree....to appear in this exam you must have to qualify any bachelor degree course with minimum percentage of 50%...and for ST SC and DA minimum 45% is required.....So it is not possible to do master degree after 12th...all the best for your bright future...
29th January 2012, 01:03 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes you can do your CA without B.com. But its always good to do B.com .A candidate who has passed the 10th can appear for the CPT entrance examination of CA. But these students can write CPT only after passing 10+2 exam or after appearing for the same. Thus it is not compulsory for a candidate to do a graduate course to get qualified for CA. But one thing that is to be noted is that by doing a degree course such as B. Com etc is a goog thing because most of the topics covered in B Com is related to CA and it will help a lot when you do CA course as you may more fundamental knowledge. One other important thing is that, CA is a professional course, but when it come to the stage of doing any higher studies or when it come to the stage of job etc, it is very much required for a person to be a graduate, because in most of the cases the basic qualification is considered to get a degree from an affiliated university.
31st January 2012, 04:29 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

CAT is conducted by the IIM's. This is considered as an eligibility criteria for many top institutes across the country. This exam is held once a year normally in November 3rd or 4th Sunday. Now the candidates have the option to appear for the exam online too. The exam pattern for this is similar to the other exams. You need to be prepared in verbal and numerical ability and also logical reasoning and data interpretation. The forms will be available around August month. You will need to go to the designated bank and make the payment of Rs 1400/-. The bank shall give you a voucher.
31st January 2012, 09:29 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

hello friend,

Every year IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) organised the CAT(Common Admission Test) examination. According to the CAT score the candidates are admitted in the management colleges.

Here I have provided some books name from where you can study and for this you have to buy the hard copy from market.The books are :

1. Analytical & Logical Reasoning
2. Quantative Aptitude by R.S.Agarwall
3. Verbal ability for CAT by Sujit Kumar

The eligibility criteria for CAT is given below ::-

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Age :

A candidate must not be more than 20 years.

2.Educational Qualification :

The candidate must have 50% marks in 10th and 12th standard.

So you are not eligible.

good luck.
31st January 2012, 09:32 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

hello friend,

Every year IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) organised the CAT(Common Admission Test) examination. According to the CAT score the candidates are admitted in the management colleges.

Here I have provided some books name from where you can study and for this you have to buy the hard copy from market.The books are :

1. Analytical & Logical Reasoning
2. Quantative Aptitude by R.S.Agarwall
3. Verbal ability for CAT by Sujit Kumar

The eligibility criteria for CAT is given below ::-

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Age :

A candidate must not be more than 20 years.

2.Educational Qualification :

The candidate must have 50% marks in 10th and 12th standard.

So you are not eligible.

good luck.
20th May 2013, 01:02 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

hi

CAT is entrance exam for getting into top MBA colleges of India
MBA is a post graduation program.

Any post graduation program requires graduation program as basic condition.

So, you cant appear after 12th for CAT entrance exam.
You need to have your graduation from UGC recognised university/college with good marks (minimum 50%)

All the best
20th May 2013, 01:18 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I give CAT Exam after completion of 12th class?

hi

CAT is entrance exam for getting into top MBA colleges of India
MBA is a post graduation program.

Any post graduation program requires graduation program as basic condition.

So, you cant appear after 12th for CAT entrance exam.
You need to have your graduation from UGC recognised university/college with good marks (minimum 50%)

All the best
21st May 2013, 04:47 PM
s m samy
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I give CAT Exam after completion of 12th class?

Dear Friend,

You cannot go for CAT after 12th.

CAT is an entrance exam for MBA.

It requires minimum graduation from recognized university.

So, you will have to complete the graduation first then go for CAT.

The admission will based on CAT exam result.

Thank You!!!!
26th May 2013, 05:40 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Unfortunately you are not eligible to give the CAT Exam now as the MBA aspirants and whoever is interested in giving CAT needs to be a graduate minimum. Therefore, my suggestion to you would be to first get a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice as the subject at graduation level is of little importance here and side by side prepare for the CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and it is the most toughest exam to crack to do MBA. Its an all-India Test and its conducted by the IIM's. When it comes to MBA they are the best in the business. You can almost consider CAT as the first step to admission in the IIM's.

Though apart from the IIM's with CAT scores you can easily apply in the other top most B-Schools in India as well. Since IIM is an autonomous institution therefore CAT Scores wont be accepted by any other university.

As mentioned earlier you need to be a graduate first to sit for this examination as MBA is a post graduate course. In addition to that you also need to maintain 50% of marks at graduation level or equivalent CGPS if you are a general category candidate.

In case of the reserved category candidates there is some relaxation. In case of scheduled tribe or scheduled caste the percentage to acquire is 45% of marks. The rule is the same if someone is a differently-abled candidate.

If you are a final year student about to sit for the final year exam or awaiting the final result then also you can sit for this exam. Usually the exams takes place in the month of November and in the month of January the results comes out.

Written examination, group discussion and interview session are the three rounds to clear in order to get finally selected. All the three rounds are equally important so you should try and give your best in each round.

As far as the written paper is concerned you need to give stress on the following areas: Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Problem Solving and Data Interpretation. The whole paper needs to be completed in two and a half hours' time and be very cautious when answering each of them because for each wrong answer 1/3rd marks gets deducted from the original score.

Hope this helps :-> :->
26th May 2013, 07:57 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Common Admission Test is conducted for post graduation courses. Therefore you can not appear for this exam after 12th standard. You will have to complete graduation before applying for it.

The Common Admission Test is conducted to get admission in Master of Business Administration course. It is the most popular entrance exam for MBA. If you aspire to do MBA, here is what you will have to do.

Firstly you need to do graduation. Unless you complete graduation, there is no way to appear for post graduation. You can choose any graduation course. It could be BA, BCA, B.Com or perhaps Bachelor of Business Administration, since the goal is MBA.

You should also decide about stream in which you want to do MBA. There are various options.

Economics

Finance

Marketing

Human Resources

IT

Retail Management

Banking etc.

After completing graduation you will have to apply for the Common Admission Test. But ensure you are eligible for it. You will have to complete graduation with no less than 50 percent marks to become eligible for Common Admission Test.

The SC/ST candidate has to secure 45 percent marks in graduation to appear for CAT.

The exam is conducted in October. It will be difficult to crack CAT since there is going to be tough competition. CAT is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management. Every MBA aspirant wants to complete the course from IIMs, since these are the best colleges for MBA in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?