30th January 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Can i join MBA course after my BA graduation? Which branch of MBA is better in terms of job prospective?

Actually My first question is I'm a student of B.A. Final Year. I thought that I want to do MBA. So, I want to know that if I join MBA course then can I success in this course. My Higher Secondary Result was 65%. And After My B.A. Part 1 and Part 2 result 55%. So can it posseble for me? And second question is, If I join any kind of MBA institute, then can I get a Good Placement or a Good Job. Actually I really confuse beyond this two question. Please Solve My Problem.

1st March 2012, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can i join MBA course after my BA graduation? Which branch of MBA is better in terms of job prospective?

i have done BA now i want to do MBA.but in dont know that in which field of MBA.Can you please help me
1st July 2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can i join MBA course after my BA graduation? Which branch of MBA is better in terms of job prospective?

I am doing b.a my subjects are economics, psychology, and english..so i want to knw that can i do mba after b.a?
23rd July 2012, 02:53 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing b.a my subjects are economics, psychology, and english..so i want to knw that can i do mba after b.a?
Yes definitely your eligible for MBA Course after Completing BA Course . To get admisison for MBA Course in reputed College then you should score Minimum 60% Percentage of marks in your bachelor degree . So, If your score good percentage of marks in Bachelor degree then derfinitely you may get admission for MBA Course .

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration . It's and Master degree Course and the Duration of the Course is for three years and the Course is divided into four semester .

MBA Course Specialization :-

-MBA in Power Management
-MBA in Petroleum and Energy Management
-MBA in Agribusiness Management
-MBA in Environmental Management
-MBA in Finance and Accounting
-MBA in Entrepreneurship
-MBA in Information Technology Management
-MBA in Logistics Management
-MBA in Retail Management
-MBA in Engineering
-MBA in Media
-MBA in Hospital Management
-MBA in Investment Management
-MBA in Finance and Accounting
-MBA in Aviation Management

Eligibility Criteria for MBA Course is differ From College to College . To apply for this MBA Course then you should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University . You should score more then 60% Percentage of marks in your bachelor degreee .

You should also qualified in Entrance Examination like Management Aptitude Test / Common Admission Test / Graduate Management Aptitude Test Etc..

To Apply for this Entrance Examination you should Complete Bachelor degree and Score Minimum 50% Percentage of marks from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Some Institution may also Condcut Own Entrance Examination within the College the Institution like, S P Jain Institute of Management Entrance Examination , Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Examination Etc...

The Admission for MBA Course is based on the Entrance Examination Performance . So, If you score good percentage of marks in Entrance Examination then you may get admissission for MBA Course .

MBA Entrance Examination Pattern :-
  • Quantitative Aptitude Test
  • Data Interpretation Test
  • Reading Comprehension
  • Logical Reasoning
  • Verbal Ability

To crack the MBA Entrance Examination , Please refer this books ,

Books for MBA Entrance Examination :-

So, If your score good percentage of marks in Bachelor degree then definitely ,you may get admission for MBA Course .
6th August 2012, 08:21 PM
ligeepatric

Hi Friend,
You can join MBA after your BA graduation. As you have mentioned your subjects as Economics, Psychology and English each subjects which you have studied will definitely help you in MBA.

First I will give you the specializations (branches) in MBA.
These are the general specializations:
1.Marketing
2.Finance
3.Human Resources
4.IT
5.Banking

You can select among these three specializations:
•Marketing
•Human Resources
•Banking

because your UG subjects will be helpful in these branches.

Marketing: This specialization generally deals with economics (demand & supply of products). Psychology helps in dealing with the customer and co-workers.

Job roles: Marketing Executive, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Head of Marketing Department.

Human Resources: HR deals with different kind of people and their behavior.
As you have psychology as one of the subject you can easily come up in this field.

Job roles: Team Leader, Recruiter, HR Executive, HR Manager

Banking: In this field it deals with both the subject’s economics and psychology.
To analyze the banking function and dealing with customers.

Job roles:Management Trainee, Customer Relationship officer, Manager, Loan Consultant, Credit Officer, Sales support.

Communication plays a vital role for a Management Students. As English is one of your subjects ,you will be strong enough to handle
•Hiring
•Training
•Team Building
•Employee Relations

Finance and IT doesn’t suits because in Finance it deals mostly with Accounts and IT with Computer Science.

You have many other fields in MBA like Accounting, Hotel Management, Hospital Administration & Health Care Management, General business management, International business, Operations management, Retail management.

The above said Marketing, HR and Banking fields can easily matches your UG stream.
6th August 2012, 09:06 PM
ligeepatric

Hi Friend,
You can join MBA after your BA graduation. As you have mentioned your subjects as Economics, Psychology and English each subjects which you have studied will definitely help you in MBA.

First I will give you the specializations (branches) in MBA.
These are the general specializations:
1.Marketing
2.Finance
3.Human Resources
4.IT
5.Banking

You can select among these three specializations:
•Marketing
•Human Resources
•Banking

because your UG subjects will be helpful in these branches.

Marketing: This specialization generally deals with economics (demand & supply of products). Psychology helps in dealing with the customer and co-workers.

Job roles: Marketing Executive, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Head of Marketing Department.

Human Resources: HR deals with different kind of people and their behavior.
As you have psychology as one of the subject you can easily come up in this field.

Job roles: Team Leader, Recruiter, HR Executive, HR Manager

Banking: In this field it deals with both the subject’s economics and psychology.
To analyze the banking function and dealing with customers.

Job roles:Management Trainee, Customer Relationship officer, Manager, Loan Consultant, Credit Officer, Sales support.

Communication plays a vital role for a Management Students. As English is one of your subjects ,you will be strong enough to handle
•Hiring
•Training
•Team Building
•Employee Relations

Finance and IT doesn’t suits because in Finance it deals mostly with Accounts and IT with Computer Science.

You have many other fields in MBA like Accounting, Hotel Management, Hospital Administration & Health Care Management, General business management, International business, Operations management, Retail management.

The above said Marketing, HR and Banking fields can easily matches your UG stream.
15th September 2012, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am BA 2nd year general student, english, history and polictical science are my subjects under CU. My question is can i join MBA after passout with this subjects?
Also, i have 61% marks in H.S. in arts.
28th September 2012, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

i m a student doing B.A. honours, i want to know which marks is considerable, either honours marks or aggregate marks for taking addmision in mba college??
23rd December 2012, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

I am a student doing B.A honours. My subject are Education, political, english. So can i join MBA? Which branch i have studied in defintly hlp me nd i will get a good placement
29th January 2013, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

i am b.a student and after my b.a. i want mba course..can i elligble for that.
10th May 2013, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, i am BA 2nd year general student, english, history and polictical science are my subjects under CU. My question is can i join MBA after passout with this subjects?
Also, i have 61% marks in H.S. in arts.
i m passed b.a final bt my subject home science ,political and hindi ..so what can i start mba
8th June 2013, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

IAM DOING BAllb and iwant to do MBA should i give the test of gmat? I CAN DO IT OR NOT
27th June 2013, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

i hv compltd ma graduation from eng hons n other subsidiary subjects were history n linguistics...which branch of mba should i go for?
11th July 2013, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

hi. i m ba (english literature) final year student studying in distance education at annamalai university. i hv scored 86% in my 10th matric. instead of 2 i completed foundation programme in the year 2010 with 59%. after my ug programme, i wish to join in regular college. so in which field i can go in terms of job prospective?
11th July 2013, 03:42 AM
Unregistered

hi i m ba (english literatute) final year student studying in distance education at annamalai university. scored 86% in my 10th matric exam. instead of 12th, i hav completed foundation course in distance edu with 59%. i wish to study my pg in regular college. so which in field i can go with in terms of job prospective???
19th July 2013, 01:39 PM
Beawar

Dear..

Yes.. Why Can't

Yes of course you can do MBA after your BA. MBA is a post graduation course that can be done after your graduation. Let me tell you everything about the course of MBA. First of all lets talk about the eligibility criteria :-

Eligibility :-

1. Education :- First and the most important criteria to do MBA is that a candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university. As MBA is a post graduate course and hence a degree or a Bachelor course is a must

2. Age limit :- There is no age limit for the course. Even working professionals can also join MBA at any age to add some value in their management skills as well as to improve the worth of their resume

3. Subject :- There is no subject bar also and candidate can complete the course irrespective of the graduation subject

4. Percentage :- Minimum percentage required is 50% where as there is a relaxation to those candidate who belong to a reserved category. The relaxation is of 5% marks in the percentage of graduation

Entrance exams are :-

CAT :- CAT is a MBA entrance exam which is conducted by Indian institute of Managements. It is a exam conducted once in a year for admission in the premiere management institute of India. The exam is objective type and you will see there are 5 major sections such as English, Maths, GK, Reasoning and mental ability.

MAT :- Conducted by AIMA

NMAT :- Narsee monjee entrance exam

SNAP :- Symbiosis college entrance exam

Based on your question and after looking at the job perspective the best specialization for you will be :-

Finance
Marketing
HR
IB
IT
Operations
Rural Marketing
Agri business

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
28th July 2013, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am an mba student 2nd semester , i am confused to select my optional subjects... i do my degree in ba english... i am confused to choose my optional subjects in mba...
1) finance
2) hr
3) operations... pls help me
30th July 2013, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.A. in History.
I wish to do MBA in regular, to enter into IT industry.
Iam confused to select an option in MBA.
Please help me
4th August 2013, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Sir which subjects I choose in ba so that I can do mba in future.
8th August 2013, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

I want to do Mba, i have complete my B.a. the subject is double english,education and history..please tell me which branch is best for me.
8th August 2013, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

i have complete my graduation this year and my marks criteria is 54% and i got 65% in final year my subjects are pol science,hindi,english, and history so wat should i do for mba HR markiting...
22nd August 2013, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

can i join MBA course after my BA history? which course will be suitable for me, i have scored 40% in history, english 70%?
23rd August 2013, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam, i've completed BA history with 47% in history,60% in english & 52%tamil. now i like to know, am i eligible to study MBA, if so which course is suitable for me to study through distance education being a house wife? please guide me.
10th September 2013, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

I m Prabhjot singh , i cleared my B.a with political science, sociology and Mangement subjects,
so pls tel me which branch of M.B.A is best for me ?
14th October 2013, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

After completing ba english which mba course is best to choose?
17th October 2013, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sire,

Can i join MIT MBA external course after my BA graduation? without any entrance exam pls suggest ...

[email protected] plz plz sire our suggestion my id.
26th December 2013, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

I have done my B.A. graduation now I want to do M.B.A. and I have done my graduation from political science, public administration and sociology in my graduation so which suobject will suit me in M.B.A. please somebody help me...........
25th February 2014, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to do MBA after doing mt BA prog. General subjects so what minimum qualification I have to do for this course and which course I have to join , can you suggest me , what can I do , I totally confused now ?
4th March 2014, 06:36 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Yes. You are eligible to join MBA course after completion of BA course.

Here is the complete eligibility criteria required to join this course.

One should have to complete Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC or ST category.

There is no upper age limit to join this course. One can join this course at any age.

There are state level Entrance Exams like
ICET
TANCET

and national wide Entrance Exams like
CAT
MAT
GMAT etc,
to join MBA course.

You can join MBA course in any of the following modes
Full time MBA course
Distance MBA course
Executive MBA course etc.

One should be good enough in subject knowledge and communication skills to grab the job opportunities after completion of MBA course.

The following specializations will be good choice for you in MBA course.

MBA in Finance
MBA in Accounting
MBA in Risk Management
MBA in Entrepreneurship Management
MBA in Marketing Management

Whatever the stream that you opt for, make most out of it.

MBA candidates will easily get job opportunities.

Wish you all the best.
9th March 2014, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Will not having economics in my graduations prohibit me from pursuing mba?
10th March 2014, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Assalam o Alakium I hv done FSC with 76% and after that BA with History and political science I want to do MBA in HR is it possible for me to do it nw or should I do B.com or BBA first
10th April 2014, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

I am doing ba with..hindi..history..political science....after this I want to do pgdca..after pgdca can I do mba??which field is better for me....
7th May 2014, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Can i do mba after ba . My subjects in ba are english,hindi,political science and home science .
3rd June 2014, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

hi, I have one question i finish my b.a degree in subject English,economics, and sociology. but i want to take mba degree . can you tell me which branch is better for me.
18th June 2014, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i have done my B.A ( economics, political science & modern language), I got qualified in I-cet exam, ranking 66,000. so i want to do my MBA and iam so confused to choose the right field. Please suggest me, what are the courses offered in MBA and what to take depending on my degree. Please reply.......
29th June 2014, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I am 21/male/delhi from an upper middle class family. I have done b.a in history honours with 51% . I have interest in international business but my subjects since 11th class did not include mathematics, as I was humanities student, therefore I feel that am I taking a risk to get into MBA field??? Please give suggestions. Being a boy I want to get into business. Do suggest me good institutes for MBA (private institutes would be preferred as I have one exam pending to b cleared in November) so accordingly tell me institutes which are good and will take my admission. Please help as soon as possible. I have less time to apply
4th July 2014, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Can i join MBA after BA(HONS) history graduation? Is it possible and if not please suggest another job oriented course after graduation.
5th August 2014, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

I am student of B.A.3rd year student I have subjects maths economics enlish can I get M.B.A.degree from ansal college Gurgaon
22nd September 2014, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I am student of ba. my subjects are english literature, political science and history. Sir i want to do MBA sir what are the processe for applying and which course will be better for me.
25th October 2014, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

I am science graduate with pcm and I want to do MBA but I m confused which stream should I choose. pls tell me I m waiting thanking you.............
20th April 2015, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

M in ba 2nd year. My subjects are sociology, public administration & English. In first year I scored 64%. What should I do in MBA after my graduation????? Plz suggest....
17th May 2015, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

I have graduated in BA can I do hotel management now? Or its not possibl? Please help asap
31st May 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

I did 12 arts, BA English with psychology and MPM. II'm maths not good. I want to give GMAT.GMAT.MY English is good snd so am j good at public speaking. will I get through and what scope is there for me after I do MBA?
2nd June 2015, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I have completed my class XII examination from I.S.C board and got 56 percent in my best of 4 subjects... And now I'm planning to study English Honours for my forthcoming graduation level...... Sir please help me by giving some informations regarding MBA and whether can I do MBA or not if I merely study English Honours in my graduation level...... Sir I would be highly obliged if u kindly provide me informations regarding this matter.................
18th June 2015, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation BA in following subjects
sociology, geography, political science, Marathi,English with 50.26%. so bit a confused for which field of MBA I should obt for plz tellll.....
11th July 2015, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i would respectfully wnt to knw is mba degree gud for those who don ve mch knowledge about mathe..i wnt to tak up mba n my percemtage is 62 in graduation final year exm bt i m weak in mathe .suggest m plz cn i tak up mba with dis political science backgroud.
13th July 2015, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

As I m doing b.a honours 1st year in pshycology and in that I have subjects economics and political science so can i do m.b.a after the graduation if yes then which field of m.b.a will be perfect for me I have got 86.20% in 12th board and getting education in bhu .....plz reply soon as I m very tensed about it and nobody around me touched to that field
24th July 2015, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir could you please guide me in knowing in that I m presently doing BA - economics , psychology ,sociology. I want to do honours in physcology and also want to keep an Mba option with me . so can you please tell me the amount of pressure I would have to keep on myself or I should take some other subject inspite of economics .
25th July 2015, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

I am student of B.A. my subjects are Public Administration, Political Science and Sociology. Sir i want to do MBA sir what are the processe for applying and which course will be better for me.
30th July 2015, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

I am BA psychology student. Can I join MBA after my graduation? Wich branch of MBA is better in terms of job prospective?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?