1st January 2011, 11:26 PM
lelin.acharya

How to do M.Tech in Aerospace or Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

Hello Everyone,
I'm doing BTech final year in Electronics and Communication engineering. Can anyone tell me how can I do MTech in Aerospace or Astrophysics ?

2nd January 2011, 08:32 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to do M.Tech in Aerospace or Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

For MTech in Aerospace or Astrophysics you need to have a First class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation or allied branches are eligible for admission to specific specializations of Aerospace Engineering,and also they should have valid GATE score in disciplines to take admission in top colleges like IIT's and other universities...............

Different specializations of Aerospace Engineering are:--
  • Astrophysics
  • Aerodynamics
  • Aerospace Propulsion
  • Aerospace Structure
2nd January 2011, 11:34 AM
rohitbhugra

Default Re: How to do M.Tech in Aerospace or Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelin.acharya View Post
Hello Everyone,
I'm doing BTech final year in Electronics and Communication engineering. Can anyone tell me how can I do MTech in Aerospace or Astrophysics ?
it is better if you do it from iist by simply filling its form.
2nd January 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to do M.Tech in Aerospace or Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

In which manner online GATE exam for M E avionics is conducting
2nd January 2011, 02:20 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

The best way is that you can either write Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) which will be conducted in the month of jan-feb of every year and get placed in top institutions like IITs or write common entrance test conducted by Anna University in the month of may-june for admissions to M.E/MTech courses.
2nd January 2011, 07:10 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi dude

1)M.Tech in Aerospace or Astrophysics can done by

*Bachelor degree in Engineering or Physics

*You should appear for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering GATE and every state will conduct entrance Exam Exam for M.Tech Appear for that,you can also appear for TANCET.

*If you interested in Doing Aboard , Best Country for Engineering is Germany and you should have good score in Graduate Record Examination GRE

Best of luck for M.Tech in Aerospace it has very good Scope
2nd January 2011, 09:40 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
The best institutions for M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering are nothing but IITs.
The only one way of getting admission to the M.Tech. programs in IITs is
GATE. If you have applied for GATE this year and you clear the cutoff which is
generally 95 percentile (which may vary according to programs), you would
be eligible to apply for the course.
The Electronics and Communication engineers are eligible for following MTech
programs.
AE1- Aerospace Engineering
GATE Paper must be AE,CE,ME or XE

AM1- Applied Mechanics
GATE Paper must be AE,CE,CH,CS,EC,EE,IN,ME,MT or XE

CS1- Computer Science Engineering
GATE Paper must be CS

EE1- Electrical Engineering - Communication Systems
GATE Paper must be EC

EE2- Electrical Engineering - Power Systems and Power Electronics
GATE Paper must be EE

EE3- Electrical Engineering - Micro Electronics and VLSI Design
GATE Paper must be EC

EE4- Electrical Engineering - Control and Instrumentation
GATE Paper must be either EC,EE or IN

If you want to take admission in MTech in Aerospace Engineering and
You are from EC background then you will have to appear GATE with anyone
of the subjects Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering,
and Engineering Mathematics.
There are some other courses in Manufacturing engineering and solid state
technology to which you can apply and selection is done one the basis of
suitability test and interview.

Note:
Here the abbreviations used are as follow:
AE- Aerospace Engineering
EC- Electronics and communication
EE- Electrical Engineering
XE- Engineering Mathematics
IN- Instrumentation Engineering
CS- Computer Science Engineering.

For any further details you can visit: http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/
2nd January 2011, 11:28 PM
yajvendra

Dear friend
As i know if you want to do M.Tech in Aerospace then you should have your bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering. As i know you complete your B.Tech in Electronics and communication so you can not apply for M.Tech in Aerospace.
good luck......
3rd January 2011, 12:41 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to do M.Tech in Aerospace or Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
for doing mtech in aerospace or astrophyics u have to be first make it eligible by completing ur btech with 60% or above marks because most of the institute do not have such type of courses only better institutes have.
so for doing aerospace and astrophyics u have to fill out the gate form and get a valid score in gate to get out selected in iit or any other better institute.
best of luck.
3rd January 2011, 12:52 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: How to do M.Tech in Aerospace or Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
Dear friend you can apply for that course after completeing the b.tech course...
minimum 60% marks required and a valid GATE score or rank...
19th January 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

I am appearing last year in B.E. Computer
i want to appear in gate mathematics
am i eligible for that or not???r
13th February 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

hi everyone, i am doing final year b.tech EEE. i want to do m.tech in astrophysics. can i write gate physics paper and do m.tech through that. please give suggestions.
27th February 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering(CSE).How can I persue my carrier in M. Tech in astrophysics,aerospace,astronomy??Does it have any chance abroad ??
11th March 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

i completed my B.tech in Electronics and communication. now i want 2 do M.tech in aerospace. is it possible 4r me. if possible tell me the path
15th March 2011, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

presently i m doing b.tech in instrumentattion and control eng. can i do m.tech in aerospace engineering after this?
15th April 2011, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Can we do M. Tech in Aerospace or Astrohysics after B.Tech in Computer engineering...?
15th April 2011, 10:12 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

For MTech in Aerospace or Astrophysics you need to have a First class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation or allied branches are eligible for admission to specific specializations of Aerospace Engineering,and also they should have valid GATE score in disciplines to take admission in top colleges like IIT's and other universities...............

Different specializations of Aerospace Engineering are:--

* Astrophysics
* Aerodynamics
* Aerospace Propulsion
* Aerospace Structure
27th April 2011, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

I have offer letter from both IISc and IIT Bonbay for aerospace engineering MTech. As of now I m not interested in research. I m confused which college to pick. Please help me. Reply asap
27th April 2011, 04:18 PM
prithvi.aero

sir
I have got offer letter from IISc and IITB for Mtech in Aerospace. I m not that intereseted in research now. They tell IISc has very less placement opportunities as most of them are interested in research activities. I reside in Bangalore. I m confused which one to choose. Please help me in this regard.
19th May 2011, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

hello,
i am doing my final year in computer science engineering.is there a chance for me to do m.tech in astrophysics and achieve my phd as well as to becme an astrophysicist
20th May 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

how can we in the field of cosmology after completing b.tech from civil engineering?
26th May 2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

How to do M.Tech in
Aerospace or Astrophysics
after completing B.Tech in
computer science engineering?
31st May 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello everyone... my position is confusing. I've heard that after b.tech, one can go for astrophysics via GATE, GRE etc. i missed qualifying for iit. For theoretical astrophysics, what are best institutes?
29th June 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

dont do aeronautical engineering other than IIT`S .....it is not only my opinion ....it is the answer, where ever you ask an aero student from anna university.......
18th September 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Hi everyone..
im doing my btech(electronics and communication engineering)m interested in doing mtech in astrophysics.so to appear GATE xam,what subject do i prefer??m really confused..plz do help me..
4th December 2011, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

i am a first year computer engineering student and i wish to do my career in astronomy,what should i do?
3rd January 2012, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Please let me know if I can do Mtech in Astrophysics after doing Btech in computer science engineering . Please let me know asap .
9th February 2012, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

I did my B.Tech in Telecommunication Egineering, can I choose Aerospace/Astrophysics as my field of study for M.E/M.Tech ?
8th March 2012, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

Do i have chance to study M.E. OR M.S. Degree in Aerospace or Astrophysics after completing B.E. in Electrical and electronics?
28th April 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

I am M.Sc physics degree holder.May I eligible to do master degree in space technology.please suggest me..
16th September 2012, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Hello guyz,
i'm right now persuin 3rd year in mechanical engineerin..i wud like to apply for mtech in astrophysics o astronomy and later on for research fields related for cosmology..so wat wud be the possible aspects for me to do right now?...plz guide me in this,i'm seriously confused
27th June 2013, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

sir,i'm right now persuin 3rd year in cse i would like to apply for mtech inaeronauticalengineer what can i do? pls., give me a suggetions
9th July 2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

pls let me know ,whether i can do MS in aerospace after BE in electronics and communication or IT , MY e mail [email protected] pls reply
11th August 2013, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

good morning,everyone,

I am in msc final sem. With mathematics.
can I do M.Tec in aerospace engineering. And a person who has done his m.sc with pure mathematics,can do M.Tec in aerospace engineering?

With regards
Niraj Kumar
31st March 2014, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

is it sensible to do an msc in astrophysics after completing your b tech in computer science..?
2nd January 2018, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Sir can I do MSC astrophysics after btech aeronautical or aerospace engineering. I am now in12th. I am doing this because of my financial problems .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?