10th February 2012, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give KCET and can I get a government seat in engineering or medical?

I studied in Karnataka, Bangalore only for three years (2nd to 4th std.) but I was born in Bijapur, Karnataka and my mother studied in Karnataka for 20 years till M.Sc final year.
So in such conditions am I able to give KCET and if so, is the Kannada test compulsory for me and can i get government seat in engineering or medical?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a medical seat in government college in Karnataka after scoring 1395 rank in Medical KCET?
  2. With a rank of 6739 in KCET can I get medical seat in Government Medical College?
  3. What medical rank will I get after scoring 84 marks in KCET? Will I get government medical seat in any medical college in Karnataka
  4. Will I get any college for government seat in Karnataka after scoring 10500 in KCET medical
  5. Can I expect a medical seat after scoring 99 in PCB in KCET Medical with 3323 rank?
  6. Minimum marks and rank required for KCET to get free medical seat in top medical government college
  7. How much minimum KCET rank is required to obtain good government medical seat in Karnataka
  8. Chances of getting a Medical seat after 72 marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in KCET exam? What is the cut-off? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to get government medical seat in Shimoga or Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences after scoring a KCET medical ranking of 1431?
  10. What is the minimum ranking required in KCET to get a seat in a good government medical college?
  11. Can I get a government medical seat in Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences or Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences after scoring KCET medical rank of 1431?
  12. Can I reappear in KCET 2015 as second attempt?
  13. Can engineering student write KCET 2015 as second attempt?
  14. After doing a year course in any engineering college can I take KCET 2016 and opt for Medical? -- [New]
  15. Which medical exam do I have to appear between KCET and COMEDK?
  16. Can I get medical seat after scoring 5046 rank in KCET
  17. Will I get medical seat in any medical college in Bangalore after scoring 9515 rank in KCET?
  18. Can I get Medical seat with a rank of 3929 in KCET Exam?
28th December 2012, 04:53 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to give KCET and can I get a government seat in engineering or medical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I studied in Karnataka, Bangalore only for three years (2nd to 4th std.) but I was born in Bijapur, Karnataka and my mother studied in Karnataka for 20 years till M.Sc final year.
So in such conditions am I able to give KCET and if so, is the Kannada test compulsory for me and can i get government seat in engineering or medical?
Dear,

KCET exam is held for both engineering and medical admission. If you qualify this exam with a very good rank then you will have a chance to take admission in a government college in engineering or medical.

Eligibility:

For Engineering
  1. You should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Mathematics and any of the Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in optional subjects(40% for SC/ST/OBC).
  2. Students appearing for 10+2 with subjects mentioned above can also apply for this exam.

For Medical
  1. You should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% aggregate marks in PCB (40% for SC/ST/OBC).
  2. Those who are appearing for 12th exams in the current academic year can also apply.

Your age should not be more than 25 or less than 17 years in any of the above.

Since you have completed your studies in Karnataka and you lived there for 3 years you are eligible to write this exam.

Good luck!
2nd June 2013, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to give KCET and can I get a government seat in engineering or medical?

hi, i got my kcet ranking 84194........ can i get seat in bangalore for engineering.
18th February 2015, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to give KCET and can I get a government seat in engineering or medical?

i am domicile of gujarat can i appear for kcet as i dnt have any realation to karnataka nor does my father belong to government service....what should be my eligibility clause according to this?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?