5th April 2012, 01:11 AM
Ranjitha kashyap

Is there any crash courses related to biotech field?

i'm final year BSc biotech student from bangalore university, i have 1 subject back of 3rd sem... is their any crash courses related to biotech field... plz suggest some courses for me.

Related Questions:
  1. List of courses available in India after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Is this possible to do courses related to Pharmacy or Cosmetics?
  2. Which country is best for PG Biotech?
  3. Career prospects in Biotechnology after 12th -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Jobs available in Mumbai after BSc Microbiology?
  5. Is there any preference for BT stream over XL stream during admissions in M.tech in biotech?
  6. Courses that I can do in 1 year period while having 2 backlogs in last year Civil Year Diploma?
  7. Institutes or colleges which offer training to Biotech gradates related to Pharmacy?
  8. Is there any course available which I can do related to my field?
  9. What are courses available for me research field after completing final year BSc Biotech in 3rd semester?
  10. Courses related to IT or other good courses after passing BSc Biotech?
  11. How to get a job in biotech field after passing MSc Biotechnology?
  12. What to do next having completed diploma after clearing 10 backs?
  13. Colleges offering MSc in Biotech and related field? Syllabus and also date of submitting the application forms?
  14. Where can I get a job after completing B.Tech in Biotech? How much salary will I get?
  15. What course should I join after B.E Biomedical? Are there any PG courses related to my field except M.Tech and M.E?
  16. What kind of job should I try after completing BSc Biotech, MSc Biotech, M.Tech in Biotech and Ph.D in the field of cancer?
  17. Is it possible to study Integrated MBA-MS or M.Tech-MS course in Abroad?
  18. Which particular courses should i choose after 12th from commerce side? -- [New]
23rd July 2012, 11:19 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any crash courses related to biotech field?

hello,
One of the turning points of modern science was the advent of genetic engineering.Recombinant DNA technology facilitated this.The term „r ecombinant DNA‟refers to the joining or recombining genetic material from two different sources. This happenssometimes in nature, and is desirable because it results in an increase genetic variation.However, recombinant DNA can also be made artificially, in the laboratory. This wasfirst made possible by the discovery of restriction enzymes. Restriction enzymesallowed scientists to cut DNA into small, well-defined pieces that were easy to workwith. The pieces can be visualized using a technique known as gel electrophoresis, inwhich DNA molecules are separated by size. Another key technology was the ability to amplify DNA via PCR (short for “polymerasechain reaction”). Thispowerful molecular biology technique specifically amplifies asingle or a few copies of a piece of DNA by several orders of magnitude, generatingthousands to millions of copies of a particular DNA sequence. It was developed in the1980s and is now one of the most widely-used technologies in biotech. It is used both inconstructing recombinant DNA and also for exploration of genetics and genomics.In this crash course we will cover DNA structure & function, and get hands-on training inthe major techniques of biotechnology including the use of enzymes to cut and spliceDNA, PCR, gel electrophoresis, and inserting foreign DNA into bacteria. The twoprojects we will complete are 1) using mitochondrial DNA from our cheek cells to do agenotyping experiment related to ancestry and 2) genetic engineering of the bacteriumE. coli.
30th March 2013, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

i hv done bsc microbiology but with one backlog of sy bsc sem 1 chemistry 1 . is there any course pls suggest.
22nd December 2013, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

do u have anyinformation related to MBA in hospital and health care management course? Can I opt for this course after TYBSC biotech??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?