25th December 2010, 10:03 AM
koolakshay

Can a commerce student pursue BCA course? Procedure of admission to BCA course?

Can a commerce student pursue BCA course???
if yes, what is required??

Related Questions:
  1. Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Being a student of commerce can I do well in BCA?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing BCA? -- [New]
  4. Commerce student who have studied Mathematics can do BCA?
  5. Possibility to pursue M.Sc(IT) or MCA after completing BCA? Best course for BCA graduate?
  6. Can I pursue BCA course from Kerala? I am commerce student
  7. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  8. Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate?
  9. Can we join B.E IT after BCA? I am a commerce student
  10. How can I get a good job in future? I'm a BCA student in 2nd year and have done commerce without Maths
  11. BCA or B.Com from GNIIT: better option after 12th standard with commerce? Percentage required in 12th?
  12. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  13. How can I get admission to study BCA in any reputed college of Pune? Detailed information about BCA program?
  14. List of colleges which offer BCA to Commerce without Maths candidate in Delhi?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission in BCA being a 12th PCB student?
  16. Can I get admission in mentioned colleges if completed 12th Commerce from NIOS without Maths?
  17. What is the selection procedure of BCA students in NITs?
  18. How to get admission in BCA after passing 12th commerce with computers?
26th December 2010, 08:39 PM
ruchika4989

Default Re: Can a commerce student pursue BCA course? Procedure of admission to BCA course?

yes commerce student can definately pursue BCA course
26th December 2010, 10:36 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a commerce student pursue BCA course? Procedure of admission to BCA course?

Dear Friend

Yes Definatey ! Commerce Students can do BCA course after completing 12th.

So, if you have a Maths OR CS in your 12th exams, then you are eligible for BCA Course Otherwise you will not get admission in BCA in top colleges.

But, Manny collges will offer BCA course without Maths. So, its vary from Colleges to Colleges. But most of the colleges required Maths in 12th.

So, if you have a Maths, then definately you will get admission in BCA.
26th December 2010, 10:59 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can a commerce student pursue BCA course? Procedure of admission to BCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolakshay View Post
well FRIEND,

its obvious answer that a commerce student obviously can do BCA course

Getting admission for BCA course is too easy, but the job availability is too less for only BCA pass out.

BCA degree is of no importance today.

The best option after BCA is to get admission in MCA course.
MCA course can be applied by other people also like B.Sc. Pass out.

Job opportunity in call center for BCA pass out is higher, but in call center 10+2 pass out can also apply for the same post.

There is no way any IT company will going to higher BCA pass out (with no other qualification) .

So if BCA pass out is interested in IT or software field, they have to have join MCA course in reputed university.

MCA degree is equivalent to B.E from computer science from hiring point of view for most of IT companies.
other wise they can prepare for MBA or UPSC.

good luck..
27th December 2010, 12:00 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)Yes you are eligible for BCA,if you have done in 12th with Business Maths, other wise you cannot

2)you can finish BCA with out Business Maths , but for MCA it is must.

3)If you are interested in Distance Eduction you can do both BCA and MCA with out Business Maths

Best of luck, i Hope you have done with Business Maths,good luck
27th December 2010, 12:24 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,
A commerce student can get admission for BCA if he/she had BM as a main subject in 12 standard,and also required min 50% agregate...
27th December 2010, 01:11 AM
Meenu.D

if you have a maths paper or accounts in 12th you will surely do your bca in any collegs............All the best........
27th December 2010, 01:12 AM
Meenu.D

Quote:
if you have a maths paper or accounts in 12th you will surely do your bca in any collegs............All the best........
27th December 2010, 08:02 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

its obvious answer that a commerce student obviously can do BCA course

Getting admission for BCA course is too easy, but the job availability is too less for only BCA pass out.

BCA degree is of no importance today.

a commerce student pursue BCA course

The best option after BCA is to get admission in MCA course.
MCA course can be applied by other people also like B.Sc. Pass out.

Job opportunity in call center for BCA pass out is higher, but in call center 10+2 pass out can also apply for the same post.

There is no way any IT company will going to higher BCA pass out (with no other qualification) .

So if BCA pass out is interested in IT or software field, they have to have join MCA course in reputed university.

good luck.
27th December 2010, 08:03 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Good morning Dear student,
Ofcourse you can do BCA .

for BCA maths and I.P is required .
but now-a-days many colleges provide BCA without maths (i.e. Manipal university).
if you don't have even then also you can apply for this course.

ALL THE BEST........
27th December 2010, 02:13 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Yes you can take admission in BCA by cracking an admission test.But hope you learn mathematics in 12th (Business mathematics).

All the best.
27th December 2010, 06:43 PM
babydoll

Hi friend,
The eligibility for studying BCA course is 12th pass and mathematics or computer science as a main subject in the 12th or equivalent thats it.
so if you have maths or computer science as a main subject in the 12th then you are surely eligible for studying the BCA courses.

You can get admission into the BCA through direct admission or by entrance test carried by the college followed by an personel interview.
27th December 2010, 08:17 PM
anaspeer

Yes of course.

The only eligibility for BCA and MCA is that you should have maths a compulsory subject in 12th.

But some unrecognized colleges offer BCA courses without considering any eligibility. My advice is not to choose them.

So if you are having maths in your 12th you can do BCA. Get the top score and Get admission in Top colleges.

All the best.
27th December 2010, 10:10 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Yes, of course a commerce student can pursue BCA course.

Though most of the institutes offering BCA course requires that the candidate must have maths at 10+2 but there are certain good institutes like BIT Mesra; IGNOU etc. offering BCA course even to non maths background students.

The general eligibility criteria for these institutes is that candidate must pass 12th Science or Commerce with English and one of the following subjects- Mathematics/Statistics/Business Maths.
28th December 2010, 12:04 AM
bikenindia

Hi Koolakshay,

Yes, a commerce student can do BCA course after his/ her 12th.
But you should know one thing, If you opt maths in your commerce, then your future is bright for doing BCA as Maths is one of the major paper in BCA and still you can go for higher studies i.e MCA.

All the best
28th December 2010, 11:08 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea obviously commerce student are eligible for studying in BCA.

BCA is bachelor of computer science. so if you have computer subject in class 12 then you will get admission in good institution. because most of the good institution take admission of those student who have computer or mathematics in class 12.

but as you are from commerce student so i think you have some knowledge on mathematics so you may get chance in good institutions. also some institution take admission students who have passed class 12 irrespective of the subject combination in class 12. you may try for these type of institution if you are unable to get job in good institutions.

after BCA job opportunity and scope is very high. but you have to learn the subject in BCA with more carefully than the other courses. if you can make good knowledge in computer then easily you will go so far.

best of luck.
28th December 2010, 11:49 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Commerce and Arts students are also eligible for BCA even without having maths at 10+2. The candidate have to study one extra subject which is Maths known as MTE i.e Mathematical Evolution.IGNOU is one such university which provide BCA even without having maths at 10+2.
17th January 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

i have no mathematic in 12th but having mathematic in bca,i am eligible for mca entrance or not
18th January 2011, 03:02 PM
rks_estate

Dear,

Yes, commerce student can pursue BCA course.

For BCA course you may direct apply to institute / university of your state.

All the Best
18th January 2011, 09:57 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Dear Friend

You can definitely pursue BCA course as a commerce student.You are eligible for BCA Course if you have a Maths OR CS in your 12th exams.

Best of luck...
19th January 2011, 01:26 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
Yes dear your are eligible for BCA as it required only 12thstandard passed.
In most of the colleges admission in BCA is on the basis of your 12th standard pmarks.
The colllege make their merit list & student who fall in that is able to get admission.
It is as simple as simple graduation admission.
16th February 2011, 12:46 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Hi...
Yes commerce students can purse BCA course after 12 but the eligibility criteria is that you need to have studied maths in your 12 and also if you want to get admission in good colleges that you should have good grades in it.You can go for it.
3rd April 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

I am commere student. i took CS so maths is important for BCA OR NOT?
3rd April 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Is having pure maths as a subject in 2 necessary for pursuing BCA and then MCA,or will having Business Mathematics do?
Saheli
9th April 2011, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Are there entrance exams for BCA after 12th in Ahemedabad?
13th April 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

i just given the 10 2 exam.i am a science student, but i have no math in my sub combination.can i do bca and mca??plz help
30th April 2011, 11:54 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can a commerce student pursue BCA course? Procedure of admission to BCA course?

Yes you can do BCA .... however any stream student do BCA after 12th so you can do BCA..........
27th May 2011, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

can a commerce student can do bca without maths..??
27th May 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Can a commerce student pursue BCA course? without having maths ??
27th May 2011, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i m arts student but pursue bca cource can be possible??
13th June 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

i am a student from commerce background and i havent studied maths in 2,can i applyfor bca
26th June 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

How many minimum percentage for admission to the BCA pls help me?thanku
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?