25th December 2010, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

What is better after B.Tech : Higher studies or Job?

hi...
i'm doing my b.tech and my question is what is better after finishing my b.tech whether to do higher studies or job????

26th December 2010, 06:35 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is better after B.Tech : Higher studies or Job?

The decision needs to be made by you. Higher qualification is always an added advantage in career. You need to decide based on what career you would like to have. You can also think of doing a correspondence course from a recognised university along with your job.
26th December 2010, 08:43 PM
mukul0094
Banned

it is depend on you. if you want to take heigher study then you can do M.TECH OR M.B.A. i advise you o take heigher study because after this you can get a good job in a big company. thanking you.
27th December 2010, 08:28 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

MY DEAR FRIEND,

Higher study never goes waste it is you who will decide about your career /requirment
if you finincial sound go for higher studuy, if you have whole responsibility then go for the job and side by side you can do also higher studies through corresendences cources/night classes .

GOOD LUCK...........
28th December 2010, 10:22 PM
nishant1110

Although there is no harm as such in pursuing higher studies, you may even get a job now and do your postgraduation later. Ultimately, the decision lies with you. Moreover, there are firms that conduct learn-while-you-earn programmes, where you are given a considerable stipend along with higher level training.
10th January 2011, 11:31 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: What is better after B.Tech : Higher studies or Job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi...
i'm doing my b.tech and my question is what is better after finishing my b.tech whether to do higher studies or job????
Dear friend,
Its depend on your condition,Study is always good for career,i will suggest you to go for M.tech or phd,but if you get a good salaried job then go for it...
10th January 2011, 11:42 PM
abhijitrocks

i m doing my b.tech frm kiit university .presently i am on the verge of completion of my 2nd year.my question is wat to opt after b.tech????
11th January 2011, 01:19 AM
er.varunchawla

Higher Studies are always preferred FIRST if you are financially strong and have the ability to learn more from the core of the heart.

No doubt! everybody wants a good job immediately after completing his/her degree but the chances of getting a good job increases rapidly after HIGHER STUDIES.
If you have the ability to earn and learn simultaneously then its excellent and go for it.
At the last,I preffer Higher Studies...

Wishing best of luck for your brightful FUTURE...
11th January 2011, 07:16 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Today it is always beneficial to have some higher degree. this add extra advantage to your career. it totally depends upon you and your financial to choose between job and higher studies. if you don't have enough fund then definitely you should try for job and if you are financially sound , then go for higher studies like -M.Tech or MBA. learn-while-you-earn programme lets you to complete higher degree while working.so it works like a tonic for financiallwy weak people who are working.
11th January 2011, 07:21 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
Higher studies or Job

Higher study never goes waste it is you who will decide about your career /requirment
if you finincial sound go for higher studuy, if you have whole responsibility then go for the job and side by side you can do also higher studies through

good luck.
11th January 2011, 07:59 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

It depends upon your financial condition.if you are financially sound then go for higher studies like M.Tech ,MBA,PHD .but if you have some financial problem then try for job and carry own further studies with distance learning programme.
11th January 2011, 08:22 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

dear friend.

it always depends on your condition.if are interested higher studies go for
the M.Tech.this is very value able course.but you not interested.if you get job
go for that.but the choice is yours...........
11th January 2011, 08:29 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is better after B.Tech : Higher studies or Job?

Its your choice if you are interested in higher studies or job.Both are good options to go for.

I will suggest you that after completing your Degree you should try for job.
It's time to gain some experience now after degree.

Best of LUck...........
11th January 2011, 10:29 AM
rks_estate

Hello Dear,

According to my opinion, after B.Tech. you can do job because through job you can earn money.

And parallel to job, you can do higher studies as a correspondance course.

After B.Tech, if you are doing studies then you can not earn money.

So you can do job and continue your studies parallel.

Good Luck
11th January 2011, 12:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

I Think Its Totally Your own Decision ! If you are interested For furthur Study Then I think Its better. But if you are Interested To do Job, then Its Also Good.

But i will suggest you, if you find a good Jobs Only then You can Join Otherwise its better If you can Continue Your Furthur Study After Completing Your B.tech.

Because You will Not get Chance again In your life To study Once again. So, if you are Interested To Furthur Study, then Please go for it, After Completing B.tech You can Do M.tech Or MBA. Sao, its Totally Your decesion, Please choose field according to Your Interest.

You will Join Jobs after Completing Your Master Degree also. So, please complete your Study First and then Join Jobs. After Completing Your Master Degree You will get Good Jobs In Top Companies.
11th January 2011, 12:59 PM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know its totally depend on your interest that what you want to do if you want to do further studies then you can do M.Tech or MBA from a good institute that enlarge your job opportunities you you can earn more.
but if you are not interested in further studies then you can do job and can get experience.and can apply in much batter company than previous one
good luck....
11th January 2011, 02:08 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it is totally depends on personal interest. but higher study is always better for career if you get good chance.

after B.Tech if you get good chance for admission in good college for higher study then i think you should not miss that chance. good chance means if you have a valid good GATE score and other good result.

for job, if you get placed in good company then you should not miss also that chance. but if you think that job and your higher study is in same position and you have to choose one then i think you should choose higher study.

if unfortunately you are unable to get good job then obviously you should try for higher study at the same time prepare for job recruitment.

best wishes.
11th January 2011, 03:13 PM
vikul

Smile Re: What is better after B.Tech : Higher studies or Job?

Dear friend,

If you will study further you will get a high profile job which is you real aim,so according to me you should go for higher studies.

GOOD LUCK
11th January 2011, 04:26 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

It basically depends on your passion. Both of the stated options are good at the career point of view. Because you can either pursue higher education which adds a value to your career . Or you can even work for a few years, apply for higher studies both in India as well as in other countries counterfoiling your experiences.
Now a days there are many more vacancies available for freshers in both private and public sectors so it basically depends on your passion so think well before you choose!
11th January 2011, 05:26 PM
anaspeer

Quote:
hi...
Hi,

Choosing between job or higher studies is completely based on your own interest and your mind setup.

If you want learn more things and very interested in knowing things in detail, you can go for higher studies.

And if you feel that it's enough of studying and you want to start earning, then it's better you try for job.

Or else you can try for job and by the side can do your PG by correspondence courses.

You didn't mention your branch in B.Tech for which I could have suggested that doing a PG is better or not.

Anyway choose the best for your career and your interest.

All the best.
11th January 2011, 05:50 PM
Divya Chowdary Yadlapalli

HI FRIEND
If you are do the hier education it never be useless.If you get job after the B.tech we palce in normal companies.If you have the higher degee it helpfull to place in a International company.If you are intrested in studies you can go with education.We can get good salary also.
ALL THE BEST
11th January 2011, 06:04 PM
vskkarthick
Junior Member+

Quote:
hi...
AFTER b.tech THE BEST course which will be easier for you is M.TECH. suppose if your family status wont allow you to do this ,Atleast do this through post . I assure that after PG you can get a good job
11th January 2011, 06:28 PM
cutiepie.sakshi
Junior Member+

It is dependent totally on you. But if I were in your place, I would choose higher studies.
11th January 2011, 06:51 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

I would suggest to go with your interest. If you are interested in higher studies, go for that. If you are an aspiring a job, then you can get into various jobs by your btech degree.

But my suggestion is to go for higher studies that too with MBA. Now a days Btech along with MBA people are in great demand why because these people are technically strong enough by their btech background and in management or managerial skills too through their MBA degree on which the survival of a company depends on.

And at the same time just doing MBA for the sake of certificate will not fetch you anything. Try to get admission in B-schools or some universities which are reputed.

By the time you complete your MBA, you should be good at
1.communication skills
2.soft skills
3.managerial skills
4.and especially the business trends, environment and framing of strategies to the changing conditions.

If time permits, go for some certification programs too.
11th January 2011, 06:56 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

In my opinion if you want to go for Technical field then go for higher studies in the same field. Otherwise go for a job for at least 1 year and then go for MBA.
It will develop managerial skills and horn your technical knowledge.
11th January 2011, 07:20 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Well friend, you will also know that higher studies improve your educational qualification level and now a days if you complete your master degree then you will be able for a high post and this will be good for you.
11th January 2011, 09:16 PM
goldin

Default after B.Tech

after you finishing your B.Tech if you interested in Teaching you can proceed by studying higher studies.or else if you interested to join companies like ISRO
you can study M>tech and Phd it will be helpfull for your peacefull life. generally teaching is a peacefull job. so higher sttudy is better from my point of view
11th January 2011, 10:00 PM
sauravkumarjhumritelaiya
Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is better after B.Tech : Higher studies or Job?

Hi friend,
Both are the good options, but it depends upon you and your financial condition
From my point of view, If you have not any financial problem then you must go for higher studies and if you have any financial problem then you must prefer the jobs ……..
11th January 2011, 10:06 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
hi...
Hello friend,

It is up to you. If you really feel, you can still go for studies or you want to learn more, then you should go for higher studies.

Or, you can work for 2 or 3 years to get experience and go for higher studies, this is also a good option for you.

And if you feel you don't want to go for higher studies, then you should go for job. Go for government job or Private companies.
You can write IES or many public sector exam.
or try for private firm like
Infosys
CTS
TCS
Wipro
Accenture, etc

Or if you want to go higher studies, then
1. take GATE exam for ME or M.Tech
2. Take CAT or MAT for MBA.

All the best.
Thank you.
12th January 2011, 08:14 PM
goldin

Default reply to your question

first you finish B.Tech with good marks. after that if you want earn money you go for job and side by side you complete your M.Tech bt partime class.bt M.Tech is necessary for future. it will increase your grade
13th January 2011, 10:21 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

if you are doing now b tech, you can go either two of these:
1. job 2.higher studies

So it depends on you alot.. If you are going for a higher study then you can write GATE exam.

If you are going for jobs then you can go for IT/Software jobs where you can earn good salaries,you can check www.freshersworld.com for further IT software vacancies.

regards,
yash
14th January 2011, 10:47 AM
saswata06

I think it is better to go for higher studies rather than going for job.You may do a job simultaneously while studying.
14th January 2011, 12:41 PM
Aishwary

Friend this is depend on your economical condition.
But ih you have no problem about that then you can do M.Tech which is better for you.
14th January 2011, 03:20 PM
hunk7009
Junior Member+

well it depends on your interest and the situation.some people have to do jobs because of some personal issues.and some opt for higher studies in foreign universities or in their respective countries for a respectful job.you may also get a respected job after your B.tech which depends on your ability.
so it is completely depend on your part..good luck
14th January 2011, 05:27 PM
babydoll

Hi friend,
In my opinion both are good whether you can go for job or higher study after the B.Tech.
But it totally dependent on you as per your interest. If your economical condition of your family is not good then you must go for job.
If you wants to study more then this is also good for you.
Good luck!!!!!
14th January 2011, 05:57 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

It will be up to your personal interest to choose either higher studies or doing a job.
According to me higher studies will be a better option in the present scenario since lakhs of Engineers are getting released from various Engineering colleges all over India.So,to be ahead of them you need to go for higher studies.

There are various jobs offered by MNC's in India.So,as a B.tech graduate you can try out for jobs in MNC's and even jobs in Government sectors depending upon your branch.

If you want to try out for jobs then you can get yourself registered at websites like timesjob.com,monster.com to get yourself updated of the various placements taking place.
14th January 2011, 07:43 PM
sonu1234

both are good dear , it depend on what type of career you want in your future.
14th January 2011, 11:59 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: What is better after B.Tech : Higher studies or Job?

Hi!!!!
After B.Tech if you think that that you are ready and interested for job than better to go for job but if you go for higher studies than it will be much bright future than after B.tech. So depends upon your interest.

with best wishes!!!!
1st May 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

after completion of b.tech,what are the other ways i can proceed towards igher education
2nd May 2011, 05:38 AM
neerajshuran

dear ,if you have not the family burden then i will suggest to you go for hiher education this will improve you skill and make expert to you in your field
14th May 2011, 01:33 AM
chkdsk

Go for mba. Bcoz after mba you will get good salary.
For mba you can give eneterence like cat,mat,met and more......
Good luck
1st September 2011, 08:00 AM
sanju38121

Sir, it is better to go for the higher studies after b.tech you can go for the MBA due to the demand of industry after MBA you will feel a change from technical line to business line. Companies after MBA paid very attractive salary packages. So as per my view go for higher studies i.e MBA and explore your potential in this field.

All the best
regards.
21st May 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i completed my Btech in IT ....sujjest me what to do next i'm in full confusion...????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?