11th January 2011, 05:12 PM
UJJWAL PATEL

Is there any scope in Biotechnology Course?

hello
after my 12 science {biology}
i am thinking for bio tech. is there any value of it

Related Questions:
  1. What is the further scope in Biotechnology? Can a student with 75% join Biotechnology?
  2. B.Sc(genetics or biotechnology) or BE(biotechnology): Course with better scope for getting a job?
  3. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology?
  4. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the scope of MBA biotechnology?
  6. Scope in food biotechnology & bioprocessing
  7. Scope in Biotechnology Field after M.Tech in Biotechnology?
  8. Is it necessary to do M.Tech. to get a good job just after B.Tech. in biotechnology? What is the scope of biotechnology studies?
  9. Integrated course in M.Tech (Biotechnology) from JNU? Syllabus? Career options and scope of biotechnology in India?
  10. Is there any scope for Biotechnology in India?
  11. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
  12. What is the scope of Biotechnology after MSc in Biotechnology? How much is the package?
  13. Detailed information and scope of B.Sc(Biotechnology) course? Can I get good salary after completing B.Sc(Biotechnology)? -- [New]
  14. Information about vacancies in BSNL JTO(Telecom) and BSNL JTO(Electrical)?
  15. MS in biotechnology programme after Msc Biotechnology: Colleges, Eligibility, Scope, Admission procedures?
  16. Scope after completing Diploma in Biotechnology? Expected salary and best steps to be taken?
  17. What is the scope in Biotechnology?
  18. Scope of B.Sc. in Biotechnology course? Job opportunities after this course?
16th January 2011, 02:07 AM
anncie10

Default Re: Is there any scope in Biotechnology Course?

Hi there,

Bio technology is indeed a very good course, which you can apply for. Regarding the scope , yes there is a wide scope for bio technologists, but very few know about it. With my experience i can tell you that this is one course which will take you to heights once you love it and start it with a serious note. But beware in selecting the right college for studying the course. ANNA university is a good option, placement opportunities are also immense .

But please do not try to stop with UG alone do your PG also , which will give you an added advantage and get you job opportunities abroad. In addition if you could write the CSIR exams and qualify , who knows you could hit the newspapers as the next researcher who has invented something new( apart from BT - COTTON AND BRINJAL).

If you really have the flare for BIOLOGY then you can pursue this course.
If in case you have a flare for technology and Biology then i suggest you opt for BI-INFORMATICS course. it is a wise option and australia is in dire need of such bio informaticians.
16th February 2011, 09:13 PM
sonalgoel1

Smile Re: Is there any scope in Biotechnology Course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJJWAL PATEL View Post
hello
hello,
biotechnology being a new field is not known to many people but it is expected to have a wide scope in the coming future. but one should go in for masters after completing the graduation in this field as it will provide them with better job opportunities and salary. Talking about the job opportunities ,people are absorbed by the companies indulged in petrol bodies,food,bio insstruments etc.

wishing you good luck ahead
23rd February 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope after cmplyng msc biotechnology from jawahar lal university...
15th April 2011, 05:45 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Hi,
Bio technology is indeed a very good course, which you can apply for. Regarding the scope , yes there is a wide scope for bio technologists, but very few know about it. With my experience i can tell you that this is one course which will take you to heights once you love it and start it with a serious note. But beware in selecting the right college for studying the course. ANNA university is a good option, placement opportunities are also immense .
But please do not try to stop with UG alone do your PG also , which will give you an added advantage and get you job opportunities abroad. In addition if you could write the CSIR exams and qualify , who knows you could hit the newspapers as the next researcher who has invented something new( apart from BT - COTTON AND BRINJAL).

Thanks.
7th June 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

can any body tel me that if anybody join in a company say like a software company(infosys for eg) after studin biotech ,,,wat wil be the salary???
17th July 2011, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

i would say its a crap...............my kind sugg is dnt get in to biotech.
i hav finishd my masters in biotech from uk, lukg fr jobs frm a yr. and te fresher pay would start from 10,000-13,000.
i m sayg tis becoz i hav grad from loyola, i would say my seniors, juniours, and my batch (120 students)...only 10-15 people hav got placed in biotech companies.....
biotech is a new industry, and wen te recession hit tre wre no funds for new companies to start.

dnt belive anyone who say biotech is good.....its good only wit phd.
18th September 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Iam doing bsc in biotechnology ,i have good marks in my exams, i would like to go for post graduation please guide me to good college having placements.
16th January 2012, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Is biotech really worthy to study ??????
14th May 2012, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJJWAL PATEL View Post
hello
please do not ever think of it.
pls join some other course.
May be B Pharma would be a better option.
There is absolutely null value.
28th May 2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I m right now in 12th n want to know whether biotechnology is a great field to work in & is there scope by studying it?also please mention some names of colleges for biotechnology.
16th June 2012, 05:39 AM
Unregistered

i am 12th finise my mark in 686 ...then i get b tech biotecnology ...i dnt now in biotechnology...pls tel him ..biotechnology value or not value ?...
2nd August 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

biotechnology is a good course or not ?
2nd August 2012, 11:06 PM
bhargavipooja

Thumbs up Re: Is there any scope in Biotechnology Course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
biotechnology is a good course or not ?
[SIZE=5][SIZE=5]hi friend,

job opportunities after the study of Biotechnology....
* You can go for M.Sc Biotech
* You can go for MBA Biotech'
* You can find many more job opportunities in Research field as well as Labratories etc..
* You can go for Environmental Industries as well as Agricultural Industries
It also provides employment opportunities in research, marketing and production in the fields like medicine and healthcare, animal husbandry, agriculture and environment industry.
Biotechnology combines the molecular biology and agenetic to create improved agricultural products, food animal feed, industrial materials and medicines. The following are the factors that are responsible for increasing career scope for biotechnologists.
The biotechnologists have a great scope in the research laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, and agricultural, chemical and allied industries.

ALL THE BEST...

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
16th August 2012, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

crap course..u will hve study n study..whn cme 2 jobs..no jobs..only teaching..go 4 othr..
21st March 2014, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

How much scope is there in Biotechnology? And from where shall I do my UG and PG? Please help !
23rd March 2014, 09:57 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you have completed your 12th class in Life Sciences and want to go for Higher studies.

I appreciate your interest in opting for Biotechnology course.

Biotechnology deals with the study of advanced techniques to develop human beneficial products.

Biotechnology is not developed upto the mark in India.

The candidates who have completed Biotechnology at Graduation and Post Graduation level are still struggling to get job opportunities.

I have seen the candidates who are waiting for years of time to get good job opportunities in the field of Biotechnology.

Even though they get, they are getting a salary of 10k-15k per month.

However in other countries, there are good number of job opportunities for the candidates of Biotechnology.

If your very interest is Biotechnology, then plan it from abroad so that you can gain good subject knowledge and practical knowledge.

Directly in the abroad itself, I suggest you to try for job opportunities.

If you are not economically strong, then don't go for Biotechnology and you can opt for the following courses like
MBBS
BDS
B-Pharmacy
Homeopathy etc.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?