16th December 2010, 06:32 PM
sameercharan

Which stream gives a high salary after completing B.Tech Civil Engineering : MBA or M.Tech?

DEAR SIR,
My name is sameer and i am currently pursuing my B.TECH civil engg 2nd year. i wanted to know which stream in post graduate gives high salary. MBA or MTECH. i have a very good GPA .please guide me in this.

16th December 2010, 08:19 PM
dinomani

Default Re: Which stream gives a high salary after completing B.Tech Civil Engineering : MBA or M.Tech?

Dear friend

I am an M.Tech in Structural Engg., so i am advising to do M.Tech in Structural for good package and good profession
16th December 2010, 11:49 PM
Garima Khandelwal

Default Re: Which stream gives a high salary after completing B.Tech Civil Engineering : MBA or M.Tech?

U should go for M.tech . As civil engg are evergreen very demandin engg.. it will add one more benefit to you.
17th December 2010, 12:05 AM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
MBA Stands for MANAGEMENT and
M.tech stands for technical.
If you want to do management you could go fo MBA.
And for higher technical job you could do M.tech.
But MBA is more in fanshion these days.
17th December 2010, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Tell me the fee str. of vit vellore
5th January 2011, 10:31 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiii,,,,,,,

MBA is a MANAGEMENT course and M.tech is a technical course.
If you want to do management,you could go for MBA.
And for higher technical job you could do M.tech.
But MBA is more in fascinating these days.

Good Luck.........
19th January 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

after complition of b.e civil and structural engineering wat i can do further
4th February 2011, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

how much do u earn with just your duploma in civil?
18th February 2011, 08:17 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

you should do M.tech in civil engineering....
thats a promising career field...
wishing you all the best.
2nd May 2011, 04:41 AM
SonalSinghal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameercharan View Post
DEAR SIR,
My name is sameer and i am currently pursuing my B.TECH civil engg 2nd year. i wanted to know which stream in post graduate gives high salary. MBA or MTECH. i have a very good GPA .please guide me in this.
Both streams are good and offers ample amount of opportunities if pursued successfully. But considering that u did ur b.tech in civil engineering and also scored good GOA, i would advice you to go for M.tech in structural engineering, there are various universities in India which offers M.tech in the same specialization. One of them is UPES dehradun. First of its kind in India, the university has made its mark in the educational sector in a short duration. Its M.tech (structural engineering) provides theoretical knowledge of fundamental concepts of structural engineering along with the knowledge of advanced structural design concepts for high-rise, composite and aero structures through computational tools. Students also get a chance to gain hands-on experience through industrial visits, internships and projects.
5th May 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

SALARY FOR M.S.SOFTWARE ENGINEER
6th May 2011, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

microsoft at beginning level offers 10.5 lakhs per annum
30th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

am pursuing my B.E. in civil engg..... is it benefecial to go for MBA after finishing my UG
2nd June 2011, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

hello am rajesh, am pursuing my B.Tech 2nd yr and am intrested in MBA n people around me are suggesting to go for M.Tech can i get a job in the civil related field after doing my MBA?
2nd June 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomani View Post
Dear friend

I am an M.Tech in Structural Engg., so i am advising to do M.Tech in Structural for good package and good profession
good package means,will i get 12 lakhs per annum in the beggining year??
9th July 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

how much I earn with just diploma in civil after 27 years?
15th July 2011, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

average package in btech civil engg
30th July 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

can we do MBA after completing Mtech
31st July 2011, 06:20 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameercharan View Post
DEAR SIR,
dear friend,
doing mba will not be good for you. mba is for it, computer and electronics and communication engineers who will have to enter the multinational companies.
but for a civil engineer, m.tech is the best. it will give you more information about your stream. in every job interview, you will be preferred over b.tech students.
so you must do m.tech.
26th August 2011, 04:11 AM
Unregistered

is mba in investment banking a good option??

after be in computerscience?
1st October 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

is there any kind of iffect will be caused if we got detained 1 year in b tech course?
4th October 2011, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

what is the salre of civil engg
5th October 2011, 04:38 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

For appling for MBA you have to fullfil these following:
You need to have a bachelor's degree (3-year course) or equivalent in any discipline recognised by any Indian University / AICTE as eligible for post-graduate studies.

You can apply while you are in your final year of graduation. If you do get through the admission test, you will be given provisional admission on the condition that you provide your mark sheet and a certificate of passing by a certain date.

there is no age limit for doing an mba.
so any one fullfiling the above can apply.

Some of the top institutes that offer a MBA course in India are:

Bharathidasan Institute of Management
FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Indian Institute of Management’s
Institute of Management & Technology
Institute of Rural Management
ISB - Indian School of Business
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
Loyola Institute of Business Administration
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
S. P. Jain Institute of Management Studies
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
Xavier Institute of Management
XLRI - Xavier Labor Research Institute
15th October 2011, 10:33 AM
shanmukh92

Which stream gets higher salary after completing b.tech civil engg.
5th December 2011, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I am engineer in electronics with an aggregate of 61%.Also i have an work experience of 1 year as a marketing engineer.I have left the job.i want to study further but cant decide whether MBA,M Tech,MS,Civil services. Please suggest as it is getting on my nerves now.
25th January 2012, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

i am a studant. studyng in 2nd yr civil engineering. what course should i do to after BE to get higher salary
28th January 2012, 11:01 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hi..
both the courses are equally good and have great career opportunities and scope in the future,the decision to do which course entirely depends on your own interest and talent,
see the m.tech course is an entirely technical based course and you have to be very strong in your technical basics to do this degree,
first of all you have to clear the gate exam to do this course and then you have to join the best colleges like the iits if you want this course to have any value ,
where as the mba is an aptitude best course ,there are more option of colleges to this course in the country and also many number of entrance exams like the cat,xat,sap,jmet etc
the best mba colleges in the country are
1.iims
2.xlri
3.iit delhi,bombay
4.fms
5.iipm
you should opt for this degree if you want to be an management professional
25th April 2012, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

which is the better for me after civil engineering between MBA and B.tech?
24th May 2012, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

which is give high salary in B.E. or M. tech ?
11th July 2012, 02:49 AM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

As you currently pursuing B.Tech. If you want good packege then you should do masters in your own stream i.e. in Technical field, not in management. No. doubt, you can get good package after MBA, but the only rule to get good pay in any field is knowledge power and your ability do task. So, If you are expert in your field either in M.Tech or MBA, you will definitely get good package. Now its on you in which stream you have good command on the concepts. You have read your B.Tech subjects for four years, definitely, when you do masters in that then there will be more chances for you. But If you want to change your stream then just focus and be expert and get good salary.

Be expert minded not money minded. Wish you GOOD LUCK.
18th February 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

I am studing b.tech 3rd year in civil engg. I have intrested job in forign countries.which subject take in m.tech. What are the best collages in india
3rd November 2013, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

which country provides good job and good salary for ME structural engineer...?
29th June 2016, 01:55 AM
Ronie0309

Both MBA and M.Tech can give you equally rewarding annual income.
That is thus essentially not the matrix you use to choose between the two.
You must see what kind of subjects you like, if they are civil oriented then you must apply for M.Tech else you can opt for an MBA.
You can also choose between working on a site or working behind a computer which is also the difference between an M.Tech and an MBA post graduate respectively.
12th June 2017, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech. Want to do mtech i am confused of selecting stream can you suggest me which gives me a better future?? But one thing is i dont want to do structural Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?