23rd April 2012, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Basic qualification required to appear for PSU exam?

I want to know what are the basic qualification i.e. percentage of marks etc is required for apprering psu exams.

10th August 2012, 12:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Basic qualification required to appear for PSU exam?

The eligibility criteria required for PSU exams vary from company to company. It is mainly depended on the post available in the firms. Most of the PSU companies require graduation as minimum qualification for screening test. Candidates are required to score a minimum of 60% marks to apply for jobs in companies such as HAL, NTPC etc. Public sector banks require graduation with 50% marks for officer post and higher secondary with first class marks for clerical cadre. Candidates belonging to reserved category can avail a maximum of 5% relaxation in terms of marks so as to be eligible.
15th October 2012, 08:46 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Basic Qualifications required to appear for PSU Exams are :

* You must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university.

* You must have completed your graduation with a minimum of 60% marks.

* You must have no any pending backlogs in your graduation.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
16th January 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 12 and i does not know to become a ias ips dsp
17th January 2013, 12:46 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertaking. This is the name given to companies that are controlled by the government. The government owns at least 51 percent stake in each of such companies.

There are well over 150 Public Sector Undertakings in India. Each hires B.Tech graduates. They conduct on campus placement to hire B.Tech graduates. But apart from that they also issues notifications regarding the entrance exam.

Each Public Sector Undertaking conducts their separate entrance exam. Unfortunately there is no common entrance exam. What you need to do is check the notification of a certain company and see whether there are vacancies for engieering graduates of your stream. Depending on that you should apply for it.

The selection process in Public Sector Undertaking includes a written test which is followed by a interview. However some public sector undertakings have replaced written test with GATE entrance exam. Therefore it would be good if you appear for GATE entrance exam as well.

PSU Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. A B.Tech/B.E. degree from a recognized university.

3. At least 60 percent marks.

4. There is no relaxation for reserve category.

5. There should be no pending backlogs.

6. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

7. Upto 3 years relaxation for OBC.

8. Five years relaxation for SC/ST.

List of PSU

NALCO

BHEL

GAIL

SAIL

ECIL

Coal India

ISRO

DRDO

HAL

BEL

Indian Railways

IOCL

ONGC

BPCL

HPCL
14th June 2013, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Basic qualification required to appear for PSU exam?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2070497]I want to know what are the basic qualification i.e. percentage of marks etc is required for apprering psu exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?