26th December 2010, 02:56 PM
Parveen Sayed

Can I join Shipping and Logistic course at the age of 36? Opportunities available after completing the course? Names of institutes offering these courses?

Hi,
I am going to be 36 in coming week I am very keen to now about shipping and logistic my question is :can I take shipping and logistic as a carrer at this age? what is the opportunity after doing shipping and logistic? The name of institute that offer these course in Mumbai?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Shipping and Logistics course at an age of 42? What are the opportunities available after completing the course? -- [New]
  2. What kind of opportunities are available after completing MSc Astrophysics? What would be the range of salary? Names of institutes offering the course?
  3. Courses available in Micriobiology after 12th? Names of the institutes offering the course in Microbiology after 12th?
  4. Names of the institutes offering Astrophysicist course?
  5. How to do a job in Logistics after doing MBA in Marketing from Mumbai university
  6. MBA courses in shipping and colleges offering such courses?
  7. Best Institutes for MBA in Shipping & Logistics? Career Prospects of this course?
  8. Any PG courses related to Maths after BSc Mathematics? Institutes offering the course?
  9. MD courses available after BAMS? Names of the institutes offering the course?
  10. Completed MBA in Shipping(Major) and Port and Logistic(Minor) Management course : What to do to get a good job?
  11. How to pursue integrated Ph.D course in research institute? Institutes offering such opportunities? Which are those institutes?
  12. Names of good coaching institutes in Bangalore for IES exam?
  13. How can i join Journalism after completing B.Com with 70%? Courses offering institutes for journalism?
  14. Where to get application forms to join Police Service being a candidate of pursuing BBM with Shipping & Logistics?
  15. Can a seafarer with captain licence pursue MBA in shipping? Names of the institutes conducting MBA?
  16. What are the courses in Microbiology after 12th?Names of institutes offering courses in Microbiology after 12th?
  17. How can I join journalism after completing B.Com with 60% course?
  18. Which branches come under Microbiology? Names of the institutes offering the course?
14th January 2011, 12:30 AM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Shipping and Logistic course at the age of 36? Opportunities available after completing the course? Names of institutes offering these courses?

Indian Maritime University offers courses in:

1. Port and Shipping Management
2. Logistics and Supply Chain Management

There is no age limit.
Career prospect is good as there are very few qualified people in this field.
14th January 2011, 07:04 PM
nuzhat fathima

Default Re: Can I join Shipping and Logistic course at the age of 36? Opportunities available after completing the course? Names of institutes offering these courses?

hi
AMET University at Chennai offers wide range of marine courses to seafarers and to those who want to be seafarers.
* B.SC., Nautical Science
* B.E., Marine Engineering
* GME: Graduate Mechanical Engineering
* B.E., Naval Architecture & Offshore Engineering
* B.E., Petroleum & Offshore Engineering
* B.E., Harbour Engineering & Offshore Technology
* B.E., Electrical & Electronics Engineering – Marine
* B.E., Electronics & Communications Engineering – Marine
* B.E., Applied Marine Information Technology and Communications
* B.B.M., Shipping
* HND Marine Engineering (U.K)
* HND Nautical Science (U.K)
* M.B.A., Shipping & Logistics Management
* M.B.A., Shipping Finance
* M.B.A., Marine Human Resource Management
* M.B.A., Cruise Ship Hospitality Management
* M.Sc., Marine Bio-Technology
* M.Sc., Fleet Operations Management
* M.Tech., Marine Engineering Management
15th January 2011, 02:10 PM
pankajpk.601

yes ofcorse u can join shipping course in merchant navy and can earn 15000-30000 for detail cotact djshipping.com
4th February 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

What subjebt do u need 2 have?how lng does it take 2 finish this course and how much is it?
7th February 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

sir i am finest mba general and i am doing project in marketing now my age is 29 now working in pvt company any posible to shipping logistic i am intersted in work with shipping logisitic what can i do any course available where is ? pls inform
7th February 2011, 01:04 PM
sar_mba07

sir i am finest mba genarel.my project work in marketing. my age is 29, i am intersted in work with shiping logisitics,now i am working in one pvt company. ..what can i do . any course runing are any other? pls inform sir
8th February 2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

sir i am worked in logistics and transport 2yrs any posible to join that expreance and my qulification
9th February 2011, 10:38 AM
sar_mba07

Post Re: Can I join Shipping and Logistic course at the age of 36? Opportunities available after completing the course? Names of institutes offering these courses?

sir i am finest mba genarel.my project work in marketing. my age is 29, i am intersted in work with shiping logisitics,now i am working in one pvt company. ..what can i do . any course runing are any other? pls inform sir
21st March 2011, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

i am 10th pass joining seeping course
25th April 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

i am going for post graduate diploma in shipping and logisticand my age is 27 is this suitable for my future.
27th April 2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am 36 years old and B A GRADUATE ,now working in one of the shiping industry, are there any courses to do externally?.send me details about courses and theire fees. [email add -- [email protected]]
thanking you,
18th July 2011, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

can i do correspondance mba in shipping &log. mangmt.? kindly reply with universities.
18th July 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

My self Dharmender, I have done Pre-Sea Training fro T.S.Rehman Institute in Mumbai as a "deck cadet", i have Indian CDC ,with Passport, I have also sail in gulf 4 month, after this i have left this now around 6 years passed, can i join in same field again,
now my age is 29 years, could it possible for me to go in this field, or please tell me which co. can oofer, for this post, or, can i go though any agent , please mail me

[email protected]
18th July 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

i ma dharmender
22nd July 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parveen Sayed View Post
Hi,
I am going to be 36 in coming week I am very keen to now about shipping and logistic my question is :can I take shipping and logistic as a carrer at this age? what is the opportunity after doing shipping and logistic? The name of institute that offer these course in Mumbai?

YOu can join this course at any time ... no age barrier...
13th August 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

sir,myself samidha.I want to know more about shipping job for women.and for shipping job which cource i join because i am ready to challenge for my career in ship so please give me suggestion
26th August 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

sir,I have compldted my graduation from commarce background this year, I want to know which is the best course for me to do in the future either g.p rating course of merchant navy ,mba in port managemen,mba in shipping management or some other course,please reply soon as I am vesy confused,my email id is [email protected] my no.9800381663
15th October 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

I am now 33 yrs old...can i join ship now as a ordinary seaman(O.S.)...is there any private institute for pre-sea training at the age of 36.....

Sanjay Kumar
7th November 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

give me full detail information of merchant navy thanku
1st December 2011, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

i am karthik age of 30,did MBA in marketing and HR in the year 2004, i have interest to work in shipping areas, can i do any course in shipping with good job opportunity
10th December 2011, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir, iam studying final yr in bba in tourisam and travel mangement ,can i join in mba in shipping and portmangement how much scope is there after completing.
22nd April 2013, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

I have done my bcom few yrs ago nw wanted to know the shipping & logistic course can i take it as career..what is the duration of this course? Awating for revert..
26th May 2013, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I join shipping and logistics course after Xth std
25th April 2015, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

I completed 10th standard ,I would like to join in the Marin course , can you please tell me what are the steps in this course to join
17th August 2015, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

I am 40 years old. Can i join for a diploma course in logistic? Will i get any opportunity?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?