10th February 2012, 05:24 PM
anushka shah

What should i do after my 12th with maths and biology stream? I have interest in astronomy

i hve maths bio as my subjcts. i wnt 2 knw dat wt r d future options 4 me. celestial bodies n universe fascinatd me a lot ......... plz hlp meeee......

Related Questions:
  1. How to study for medicine or biology in general?
  2. Am I eligible to opt for Astronomy course after completion of Biology in 11th and 12th? -- [New]
  3. Which subject has more scope between medical and non medical?
  4. Which stream should I choose if I hate Chemistry and have interest in Maths stream? How should I explain my parents about my interests?
  5. How can I study Astronomy in Graduation being a 12th Science candidate?
  6. Should i opt for B.Tech (Biotechnology) if i have interest in Biology but studied maths in 12th standard?
  7. How can I choose the stream for astronomy after B.E?
  8. List of institutes which offer B.Sc(Astronomy) in Uttar Pradesh? Eligibility to study for 12th student?
  9. Any way I could take Biology course in 11th without actually opting for it in 12th? Is it necessary to complete biology in 12th if I want to study in abroad?
  10. Have interest in Biology but no interest in MBBS : Which course is suitable for me after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class?
  12. What stream I should opt for in 12th if I wanted to do research in astronomy and space sciences?
  13. Biology with maths or Computer science with Maths: better option after 10th with good skills in Maths?
  14. Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?
  15. Which subject to choose after 10th exam?
  16. Which subjects I have to choose after completion of 10th class to go for Fashion Designing?
  17. If I am good in Biology, bad in Physical Science and uninterested in Maths then which stream to choose in 11th?
  18. Should I have to study B.Sc in Physics to study M.Sc in Astronomy? Does Bachelor's Degree in Astronomy available in Mumbai?
5th July 2012, 05:11 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should i do after my 12th with maths and biology stream? I have interest in astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushka shah View Post
i hve maths bio as my subjcts. i wnt 2 knw dat wt r d future options 4 me. celestial bodies n universe fascinatd me a lot ......... plz hlp meeee......
After completing graduation you can do Astronomy courses at Master's level. These courses are however not available at undergraduate level in India.
You will have to choose physics or mathematics or aeronautical engineering at the graduate level however It may vary from one astronomical course to Another.

Some details of two courses are given below. These courses might be of your interest

Theoretical Astronomy

- AFter 10+2 you will have to do B.Sc in Physics or Mathematics. After that Astronomy course will be available at master's level for you. Then you can do specialization in Theoretical Astronomy.

Instrumentation / Experimental Astronomy

After 12th you will have to do undergraduate course of Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Electrical or Electronics or Electrical Communications. Following it you can do specialization in Astronomy but for this you will have to give a Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) examination after B.E.

A B.E. or B.tech degree holder can become a research scholar also.

Besides these there are some other specializations also at master's level.

There is also another option for you. 4 reputed institutes- Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Raman Research Institute, Indian Institute of Science and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) - offer joint astronomy program. The duration of this program is only 1 year.
After completion of this course you can do further research in institutes like TIFR and IUCAA.

Following is the list of some institutes which offer astronomical courses -

Indian Institute of Science
Raman Research Institute
Indian Institute of Astrophysics
Tata institute of Fundamental research
Physical Research Laboratory
Mahatma Gandhi University
Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics
National Center For Radio Astrophysics
Punjabi University
5th July 2012, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should i do after my 12th with maths and biology stream? I have interest in astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushka shah View Post
you choose astronomy is the best stream.you can do astronomy for Bsc and Btech level in various institution.ISRO and indian government launched the astronomy institute in thiruvananthapuram.Every year it conducts the entrance exam for +2 students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?