17th February 2012, 08:32 AM
Preet kaur matharoo

Which course is better for me between ME and M.Tech to get Jobs in Software Industries being a student from ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams should I go for this?

Hello, i m a student of electronics and communication engineering.i want to know what would be a better option for me in higher studies m.e. Or m.tech. To go for a job in software industries or communication field and what all entrance exams i should go for..?

Related Questions:
  1. Job Opportunities for ECE candidates in Software Industries?
  2. Railway jobs availability after B.Tech in ECE and group entrance exams for the same?
  3. What are the jobs after M.Tech in software engineering?
  4. What kind of jobs are available for ECE students? Do we have to pursue any other courses other than B.E for job? can ECE student go in software field if he is good in programming languages?
  5. How to get software jobs after scoring 58% in 10th, 63% in 12th and 68% in B.E (ECE)
  6. Which Mtech streams get high salary packages jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Types of jobs I can get after B.Tech in ECE?
  8. Careers in Defence for the candidates of BE in ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams to appear for this?
  9. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT? -- [New]
  10. Are there any government technical jobs related to my specialization or in B.Tech computer science? Are there any entrance exams for M.Tech student freshers?
  11. List of the government jobs for ECE students? I am doing B.Tech final year in ECE stream
  12. Government jobs in ECE stream and which are the exams we have to appear to get through Air Force or Navy for Females?
  13. Interesting jobs for BE ECE
  14. Which are the exams conducted for Government Jobs for B.Tech ECE students?
  15. How to get government jobs related to department of ECE? I am a 3rd year ECE student and studying in Kerala
  16. For what entrance exams am I applicable to get government jobs? Types of entrance exams for which I need to apply for better jobs?
  17. What should I do after my B.Tech? Should I go for PSU jobs or for software?
  18. Which are the various entrance exams for government jobs after B.E ECE? I am got 57% till 7th semester
1st October 2012, 12:58 AM
Astha sinhaa

Default Re: Which course is better for me between ME and M.Tech to get Jobs in Software Industries being a student from ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams should I go for this?

Hello friend,
As I know M.E or MTech are the same qualification. Earlier it was called ME but now a day it is know MTech degree. Both are the same degree and can be done after BE/Btech.
For ME/MTech you must have to appear for the GATE examination conducted by the IITs every years.
You can apply for the exam in the two mode online and offiline.
For more details log on to.http://gate.iitk.ac.in/
23rd July 2013, 03:57 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which course is better for me between ME and M.Tech to get Jobs in Software Industries being a student from ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams should I go for this?

Hi

As such there is no difference between M.E and M.Tech.

M.Tech is more of practical oriented course where you perform practical whatever you learn in theory where as M.E is more of a theoretical oriented course

M.Tech are provided by college who have good facility and can provide more of practical knowledge along with theory.

All NIT and IIT and other reputed college provide M.Tech and Not M.E because they have good infrastructure

Same concept goes with BE/B.Tech

However, for M.E or M.Tech you need to appear for GATE exam
The better you score in GATE, the better college you get

IIT and top NITs are the best college to pursue your MTech

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?