13th December 2010, 10:31 PM
vivekmoti1

How to get a Government Job after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering?

Hello sir,
I am student of B.Tech 2nd year and my branch is computer science & engg.
I have keen desire for government job ?

Related Questions:
  1. Jobs in Indian Railway after completing B.Tech with 55% in Computer Science and Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to get a job in Indian Railways after completing B.Tech computer science with 55%?
  3. How do I get a government job in future after completing diploma computer science and engineering?
  4. How to get a Government Job after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering?
  5. How to get a government job after completing M.E in Computer Science and Engineering? Any entrance exams for government job?
  6. Is there any scope of getting a government job after completing diploma in computer science and engineering?
  7. How to get a government job after doing computer science and engineering?
  8. Can I get a government job after scoring 80% in Computer Science and Engineering?
  9. Can I get government job after completing B.Tech computer science and engineering?
  10. How to get a government job after completing B.E Computer Science(60% Orthopaedically Handicapped)?
  11. What to do after completing B.Sc computer science to get a good government job? -- [New]
  12. How can I get a government job after B.E in computer science engineering
  13. Government Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?
  14. How can I apply for central government job after completing B.E computer science engineering?
  15. After passing B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering with 2nd class marks how to get government job?
  16. What should I study next after diploma in computer?
  17. Can I get admission in B.Tech civil engineering after completing diploma in computer science engineering in government college
  18. How to go for M.Tech in computer science and engineering after completing B.Tech with 78% marks

14th December 2010, 12:03 AM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: How to get a Government Job after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering?

Hello dear

As you have completed your B tech than there are lots of exam which will lead you directly to the a grade post in government sector prepare for mentioned exams

ISRO
DRDO
HAL
BAL
BEL
GAIL
SAIL
NIC

all these exam are technical and completely based on your stream subjects so start your preparation

all the best

14th December 2010, 12:24 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to get a Government Job after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering?

hi!

If you have keen desire for government job then you can appear in the exams conducted by UPSC like:
IES
CSE

For details visit the official website of UPSC: www.upsc.gov.in

You can also appear for state PSC exams or apply for jobs in bank , government organisations & PSUs.

You can begin your career as junior programmers and grow at a very fast pace to become Systems analysts and project leaders etc. Since the course is also designed towards the research side you can go for higher studies.

14th December 2010, 01:18 AM
mishra245

Default Re: How to get a Government Job after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering?

Dear sir please tell me the jobs for cs branch in govt. sector.

14th December 2010, 01:54 AM
Swaminathan077

Smile Re: How to get a Government Job after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering?

DEAR,

computer science engineering field doesn't have much scope in govt. sector why you really want to go there.................though private sector is really a boon for you people.

some PSU companies may require you people for this keep an eye on the newspaper

good day

14th December 2010, 05:26 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Basically to get in to a Government job you need to be on the lookout for advertisements in the newspaper. But you will have to wait until you complete your 3rd year. Also you can visit the websites of these companies.

14th December 2010, 05:48 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Sorry, friend. you had choosen wrong branch, as government jobs are very limited for Computer Science engineers. you should have taken branches like-Mechanical, electrical, electronic and communication e.t.c because these trades offer a lots of gov. job. computer science is generally meant for private jobs. but if you are interested only in gov. jobs, then you can go through various exams conducted by UPSC .one of such exam is SSC. you can also apply for S.B.I P.O exam and some post in BSNL. you are in 2nd year, so focus on your studies and try to get atleast 60% in your b.tech. good luck

14th December 2010, 10:04 AM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
There is least job in gov sec for computer science.you could visit freshersworld.com detail is given inside website about job

14th December 2010, 01:04 PM
Biome

Dear friend ,
For CS there are not so many companies to apply in PSU.But every year companies like BSNL, NIC and CIL etc. offering job but they have very limited requirement, so competition is very high for CS students.So prepare well with your basics and you will definitely get the government job

All the best.

14th December 2010, 03:20 PM
coolcanishant

u should place ur resume on different govt job related sites after ur completion of 3rd year..

14th December 2010, 04:33 PM
lavanyaratala

you can apply for software jobs in bsnl,railways and also can apply for bank jobs

14th December 2010, 05:03 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

for government job you need to prepare for all the entrance exams...

ISRO, EIL, SET... like are many tests that gives us a chance to get into government sector..

so if you are very much interested in government sector, start preparing for all these exams and sure you can get into.....

all the best...........

24th January 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Is there any government job for software testing specially in railways? If yes, then please provide the details (how to get the job, list of companies etc.)

19th March 2011, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

sir,this is my 3rd yr in compsc (btech).plz suggest me , is it better for me to look into govt sector ??plz give me the right way,iam in dilema.

5th April 2011, 01:01 PM
sureshcbe
Member+

There are many oppurtunities for CSe graduates. But it is lesser when compared to other department graduates.

I list some
ISRO
DRDO
C-DAC
BSNL JTO,
management trainee in SAIL
management trainee in vizag steel
Graduate trainee in most PSU's
BANK technical officer,
rrb,
forensic.
technical officer in army,navy air force.

Visit regularly the following websites, prepare well.

http://www.psuindia.in/psu-jobs
http://www.freshersworld.com/jobs
http://www.bankexamsindia.com

And read employmentnews regularly

14th April 2011, 03:22 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Sorry, friend. you had choosen wrong branch, as government jobs are very limited for Computer Science engineers. you should have taken branches like-Mechanical, electrical, electronic and communication e.t.c because these trades offer a lots of gov. job. computer science is generally meant for private jobs. but if you are interested only in gov. jobs, then you can go through various exams conducted by UPSC .one of such exam is SSC. you can also apply for S.B.I P.O exam and some post in BSNL. you are in 2nd year, so focus on your studies and try to get atleast 60% in your b.tech.

15th April 2011, 12:17 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

yes a computer science engineer can also join Indian railway under signal section..and there are lots of other opportunity for computer science branch similar to other electrical branches in all government jobs like
government jobs available for B.E ECE students are

1. BSNL(bharat sanchar nigam limited)
    click here http://www.mp.bsnl.co.in/ to get more information and notification mostly come in the month of feb and exam will be held in april/may.
  2. ISRO(Indian space research organisation)

There is no form for applying ISRO you need to go to isro website and fill your form but before that you need to make a D.D of 100/- and then you need to apply to website..then you need to note down your application form no and take print of the

generated form and sent to the ISRO address.
  3. DRDO(Defense research and development organisation)
  4. ECIL(Electronic cooperation of india limited)
  5. AAI(Airport authority of India)
  6. SAIL(Steel authority of india)
  7. RRB(Railway recruitment board)
  8. UPSC(Union Public Service Commission )
    click here www.upsc.gov.in to get more information and exams will be conducted on 12th June. and last date of applying for the same is 21at March...
  9. CDS(Combined defense service)

15th April 2011, 12:50 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Friend. you had choosen wrong branch, as government jobs are very limited for Computer Science engineers. you should have taken branches like-Mechanical, electrical, electronic and communication e.t.c because these trades offer a lots of gov. job. computer science is generally meant for private jobs. but if you are interested only in gov. jobs, then you can go through various exams conducted by UPSC .one of such exam is SSC. you can also apply for S.B.I P.O exam and some post in BSNL. you are in 2nd year, so focus on your studies and try to get atleast 60% in your b.tech. good luck
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

15th April 2011, 06:32 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

oh! Sorry, friend. you had choosen wrong branch, as government jobs are very limited for Computer Science engineers. you should have taken branches like-Mechanical, electrical, electronic and communication e.t.c because these trades offer a lots of gov. job. computer science is generally meant for private jobs. but if you are interested only in gov. jobs, then you can go through various exams conducted by UPSC .one of such exam is SSC. you can also apply for S.B.I P.O exam and some post in BSNL. you are in 2nd year, so focus on your studies and try to get atleast 60% in your b.tech. good luck

15th April 2011, 08:13 AM
Taurus007

hii

to get a Government Job after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
As you have completed your B tech than there are lots of exam which will lead you directly to the a grade post in government sector prepare for mentioned exams
ISRO
DRDO
HAL
BAL
BEL
GAIL
SAIL
NIC
all these exam are technical and completely based on your stream subjects so start your preparation
yes a computer science engineer can also join Indian railway under signal section..and there are lots of other opportunity for computer science branch similar to other electrical branches in all government jobs like
government jobs available for B.E ECE students

good luck

15th April 2011, 12:24 PM
Deb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekmoti1 View Post
Hello sir,
Govermment jobs are very limited after compliting your computer science engineering.

You can appear in the exams IES,CSE, which is conducted by UPSC.
To get mor detalse you can visite the offical website
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

you can also apperd SSC,PSC,or apply for Bank PO.

15th April 2011, 01:44 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

there are a number of the govt jobs for the B.tech in the computer science engineering students
like they can get into the various public sectors like
sail
isro
bhel
drdo
aai
ecil
and many more

and many mncs like that of the tcs,wipro , infosys etc

each govt sector conducts its entrance exam one needs to qualify that exam to get into that govt firm....

so best of luck

15th April 2011, 01:55 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

there are a number of the govt jobs for the B.tech in the computer science engineering students
like they can get into the various public sectors like
sail
isro
bhel
drdo
aai
ecil
and many more

and many mncs like that of the tcs,wipro , infosys etc

each govt sector conducts its entrance exam one needs to qualify that exam to get into that govt firm....

so best of luck

15th April 2011, 04:32 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Hi,
If you have keen desire for government job then you can appear in the exams conducted by UPSC like:
IES
CSE
For details visit the official website of UPSC: www.upsc.gov.in
You can also appear for state PSC exams or apply for jobs in bank , government organisations & PSUs.
You can begin your career as junior programmers and grow at a very fast pace to become Systems analysts and project leaders etc. Since the course is also designed towards the research side you can go for higher studies.

Thanks.

15th April 2011, 07:10 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can apply for the given below govt jobs

1.Rail.

2.Bank PO.

3.BARC.

4.DRDO.

5.ONGC.

6.BHEL.

7.ISRO.

etc.

all the best..........

24th May 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of b.tech (computer science)3rd year and i am afraid of not getting job after completing b.tech because so many people said that there are no jobs in computer science department

ankur

2nd August 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

How to get a Government Job after completing M.E in Computer Science and Engineering?Currently doing M.E.,no experience.Any entrance exams for Gov.job.

2nd August 2011, 11:16 PM
Sehwag6

Ya you are eligible for goverment jobs. Eligibility for government exam:- finished your graduation in any disciplind from any university and then apply public service commission exams. Age limit is 21 to 30years. You have 4 attempts in psu exams. You get many good and high posts in government through these exams. Best of luck

13th August 2011, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i m b.tech 3rd year student of comp. sc. and i want to get jobs in bank sector plz suggest me the proper way to get the job in bank like IT officer

18th August 2011, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

iam final year computer science enginerring student, iam weak in technical skill ,i am not interested in programming,so tell me any suggestion what i should do

29th August 2011, 04:23 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekmoti1 View Post
Hello sir,
You have so many options for your future.There are so many options for a computer engineer in public sector.There is so much requirment in govt sector as well as private sector.You can get a job after graduation.There are so many vacancies are present in every department of goverment.You can get a job in govt. sector by giving an entrance exam of related field.
There are so many fields which give opportunities for govt. jobs.

Sales tax department
Income tax deparnment
Bank
Navy-miltry
Indian railway.

Do wok hard for entrance paper.You will get success.

All the best

28th October 2011, 10:55 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

Sorry, friend. you had choosen wrong branch, as government jobs are very limited for Computer Science engineers. you should have taken branches like-Mechanical, electrical, electronic and communication e.t.c because these trades offer a lots of gov. job. computer science is generally meant for private jobs. but if you are interested only in gov. jobs, then you can go through various exams conducted by UPSC .one of such exam is SSC. you can also apply for S.B.I P.O exam and some post in BSNL. you are in 2nd year, so focus on your studies and try to get atleast 60% in your b.tech. good luck

5th January 2013, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

i am a handicapped(90%). i had completed Diploma and b.tech (computer science). now i want to government job.

15th February 2014, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

my name:D.Devi
native place:vellore
hello sir
i am handicapped(75%). i had completed diploma. now i am studying in B.E computer science and engineering 3rd year
so after studying, i want to government job. pls help me.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?