14th February 2012, 12:23 PM
shayestashahi

Am I eligible for NET Exam in Lectureship pursuing Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism?

i am doing masters in mass communication and journalism. am i eligible for net exam for lecturership?

Related Questions:
  1. Requirements to pursue Masters course in Mass Communications and Journalism being a candidate of pursuing Bachelors course in Mass Communication and Journalism?
  2. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  3. How to do master in journalism and mass communication?
  4. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  5. What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it possible for me to do masters in fashion designing after completion of B.A Journalism and Mass communication?
  7. IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication-Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. Can I study M.E or MBA after completion of UG course?
  9. Cutoff of BDS colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai? List of medical government colleges and government aided colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai?
  10. Will feb MAT help for the admission of master in mass communication?
  11. Which college should I prefer to have a career as Journalist?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission for masters in mass communication? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible to give entrance exam of BHU for masters in mass communication if I am doing graduation from Sridhar University?
  14. List of best colleges which offers masters in social work?
  15. Colleges offering masters in broadcast journalism course and MBA in mass communication?
  16. Universities offering Lateral Entry in M.A.(Mass Communication) course? Can I apply for NET after this course?
  17. Books to be referred to prepare for NET in mass communication and journalism subject
  18. Can I do Ph.D while doing work? I have done my graduation in mass communication and journalism
14th February 2012, 05:01 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam in Lectureship pursuing Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayestashahi View Post
i am doing masters in mass communication and journalism. am i eligible for net exam for lecturership?
If you are Pursuing your Master degree course in Mass Communication and Journalism then you are eligible for NET Examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is Conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and the examination is Conducted in June and December Every year

~~ Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET Examination

~~ To apply for NET Examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course from a Recognised University

~~ And you have to scored minimum 55% Marks in your Post graduation

Those who are Interested May apply for this Year June NET Examination.

The Notification of June NET will be Published soon in the month of April 2012, Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online Only

The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through Challan form in SBI Bank

~~ NET have changes the examination pattern and New changes is applicable from June 2012, From this year all the papers in NET is Objective, There is No descriptive papers and No negative Marking.

So, when you are Pursuing your Final year Post graduate degree course then you are eligible for NET Examination and for more information check official website :

upsc.gov.in
14th February 2012, 05:38 PM
adlsm

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam in Lectureship pursuing Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism?

If you are Pursuing your Master degree course in Mass Communication and Journalism then you are eligible for NET Examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is Conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and the examination is Conducted in June and December Every year

~~ Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET Examination

~~ To apply for NET Examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course from a Recognised University

~~ And you have to scored minimum 55% Marks in your Post graduation

Those who are Interested May apply for this Year June NET Examination.
or more information check official website :

upsc.gov.in
14th February 2012, 06:29 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NET for Lectureship as you are pursing post graduation in Mass Communication and Journalism.

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST is conducted by UGC twice every year one in the month of June and other in the month of December for selection of Lectureship and award of JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

The candidate having post graduate degree in any discipline or equivalent degree with 55% marks from a recognised University can apply for NET.

The candidate should not be less then 19 years and there is no bar to upper age who is applying for Lectureship and there is upper age limit of 28 years who is applying for NET JRF.

So please be updated with the official website of CSIR i.e. www.ugcnetonline.in for further information.
22nd March 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, My self Hardik. I m pursuing 4-sem MCA... I have cleared first 3 Semesters of MCA. Am I eligible for NET exam?
11th April 2012, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

HI this is Ritu. I did post graduate diploma course from Symbiosis University ( PGDBA - Operations - 2 years ) distance education.

Am I eligible for NET Exam?

Please reply
1st August 2012, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

HI this is mamatha.I did my post graduation course from ksou university (M.com) distance education . Am i eligible for NET Exam?
4th January 2013, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

is net different from net jrf?
can a 33year old fellow apply for net exams?
24th February 2013, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

when i i apply for Mass Communication and Journalism NET exam for june 2013? and how apply ? online form or form.
24th February 2013, 05:54 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

The eligibility for NET exam is as follows:

The candidate needs to pass masters degree in any of the courses with a minimum of 55% and above.

The candidate will be allowed age relaxation as per government orders.

Thank you,

All the best.
24th February 2013, 08:32 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
when i i apply for Mass Communication and Journalism NET exam for june 2013? and how apply ? online form or form.
Next NET exams would be conducted in June 2013
You can fill the forms in March 2013 through the website www.ugcnetonline.in

Fees for the NET exams can be depoited in the SBI bank
After filling the form online ,take printoput and deposit the forms in the Co-ordinating university in which you have opted the exam centre.

Eligibilty to apply for the NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates
24th February 2013, 10:57 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The acronym NET stands for the National Eligibility Test.In order to give this examination you have to fulfill certain requirement which are listed as below:

You should have done your post graduation or in final year of master's degree in any stream of your choice from a UGC recognized university.

The % of marks in post graduation should not be less than 55 .5% of relaxation in marks of SC/ST and OBC.

So friend,if you will pass your master's degree in mass communication and journalism with at least 55 % of marks in it then definitely you will be eligible for this exam.

This examination is conducted twice every year ,one in the month of june and other in the month of december by the UGC for the following posts:

1.Junior research fellowship:

2.Lectureship

The minimum age limit for NET exam is 21 years and the upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and for lectureship there is no upper age limit.

For any further details regarding this exam,please visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
25th February 2013, 08:02 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET-National Eligibility Test.

NET exam is conducted two times in a year by University Grants Commission. Details about NET exam is given below.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be complete Master's graduation with atleast 55%of marks from a recognised university.

For the candidates who belongs to SC/ST category has 5%of marks relaxation.

Candidate should be an INDIAN origin.

Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible for NET exam.

Age criteria details:-

For Junior Research Fellowship the age limits are there is no minimum age limit but the maximum age limit is 28 years.

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

For Lectureship there is no age limit to appear this exam you can appear at any age, but the minimum age would be atleast 19 years.

Written exam details:-

For more details Click Here

Best of luck.
25th February 2013, 09:36 PM
kvs212011

hai friend...

NET stands National Eligibility Test
It Is Conducted By UGC ,Twice in a Year..

Eligibility Criteria:

#the Candidate Should Complete the Post Graduation From any recognized university with 55% of marks.
#The final year PG student can also eligible to apply NET exam.
#The candidate should Belongs to Indian.
#The SC/ST candidates have the 5% relaxation.
Age Limit:
# there is no minimum age limit for Junior Research Fellowship but max age limit is 28years.
#OBC Candidtes have 3 years age relaxation
#SC/ST Candidates Have the 5 years age relxation.
#there is no age limit to appear this exam for Lectureship,but minimum age limit is 21years.

Best Of Luck.........
26th February 2013, 01:13 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

NET exam conducted by UGC .

This exam is award of Junior Research Fellowship.

Eligibility:

The applicant should complete the post Graduation from any recognized University.

The candidate required minimum 55% of marks in Post Graduation.

5% of marks relaxation for SC\ST candidates.

Final appearing candidates are also eligible to apply this exam.

Age limit:

There is no upper age limit for the candidate Lectureship.

But the Junior Research Fellowship the age limit should be between below 28 years.

The age relaxation is applicable for other categories.

All the best...........
12th March 2013, 09:08 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

NET Stands National Eligibility Test

NET exam conducted two times in a year by Grants Commission

Eligibility Criteria :

Candidates should be complete Master's Graduation with at least 55% aggregate from a recognized university
5% relaxation for SC/ST Candidates
Candidates must be Indian

Age limit :

Junior research fellowship the age limits are there is no min age limit but max age limit 28 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?