22nd December 2010, 07:43 PM

Good institutes to join after B.Com to become a software engineer?

Hello friends, many companies are looking out for students who have done MCA, B.Tech, BCA, BSC etc. for the post of a software engineer. However, I've done my B.Com and have done GNIIT, can some one please suggest me some gud institute to join after B.Com to become a software engineer or any suggestions PLZ........ Thank u in advance....

23rd December 2010, 06:55 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Good institutes to join after B.Com to become a software engineer?

To become an engineer you need to have pursued the science and maths subjects in 12th standard. Since you are from the commerce background you would not have chosen these subjects. So you are not eligible to be an engineer. However there are many candidates who after the NIIT course are able to enter the software field. If you have good programming skills then you will surely be taken in.
23rd December 2010, 10:24 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

hello dear

dear are so many highly qualified institude are abvilable which provide you to become a good software engineer like

*IIT
*NIIT
*NIMT
*GNIIT
*KOLKATA UNIVERSITY
*ANNA UNIVERSITY
*STATE UNVERSITY
GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE............
23rd December 2010, 11:20 PM
amahajan

Smile Re: Good institutes to join after B.Com to become a software engineer?

Hiii
See if you want to become a software engineer then please appear for Entrance exams that are conducted for Technical education. as you said you have done Bcom still you have to give exam to get the admission in the institute. you can give AIEEE or CBSE PET.
24th December 2010, 12:39 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes ,You can join -
1. ITT Technical Institute
a. Certificate
Computer and Electronics Engineering TechnologyComputer Drafting and DesignInformation Technology - Computer Network Systems
b. Associate Business and Accounting Technology Computer and Electronics Engineering TechnologyComputer Drafting and DesignInformation Systems AdministrationInformation Systems SecurityInformation Technology - Computer Network SystemsInformation Technology - MultimediaInformation Technology - Software Applications and TechnologyInformation Technology - Web Developmentmore programs ...
Bachelor of Science
Business and Accounting TechnologyComputer and Electronics Engineering TechnologyCriminal Justice - Cyber SecurityData Communication Systems TechnologyDigital Entertainment and Game DesignElectronics and Communications Engineering TechnologyIndustrial Automation Engineering TechnologyInformation Systems Security
2. Kaplan University
3. Academy of Art University
4. American Sentinel University
5. Boston University
6. ITT Technical Institute
7. International Academy of Design & Technology
8. Keller Graduate School of Management
List of Engineering Colleges, Engineering Institutes and Engineering Universities in Delhi
1. Delhi Technological University (DTU), New Delhi
2. Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT), New Delhi
3. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD), New Delhi
4. Faculty of Engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), New Delhi
6th May 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

I have done BSc(Physics) from IGNOU and Diploma in Software Engineering from NIIT. I want to be a software engineer. Have i to do further degree for that?
6th May 2011, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

I have done BSc(Physics) from IGNOU and Diploma in Software Engineering from NIIT. I want to be a software engineer. What i have to do for that?
11th May 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

I have done BSc(Physics) with 60% and Diploma in Software Engineering from NIIT. I want to be a software engineer. Am i eligible for that? And what i have to do for that?
31st May 2011, 10:31 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

*iit
*niit
*nimt
*gniit
*kolkata university
*anna university
*state unversity
11th June 2011, 01:33 PM
rishi.sharma

guys guys listen.... Engineering is different than what you are taught at NIIT... i know NIIT very well coz i have been lured by them.... believe me...there's no hope for a easy life...and bright future in software field in big companies... cause GNIIT is a diploma and not a degree and apart from that you must have done distance course in bsc/ graduation.....which is indeed not gonna help.... as generally IT companies donot prefer distance course graduates.... believe me..i have seen all this happen..thats why..
23rd July 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

i am working in infoysis as shoftwere developer but my education is only B COM what my carrer aspect inthis field

nand
26th September 2011, 12:26 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

hello dear

dear are so many highly qualified institude are abvilable which provide you to become a good software engineer like

*IIT
*NIIT
*NIMT
*GNIIT
*KOLKATA UNIVERSITY
*ANNA UNIVERSITY
*STATE UNVERSITY
GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE............
20th October 2011, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

I'm a b.com graduate.
I want to build my career as a programmer. I don't have too much money to pursue any course.
Can anyone help me?
5th February 2012, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

hello..I am amit kumar. I have done GNIIT and pursuing B.Sc(IT) which is correspondence could u plz let me knw how i can i apply fro M.tech.. can i or not..
my email-- [email protected]
14th October 2013, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

I want to know the scope for b.com students in software engineering
3rd June 2014, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

have completed my B.com with 61% marks and currently working in a BPO MNC...during there days i have gained lots of interest in computers and sofware.....can you suggest me ways how i can proceed in this sector and become a software engineer.....one more thing i will not b able to leave this job due to personal reasons
2nd November 2014, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th class in commerce how to become software engineer
31st March 2015, 09:13 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

AS you have asked , you are interested to became a software engineer after B.com it's not a right decision because B.com stands for Bachelor's of commerce & for software engineering you have to be from science stream with PCM which is mandatory.

Yes, after B.com you can go for many computer courses which is available in private computer institute like DCA , PGDCA, A ' level , O' level courses through which you can have software knowledge and can also work by it..

But , I think after B.com you can choose other lines than software engineering like MBA, MCA, LLb , including this above any one of the computer courses which will help in your carrier.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?