1st January 2011, 05:08 PM
tan7

Which subject to choose for UPSC exam if I am from computer field?

now m studying in computer field...which subject shud i choose for upsc exam...as i hv came into conclusion dat there is no computer subject in IES..plz reply..

6th September 2011, 09:14 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose for UPSC exam if I am from computer field?

Yes that is true what you concluded that there is no special branch for Computers as

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

So you can choose any subject which is nearby to your subject.You can choose Electronics & Communications Engineering and try to prepare some basics of Electronics & Communications Engineering.
6th September 2011, 12:53 PM
Tulasinagababu

Select RIGHT set of optional subject … a Strategic Decision in UPSC preparation

Read these Critical Parameters & Analyze:

Download PDF file ( 96 KB ) : A RIGHT Set of optional subjects ( Think & Analyze these parameters effectively ).

First Optional Subject – Focus on Prelim and Main both simultaneously.

Second Optional Subject – Focus on Main Only.

to be eligible for becoming IAS officer the candiate must be possess a degree from an india university or equivalent qualification. those in the final year of degree course can also appear in the preliminary examination.
the candidate must have attained the age 21 year on 1st august the year of examination and must not have attained 30 year of age on that date.

so u can do bsc with computer science but the 2nd paper of that does not contain computer as optional subject than
for optional subject yo ucan go for maths
so all the best for your future
6th September 2011, 01:06 PM
Aninkanti

Dear friend very good news that you are going to apper at UPSC service.

For IES your following eligibiliti have need:

Educational Qualification:
degree in:
**Electrical Engineering
**Electronics & Communications Engineering
**Civil Engineering
*Mechanical Engineering

Age limit:
Minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years.for genarel and obc
and for SC/ST upperage relixion 5 years.

In my opinion it will be better for you if you choose Electronics & Communications Engineering as a subject.

Best of luck!
6th September 2011, 02:40 PM

Dear friend,
For the IES examination the educational qualification will be the following one
electrical, electronics, civil and mechanical engineering or an equivalent degree from a recognised universities........
6th September 2011, 02:43 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Dear student,

-subjects like public administration and history is a great combination for the mains exam. Besides these two subjects you could also consider psychology (in combination with any one from history and public administration). There is no subject related to computer science in the list of optional subjects

- if you want to start studying from right now, i suggest you could start with regularly reading newspapers (the hindu, toi) and magazines (competition success review, pratiyogita darpan) as a habit. If you have more time available with you, then you may subscribe to our general studies study material (not any optional subject yet) and start going through it at your own pace and leisure.

You could choose any two subjects out of geography, psychology, public administration/political science and sociology.as different people have different learning pattern, retention power, memory, iq, determination, work schedule, etc.

All the best.
7th September 2011, 04:48 PM
saugata2008

The eligibility criteria for UPSC exam -

1. qualification -
four or three years degree course in Electrical ,Mechanical,civil,Electronics and communication .

2.Age limit = 21 to 30 years for general .
For sc/st candidates relaxation of 5 years .
For obc candidates relaxation of 3 years .

So I will suggest you to go with the subject of degree course .That means of you have completed your degree with electrical then go with electrical ,don't try to switch .

Thank you
30th November 2011, 11:18 PM
litunu

Download PDF file ( 96 KB ) : A RIGHT Set of optional subjects ( Think & Analyze these parameters effectively ).

First Optional Subject – Focus on Prelim and Main both simultaneously.

Second Optional Subject – Focus on Main Only.

to be eligible for becoming IAS officer the candiate must be possess a degree from an india university or equivalent qualification. those in the final year of degree course can also appear in the preliminary examination.
the candidate must have attained the age 21 year on 1st august the year of examination and must not have attained 30 year of age on that date.
16th December 2011, 02:22 PM
chint123

subjects like public administration and history is a great combination for the mains exam. Besides these two subjects you could also consider psychology (in combination with any one from history and public administration). There is no subject related to computer science in the list of optional subjects
if you want to start studying from right now, i suggest you could start with regularly reading newspapers (the hindu, toi) and magazines (competition success review, pratiyogita darpan) as a habit. If you have more time available with you

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?