19th February 2012, 08:32 AM
lavanya.voleti1

Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?

sir,i am pursuing my btech 3rd(2nd sem) year.am i eligible for writing icet examination this year.

19th February 2012, 11:32 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for ICET Exam as you are pursuing pre final year of your B.Tech course.

ICET is the Entrance Exam which will be conducted to give admission for MBA and MCA courses in various colleges all over Andhra Pradesh.

Here is the eligibility criteria that a candidate should possess to take up this exam.

-One should have completed Bachelors degree with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.
-Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% in Bachelors degree for the candidates of SC/ST category.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Bachelors degree are also eligible to appear for this exam.
-In order to join MCA course, it is must that one should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level.
-One should be a native of India.
-One should have to fulfill the local or non loacl requirements of Andhra Pradesh.

This Examination will be conducted for 200 marks and the cut off is 25% in the sense one should have to secure a minimum of 50 marks to get through the exam.

The Examination will consists of questions from the following categories
-Analytical Ability
-Mathematical Ability
-Communication Ability

All the candidates who have qualified in the exam will be given ranks.

Once they get ranks, they have to fill choices or options in Web Counselling.

Depending upon the options given the candidate and the category to which he belong, he will be given admission in a college for the selected course MCA or MBA.

Later on, second counselling will also be conducted. The candidate can give options for various colleges again if he is not satisfied with the college what he got in the first counselling.

So, have good preparation for this exam for this year and attempt in in the next year. Wish you all the best.
19th February 2012, 08:06 PM
ankitkrmishra

Default Re: Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?

No, you are not eligible for the ICET exam in 2nd sem. The minimum qualification for the ICET exam is complete graduation degree, so you can apply for this exam in seventh semester.
Some information regarding this exam:
This Examination will be conducted for 200 marks and the cut off is 25% in the sense one should have to secure a minimum of 50 marks to get through the exam.

-Analytical Ability
-Mathematical Ability
-Communication Ability
20th February 2012, 07:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavanya.voleti1 View Post
sir,i am pursuing my btech 3rd(2nd sem) year.am i eligible for writing icet examination this year.

B-TECH student from 3rd year student are applicable for ICET 2012.

ICET stands for Integrated Common Entrance Test .This is an entrance examination for admission to Master of Computer Application and Master in Business Administration courses in various colleges and universities in Andhra Pradesh.

Those candidate have graduation degree with above 50 % marks are applicable for ICET exam . But you have a Maths subject ate 12th level or Graduation level.

Your age should be above 21 years old.

BEST BOOKS FOR ICET ENTRANCE EXAM

The ICET question paper contains multiple choice objective type test with 200 questions. It is divided into three sections and the should finish the paper with in 150 minutes.

The Three Sections are:
  • Analytical Ability: 75 questions
  • Mathematical Ability: 75 questions
  • Communication Ability: 50 questions
The exam date for ICET 2012 is already announced .The exam schedule is given below-

Date of Entrance Examination: last week of May, 2012

Availability of Application Forms: fourth week of February, 2012

Last Date for receipt of completed application forms: fourth week of April , 2012

THE BEST COLLEGE THROUGH ICET 2012 EXAM

Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University ( ANGRAU )

Acharya Nagarjuna University ( ANU )

Adikavi Nannaya University ( AKNU )

Andhra University ( AU )

Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University ( BRAOU )

Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University ( BRAU )

Dravidian University ( DU )

JNT University, Ananthapur ( JNTU – A )

JNT University, Hyderabad ( JNTU – H )

JNT University, Kakinada ( JNTU – K )

Kakatiya University ( KU )

Krishna University ( KrU )

Mahatma Gandhi University ( MGU )

More details about ICET exam , Please click on the link http://www.apicet.nic.in/

Attached Files
File Type: docx ICET 2012 SYLLABUS.docx(12.2 KB, 113 views)
24th February 2012, 04:14 AM
tanu47

Dear,
I am very sorry to say you are not eligible to appear for ICET Exam as you are pursuing pre final year of your B.Tech course.
Good luck.
16th March 2012, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

can a btech eee 3rd year student can attend bank exams if yes what sort of exams do they have
18th December 2012, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to write ICET entrance exam pursuing degree 3rd year
15th May 2013, 06:24 PM
anupsahu

No, you are not eligible for the ICET exam in 2nd sem. The minimum qualification for the ICET exam is complete graduation degree, so you can apply for this exam in seventh semester.
Some information regarding this exam:

-Analytical Ability
-Mathematical Ability
-Communication Ability
16th May 2013, 12:40 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
You are Not Eligible for ICET exam.

Eligibility for ICET exam;-

You should not be more than 21 years of age.

You should be an Indian National and should satisfy local/non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission)
If you are not an Indian National, you should satisfy the rules of the Universities concerned
If you have qualifying degree through Distance Education, it should be recognized by a joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC

You can apply for ICET 2013, if you are appearing for the final year degree examination.

All the best...................
31st May 2013, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

i have qualified in icet exam and failed in degree final year am i eligible for mba by passing the xam in supplamentry
31st October 2013, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible to write ICET exam pursuing degree final year in distance at nagarjuna university?
5th February 2014, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to write icet entrance exam as am in my final year of B.sc
18th July 2014, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

sir,iam pursuing final year B.tech.am i eligible to write ICET entrance exam?
7th February 2019, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write ICET exam pursuing 3rd year distance degree in ACHARYA NAGARJUNA UNIVERSITY
1st March 2019, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

I studied 3 years diploma after 10th and completed my btech through lateral entry(btech direct 2nd year entry) am I eligible to apply apicet and join MBA please help me..
5th June 2019, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

I am qualified in icet and writing my degree final year exams which are conducted very slowly due to elections ...... so will i b able to do mca with my icet marks??/
13th April 2020, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Am I Eligible To Write ICET Exam Pursing B.com Degree Final Year 6 Th sem...
6 th Sem Not Conducted...
How can I Apply...!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?