16th April 2012, 09:39 PM
mprithv

Should I take MCA or MSc IT? I am a B.Com graduate

Hi...

I did course on Hardware, Networking and Linux... now I am interested in Linux environment.... basically I am Bcom graduate now wanted to do some academic course... now I m confused which course should I take either MCA or MSc IT... I believe MCA gives more opportunity than MSc... Pls suggest.

26th April 2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I take MCA or MSc IT? I am a B.Com graduate

i am a B.com graduate from andhra university may i know the Msc IT course details and colleges in vizag
26th April 2012, 04:02 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
friend you are give the full details of what group in 12th standard.

You can have compulsory mathematics in 12th standard.

Eligibility criteria:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate complete the graduation with any stream from a recognized university.

But you have compulsory mathematics in 12th standard.

All the best.
29th April 2012, 02:42 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

HI....

You want to join in MCA or MSC(IT) you have maths as a main subject in +2 level
ELIGIBILITY:
Complete graduation from any recognized university.
No age limit for this exam.
Candidate should be a citizen of india
Maths as a main subject in +2 level.

BEST OF LUCK...
26th May 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

if i have statistic in 12th then should i apply?
16th July 2012, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

i am postgraduation of saurastrs university and addmition to msc it course of gujarat university
15th December 2012, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

im a B.com graduate student ,but i was not maths student .....is there any chance go for MCA.
15th December 2012, 08:26 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are absolutely right. Master of Computer Applications offers better and more opportunities in comparison with M.Sc IT. If you want to do M.Sc then select Computer Science stream for the post graduation not IT.

Although the best option would be Master of Computer Applications. But to pursue that you must have Maths as a subject in either 12th standard or graduation. Otherwise it would be difficult for you to take admission for MCA. The MCA course is related to the following fields:

Programming Languages

Application Software

System Management

Hardware Technology

Networking

Eligibility

1. Must have completed graduation from a recognized university.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. Maths should be one of the subjects in 12th or graduation.

Even if you did not had Maths in 12th and graduation, there are colleges that would still offer you admission for MCA. However there are very few such colleges in the country.

After completing MCA you can apply for job in IT sector. The job would depend on your performance throughout the academic career.

Which means that IT companies will evaluate your marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and post graduation before offering the job. Top IT companies need candidate to have at least 60 percent marks throughout the academic career for job.
15th December 2012, 11:37 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I take MCA or MSc IT? I am a B.Com graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprithv View Post
Hi...

I did course on Hardware, Networking and Linux... now I am interested in Linux environment.... basically I am Bcom graduate now wanted to do some academic course... now I m confused which course should I take either MCA or MSc IT... I believe MCA gives more opportunity than MSc... Pls suggest.
Hi

First of all I would say you have deviated from your graduation study..You had done your graduation in the B.Com and now you are showing your interest in the Computer studies. This is good because computers is a growing and very interesting field, but then you are wasting the graduation knowledge of yours. This is what I would point out first.

Secondly I would like to state, that M.Sc is a full time 2 years course, but the MCA - Masters in Computer Application is a full time 3 years post graduation course. Its much much better if you compare it with the M.Sc studies..
I don't know if you know or not, but a BCA+MCA candidate is almost considered equivalent or even more than a Computer Science Engineer. This is so because of the quality of course that BCA + MCA has..

So I would recommend that you can easily take up MCA course, but make sure that you had Mathematics as a subject either in your Higher Secondary or in your graduation as its one of the minimum criteria's to take up that course. Another one is that you should be a minimum graduate from a recognized university. You cannot do MCA simultaneously.

Just to get the MCA course details, Click Here..

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?