15th December 2010, 07:24 PM

How to apply for IAS exam after completing B.E in EEE? How to prepare for IAS exam?

I am studying BE.EEE 3 rd year,
I am interested to apply for IAS and some of civil services exams.
how to apply for that? and how to prepare us for such exams?
in what way we have to prepare?

16th December 2010, 12:36 PM
Sk.Subhani

Default Re: How to apply for IAS exam after completing B.E in EEE? How to prepare for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Better you join coaching institutes like RC Reddy IAS coaching institute-Hyderabad for IAS and other public commission services exams after completion of your B.Tech course.

If you don't want to join any such institutes then study books like:

Current Events and Analysis,

Public Administration by Laxmikanth-TMH Publications,

Tribal India by Nadeem Hasnain-Palaka Prakashan Publications(Delhi),

Indian Anthroplogy by Nadeem Hasnain-Palaka Prakashan Publications(Delhi),

Indian Social System by Ram Ahuja-Rawat Publications etc.

Also keep yourself updated with the things going around the world. Read News paper daily.

First step is that you should qualify in prelims ant then you have mains. After that there will be personal interview for it.
16th December 2010, 02:38 PM
ndpiparava

Default Re: How to apply for IAS exam after completing B.E in EEE? How to prepare for IAS exam?

just fell up the form of upsc exam...and u can apply for aps exam...just go on foloowin link and u can get everythin that u want....

http://www.upscportal.com/civilservices/forum/How-to-fill-up-the-application-form
16th December 2010, 04:32 PM
canitesh

Smile Re: How to apply for IAS exam after completing B.E in EEE? How to prepare for IAS exam?

Dear,
After Completion of BE. it would be better for you to go for the Engineering Service conducted by UPSC.
The Exam will be based on three stage
1. PT ( based on aptitude test )
Subject will be reasoning, English, Math, General Awareness etc.
2. Manes ( based on your own paper )
3. Personal Interview.
16th December 2010, 07:57 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conduct CIVILSERVICE exam for top service like IAS,IPS,IFS and for other government jobs.Even

this onwards the pattern of exam also changed as it doesnot have any special subject and the paper

will be same for all the candidates.

AND new pattern which you need to be prepare is

It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
Current events.
History
Geography
Indian Polity and governance
Economic and social development
and General science.

(Paper II) (200 marks)
Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy(Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
17th December 2010, 10:26 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

You can apply for it in the final year too.
For IAS you need to apply for the Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC each year. The notification will be published in the Employment Newspaper in February.
you have to clear 2 written and then interview. Written consist of Prelims and Mains.
Prelims(CSAT): It will comprise of GK and Aptitude as per the new format.
Mains:
Paper-I One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 22 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-II English (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-III Essay [in the medium you choose]

Papers IV & V General Studies

Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects.

You need to have a strong will power and determination to get through the exam. It is the most difficult one. Only 33% candidates have qualified in the first attempt. You need to prepare a time table and manage your time smartly and efficiently.
28th January 2011, 12:47 AM
diego
Banned

you can apply for IAS next year only as you need to be in final year of your graduation,
meanwhile you can start and continue your preparation... decide which subjects you are going to choose and arrange recommended books for preparation... you can have idea about application procedure by visiting official website::http://www.upscportal.com/civilservices/
start vigorous preparation, success is remembered failure is forgotten hence all you labour goes waste so give it your best shot.
One more thing next years criteria's might not be same as this years so keep you mind open and be ready for CSAT .. It is effective since this time only
you can take help from CL TIME for aptitude test
best of luck'
diego
4th February 2011, 07:48 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

to prepare for IAS exam
After Completion of BE. it would be better for you to go for the Engineering Service conducted by UPSC.
The Exam will be based on three stage
3. Personal Interview.

good luck
20th February 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

3rd year engg student can apply ??
20th March 2011, 03:01 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hi Friend,
IAS exam or other civil services exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
For IAS ,you must have graduation degree from a recognized university as per educational eligiblity criteria.

UPSC IAS (CIVIL SERVICES)Exam Pattern:
All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:
•Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
•Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

You can apply offline & online these exams.
  • Apply online on the website:
    http://www.upsconline.nic.in
  • To apply offline:You can buy the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.
For details about UPSC IAS exams:
www.upsc.gov.in
10th May 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE APPEARED FOR 12 SCIENCE(MATHS) BOARD EXAMS THIS YEAR. I AM CONFUSED AMONG THE ENGINEERING FIELDS.BUT I M INTERESTED IN DOING IAS.SO PLZ TELL ME WHEN TO START THE PREPARATIONS. I KNOW I HAVE TO GRADUATE FIRST. IS COACHING NECESSARY OR ONE CAN PREPARE BY OWN BY VIGOROUS HARDWORK? WHAT AN IAS OFFICER EXACTLY HAS TO DO? PLZ REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR KINDLY MAIL [email protected]
19th May 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

what is the related syllabus for civils and appsc group1and2
20th May 2011, 02:03 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

3. Personal Interview.
14th June 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i m intersted in writing both UPSC and KPSC exams , nw i hve completed 3rd yer in BE (EEE) so whn should i can apply , hw should i do de preparation for the same ...
17th June 2011, 10:22 PM
sachin6

You can apply entrance exam for ias. Age limit is 21 to 30. Graduation is neededp
19th June 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

where to register for ias exams !!!! i wish to write it by 2012!!!!!!!!where wil i get the application forms online or offline???????
28th January 2012, 06:07 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hi,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.A.S exam while pursing 3 year of engineering.
You can apply after passing engineering..

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?