28th February 2012, 10:12 AM
Hardik Doshi

How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?

i am an engineering student, pursuing BE in civil engg.
its my first year and i want to become an ias officer. please tell me how do i prepare.
should i pursue any other bachelor degree and totally concentrate on ias preparation ?
Or prepare for ias along with engg.?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
  2. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  3. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to prepare for civil services examination right from 1st year of B.Tech.?
  5. How to become an IAS officer after pursuing B.E in Aeronautical Engineering
  6. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  7. How can I become an IAS officer after pursuing Physiotherapy? -- [New]
  8. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  9. How to prepare for Civil IAS after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  10. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in HR specialization?
  11. How to become an IAS officer after studying civil engineering?
  12. What should I choose between civil services and M.Tech after completing B.Tech in CSE?
  13. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
  14. What to do to become an IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Tech? Competitive books to prepare for IAS Exam?
  15. How to become an IAS officer while pursuing B.E? What kind of preparation is required?
  16. How to become an IPS officer after doing civil engineering? Books to be referred?
  17. What should I do to prepare for IAS exam? I am a Civil Engineering student
  18. How to become an IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year ECE?
29th February 2012, 06:08 PM
michael_scofield

Default Re: How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?

To become IAS officer first step is to complete your 12th standard,choose any stream in 11tg stream of your interests & then pass 11th & 12th standard respectively then go for graduation in any discipline form a recognized university/college.
After completing your graduation you will be eligible to appear in IAS exam.In IAS exam you will be ask to take any one optional subject for the tests. Following are the tests conducted by UPSC for IAS exam: -
>CSAT
>Mains
>Interview test
Here I am providing you complete data of paper types, total marks & list of optional subjects.

LIST OF PAPER.MARKS & OPTIONAL SUBJECTS

If you qualified CSAT then you have to appear for mains test & it is not easy to qualify so in order to qualify mains test you must follow the below chart:-

ELIGIBILITY
>You must be graduate in any discipline from a UGC recognized university & must score minimum 50% marks in graduation.
>No crime tag should be there on you
>Age limit is that a you must be 21-30 year's of age.
29th February 2012, 06:32 PM
michael_scofield

Default Re: How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?

hi,
yes you can choose any subjects after 10th.

eligibility for IAS officers:
you must have to graduate in recognized university.
your age must be between 21 to 30 yrs.
you must be indian.

best of luck!
2nd April 2012, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am ravindra dangi i want to ask you after 12th from which subject i should be graguat for becoming ias
10th April 2012, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to become an IAS after completing B.Tech in CSE?
7th August 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

civil servises after b.tech in IT??
29th October 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

I am a Structural engineer working in Bangalore,preparing for IAS exam,I Want study material,i.e., civil engineering (Optional Object).
Where, it is availble i don't know.Please Suggest me.

Thanks and Regards,
Kashiprabhu P S
31st October 2012, 03:56 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a Structural engineer working in Bangalore,preparing for IAS exam,I Want study material,i.e., civil engineering (Optional Object).
Where, it is availble i don't know.Please Suggest me.

Thanks and Regards,
Kashiprabhu P S

Dear Aspirant,

>> A candidate who have completed their Graduation Degree in any stream from recognized Universities are eligible for applying IAS Exam.....

>> Age of candidate should lie between 21 to 30 years, Relaxation is available for Reserved category as per Government Rule......

Subjects for IAS Exam:

~~~~~~~~~ Books for IAS Exam ~~~~~~~~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: G492
ISBN: 9789350751046
Author: Manoj Agarwal
Pages: 379
Price: 235/-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: G486
ISBN: 9789350750605
Author: Dr. Kumud Ranjan Singh
Pages: 755
Price: 345/-

Code: G488
ISBN: 9789350750629
Author: AD Sharma
Pages: 645
Price: 325/-

UPSC IAS Civil Seva (Mukhya )Pariksha Adhyaaywar Vyakhyatmak Prashnottri Samaaj Shastra (Paper I & II)
Code: G489
ISBN: 9789350750636
Author: PN Jha
Pages: 590
Price: 325/-

Code: G302
ISBN: 9789350750384
Author: Prem Shankar Jha
Pages: 214
Price: 145/-

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
31st October 2012, 10:35 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

If you want to become an IAS officer then you shouls have to apply for CSAT exam......

A candidate must haves completed their graduation degree......

age of candidate should be 21-30 years.....

A feneral category student can apply for 4 times and obc student can 7 times....

Exam pattern:

1.prelimanry exam
2.main exam
3.interview
1st January 2013, 01:24 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hello for preparing for IAS you need to study sincerely for 1 to 2 years for clearing out the prelim examination reading newspapers and going through the current books could be starting and most important thing for her IAS preparation
main examination point of view you need to be well focus and fundamentally strong on 1 of the optional subject that you will be choosing for the mains examination. it needs a lot of sincerity and dedication for cracking out this exam. going through the books of indian history and indian politics could be the main key too and for geography and economics ncert books are preferable
13th June 2013, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

AS I AM DOING CIVIL ENGINEERING SECOND YEAR I NEED TO PREPARE FOR IAS EXAM I WAS INTERESTED IN CIVIL ENGG ,GEOLOGY,INDIAN HISTORY,PLEASE GIVE ME SUGESTION SO THAT I CAN GET SUB RELATED MATERIALS
15th August 2013, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

i am a b.tech civil eng. final year student i want to ask,first of all i have appear in upsc exam ?
15th August 2013, 09:45 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You are pursuing BE in Civil Engineering right. In that case, it is not a good idea at all of opting for another bachelor degree course just for the sake of preparation towards IAS Exam.

My suggestion is to continue with your Engineering course and carry out preparation for IAS Exam also.

In order to be placed in IAS, one should have to crack the following selection procedure
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

In CSAT Exam, the questions will be asked from the following categories
General Awareness
Quantitative Aptitude
General English

In Civil Services Main Exam, you have to opt for one optional subject and questions will be from that subject only.

I suggest you to opt for Civil Engineering as the optional subject for Main Exam.

The eligibility criteria that is required for the candidates will be

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation course can also apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview

Age criteria :
21-30 years of age for the candidates of General category
21-33 years of age for the candidates of OBC category
21-35 years of age for the candidates of SC or ST category.

The competition will be too high for civil services exam.

So, don't compromise at all in your preparation towards this exam.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?