26th December 2010, 03:00 PM
oindrila bose

Studying BSc Geology : What should I choose after completing BSc if interested in Geology subject?

I am studying BSC (H) in Geology (third year). I want to build up my carrier in geology only. So my question is this what should be my future course of studies after completing my BSc?

27th December 2010, 04:47 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Studying BSc Geology : What should I choose after completing BSc if interested in Geology subject?

It would be advisable for you to first complete your graduation and then go in for the masters course. Thereafter you have the option to take a PH.d. Another option is to appear for the UGC NET or the UGG fellowship exam. This is depending on whether you would like to go into the research or the teaching profession.
17th January 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Studying BSc Geology : What should I choose after completing BSc if interested in Geology subject?

now i m doing bsc in geology. and i don't want to go in teaching prof. so just suggest me what should i do after completion of graduation
5th February 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

i have interest in BSc geology how much job apportunity is there after bsc geology? and where the job is available?
and how v can find this information?
17th March 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b.sc geology and now wanted to do m.sc geology, so plz tell me good colleges and their entrance exams notification
25th March 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

i am going b.sc geology ang i want to do hotel management after completing my graduation.is it possible.
2nd April 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

I completed B.sc physics,further i wish to persue M.sc in Applied geology,am i eligible to study.what kind of jobs are offered to this course.please suugest.
12th June 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in b.SC geology and I want to do M.tech in geology so what I do after completing my graduation in geology?
2nd July 2011, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

i have complite my bsc geology may i go to direct engenering it is possibal
13th July 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

How can we get job after Bsc(MPG)
21st July 2011, 08:45 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

If you want to build a career in Geology and have very much interest in the subject, then go for a post graduation degree i.e M.Sc in Geology.

After that you will get jobs as:

Geologists,
Meteorologists,
Geographers,
Oceanographers.

The areas or field where you may explore your talent are:

Petrology,
Paleontology,
Geophysics,
Mining,
Environmental Education,
Research,
Field Study.

You can try in the companies given below for getting job....because these are the best organizations which recruit Geology candidates....

Geological Survey of India (GSI),
GSPC,
Institute of Himalayan Geology,
National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI),
National Institute of Oceanography (NIO),
NMDC,
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC),
Oil India Limited (OIL),
Physical Research Laboratory (PRL),
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL),
Schlumberger.

So all the best!
1st August 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

is there any hope for a third class holder in Geology?
8th August 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

what to do after bsc geology ? what is the requirement for petrotech ?
29th August 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

sir,im sai keerthan,did my mechanical engineering from Osmania Univeristy affliated(CBIT),Hyderabad. please tell how to get into NGRI,since im more intersted in earth science.

Thankyou
29th August 2011, 06:39 PM
rana2011
Banned

It would be advisable for you to first complete your graduation and then go in for the masters course. Thereafter you have the option to take a PH.d. Another option is to appear for the UGC NET or the UGG fellowship exam. This is depending on whether you would like to go into the research or the teaching profession.

Thanks!!
29th August 2011, 08:05 PM
dhruv007

first of all you should complete your post graduation fom MSC in geology or MSC in geo physics these fields have enormous scope with very convincing salary package.
after that you have option of being of
geologist,
metereologist
geographer,
there are many companies in which you can get jobs are NTPC, ONGC BHEL, Geological Survey of India (GSI),
29th August 2011, 08:07 PM
dhruv007

first of all you should complete your post graduation fom MSC in geology or MSC in geo physics these fields have enormous scope with very convincing salary package.
after that you have option of being of
geologist,
metereologist
geographer,
there are many companies in which you can get jobs are NTPC, ONGC BHEL, Geological Survey of India (GSI),
2nd October 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

now I BSc in geology and I wanted to continue my MSc in geology again. so, which course is preferable among engineering,economic,hydrogeology,geochemistry,min ing?
9th December 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

will I be able to opt for msc geology after completing bsc physics?
30th December 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

is there any scope after doing bsc having physics as major and geology as general subject?
15th March 2012, 06:30 PM
kaveribiswas

Go for a post graduation degree i.e M.Sc in Geology.

After that you will get jobs as:

Geologists,
Meteorologists,
Geographers,
Oceanographers.

The areas or field where you may explore your talent are:

Petrology,
Paleontology,
Geophysics,
Mining,
Environmental Education,
Research,
Field Study.

You can try in the companies given below for getting job....because these are the best organizations which recruit Geology candidates....

Geological Survey of India (GSI),
GSPC,
NMDC,
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC),

Good luck...................
28th May 2012, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Is there any pvt jobs in this field?
16th June 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

my sister doing 2.......she takes history,geography,computer science,economics group.After completing 2 she wants to do b.sc geology or geography.....which course is useful to her......help me sir
25th July 2012, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

i completed diploma in petrochemical engineering in 2008 and I'm working in a private sector,
me and my friend decided to join BSc.geology or geography or environmental engineering course in distance education. How it is helpful to us in our future and what are the priorities we have to do?
Please any one help us
6th October 2013, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

i m studyig in BS geology . i want to know about future of a geologist in pakistan & in the world . please also inform me about minimum & maximum salary package of a geologist .
6th April 2014, 05:07 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope of mba after doing bsc(h)geology from delhi university.
19th June 2014, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

i am studying in bsc with geology; i want to give exam of iit jam , how i do preparation for it . Please suggest me on my email id [email protected]
13th August 2015, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage of mark should i secure in plustwo exam inorder to do bsc geology
14th August 2015, 02:45 PM
JSD.

It is good that you are doing your graduation degree course in geology field. It will be good to do the masters in same filed for increasing your value. You can go for the MSc in geology sector. As you are telling that you are interested towards the geology section so it will be really helpful for you in future to opt the MSc (geology)
18th February 2016, 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=oindrila bose;288147]I am studying BSC (H) in Geology (third year). I want to build up my carrier in geology only. So my question is this what should be my future course of studies after completing my BSc?
24th January 2022, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Am i going to be able to do geology after completing BSc (general)?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?