14th February 2012, 08:25 PM
gayathrigajarajan

What is the new pattern for CSAT exam? I am doing MSc in Mathematics? What kind of preparation is required?

hello sir/madam,
i m doing my m.sc in mathematics.i want to clear IAS exam.i dont know much about the new pattern of the exam.being a maths student i want to choose maths in main exam.suggest books for maths and CSAT. give
syllubus to crack the exam.what kind of preparation will help to clear in the first attempt? can i do self study or join coaching institution?
thank you

15th February 2012, 11:52 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the new pattern for CSAT exam? I am doing MSc in Mathematics? What kind of preparation is required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayathrigajarajan View Post
hello sir/madam,
i m doing my m.sc in mathematics.i want to clear IAS exam.i dont know much about the new pattern of the exam.being a maths student i want to choose maths in main exam.suggest books for maths and CSAT. give
syllubus to crack the exam.what kind of preparation will help to clear in the first attempt? can i do self study or join coaching institution?
thank you
Preliminary Pattern(CSAT):-

Paper - I(200 Marks) Duration :- Two hrs.

~~Current Events of national and International Importance

~~History of India and Indian National Movements

~~Indian and World Geography

~~ndian and Polity Governance

~~Economics and Social development

~~General Issues

~~General Science

Paper - II(200 Marks) Duration :- Two hrs.

~~Comprehension

~~Interpersonal Skills Including communication skills

~~Logical reasoning and analytical ability

~~Decision making and Problem Solving

~~General mental ability

~~Basic Numeracy

~~Data Interpretation

~~English Language Comprehension Skills

Main Examination Pattern :-

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?