18th January 2011, 04:07 PM
pvsl1410

Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D?

Hi,

I am a BSc (comp) graduate currently pursuing MSc IT from Sikkim Manipal University in distant mode. After completing this, I would like to do Phd. I want to know if one has to have MPhil also as eligibility criteria in order to do Phd. Please let me know and also suggest if doing MTech will help me in any way before I do Phd.

Thanks

18th January 2011, 06:49 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D?

I would suggest you to go for job after M.Sc.Becuase you will already be highly qualified after that to get a respaective post.
If you are interested in doing M.Tech than you will be required to prepare for GATE exam.
After completing your M.Sc you will be eligible for doing PhD.
Also M.Phil is not an requiremnet to do PhD.
18th January 2011, 07:33 PM
kengkora

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D?

No its not must, you can do MPhil it will boost your research work in Phd, My opinion is that if you want to do Phd then directly go for it after completing your MSc, instead of doing Mphil or M.Tech you can use your time in research and thesis writing.
6th February 2011, 10:24 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

I think after doing M.Sc you can directly apply for Phd program if you have enough marks in your masters degree.

Doing M.Tech again is not necessary in this case. That is it won't be helpful much for Phd.

So apply for a Phd.

All the best!!
28th February 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

I have done Bsc.IT (82%) from sikkim manipal university in distance education,what will be better for me MCA OR MSC.IT because I"LL have to do Phd in IT. so,after MCA or MSC.IT in distance mode can I pursue my career for PHD in computer science. or I'll have to do M.Phil OR M.TECH first then I can pursue Phd.(since I 'll pursue in distance education)

kindly send reply on email id -- [email protected]
3rd March 2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

hi,
this is sharan i have done BCA with 52% and pursuing MCA with 71%. i want to do ph d in computers. what is the criteria?
28th March 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

hi,
this is rupesh i have done Bcom, i wants to information about MScIT can i do it. i am doing 2 years course of hardware and networking ccna, rech and mcse. pleae reply on rupesh [email protected].
29th March 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

I am science graduate and after A level from DOACCE I am doing msc.IT from ptu distance education. I want to do PHD in IT from PTU distance education is it possible.
9th April 2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

I am working lecturer in B.C.A depatment in arts college.my qualification is B.Sc(physics).,PGDCA.,MCA(LE)(weekend).,M.phil(CS) . in manonmanium sundaranar university.my salary is very low.my age is 38. next i expect M.Tech(cs) in anna university .kindly ur sugestion.
15th April 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have done B.E Computer Science(full-time) and also completed MBA(HRM) as Distance Education Course in Anna University.
I want to do M.Phil in Anna University ,Chennai .What is the procedure for doing M.Phil as a part time course.
Kindly let me know to my email id [email protected].

Regards,
Kalpana.
19th April 2011, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

I have done Bsc(Computer Science) with 56.25% and Msc(Computer Science) with 53.9% from Mumbai University.Want to pursue Phd. For PET Exam minimum requirement is 55% in Master's ,But Dont want to quit my Aim.
Kindly let me know to my Email ID [email protected]
23rd April 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

hi,
I have done Bsc(biochemistry) with 56% and Msc(information technology)with 71% from bharathidhasan university.want to do M.phil in anna university,chennai.what is procedure for doing M.phil as a part time course.kindly let me know to my email id [email protected]
18th May 2011, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

hi,
I have done Bsc(Electronics) with 80% and Msc(information technology)with 85% from Madras university. I like to do PhD or M.E (IT) through part time in Anna university orelse in any other reputed colleges. Let me know, am I eligible for this courses and if so, please tell me the procedures to get through the courses. I like to join the course by next year.
18th May 2011, 11:20 AM
jodill

Hi,
I have done Bsc(Electronics) with 80% and Msc(information technology)with 85% from Madras university. I like to do PhD or M.E(IT) as a part time course in Anna university orelse in any other reputed colleges. Please let me to know that am I eligible for these courses and if so, please me know the procedures. Thanks in advance...
21st May 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I have done PGDCA and lateral M.Sc. I.T. and further pursued M.Phil. in C.S. Now my question is am I eligible for lecturership?
14th June 2011, 03:01 PM
visualcpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done PGDCA and lateral M.Sc. I.T. and further pursued M.Phil. in C.S. Now my question is am I eligible for lecturership?
Hi, with your present qualification you are eligible to teach for U.G courses (BCA/B.Sc[CS/IT]) only. To teach for P.G, either you must do a Ph.D or must clear NET/SET examination.
19th July 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am completed my MCA in trichy Anna University and now I am doing my M Phil in finishing stage. I want to do PhD in Anna University. I request you to send me the information's for doing PhD. My Mail ID ([email protected]).
1st August 2011, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have complied M.Sc It From Distance What will i do next for good college pls Tell me
1st August 2011, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

What will I do After the M.Sc IT for Better College
4th August 2011, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

can i do phd in aerospace after Msc math pl tell me & urgent reply & ELIGIBITY

sachin sonawane maharastra m.n.9881546339
16th August 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i have completed MCA in ignou. can i study ME or PHD in regular anna university or engineering college
19th August 2011, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

I Have complete My Bsc from ptu after complete my Mca form ptu dep after graduation ptu direct admission to mca only 2 year my MCA
is Eligible to PHD OR M.Tech After My MCA tel ME plz
19th August 2011, 08:04 PM
visualcpp

Quote:
i have completed MCA in ignou. can i study ME or PHD in regular anna university or engineering college
Hi You are eligible for both. i.e you can Do ME/M.tech (with MCA qualification) either in part time/full time.

Alternatively you can do Ph.D. But I don't know, whether will you get admission in Anna university (regular) is possible or not. I dont think that anna university entertain people for Ph.D who finished their PG through correspondence education. (at least they wont specify it officially, but may implement practically!!!)

For ph.D, you need to take up an entrance examination. After clearing it, you need to appear for an interview before the paner (designated by the university where u seek admission) to show that you have real interest in research. If you have published any paper (better if u have), and if you can explain your research ideas, selection of your candidature would be more likely would happen.

All the very best
2nd September 2011, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

I have done MCA from sikkim manipal university in distance education,I"LL have to do Phd in IT. so,after MCA in distance mode can I pursue my career for PHD in computer science. or I'll have to do M.Phil OR M.TECH first then I can pursue Phd.(since I 'll pursue in distance education)

7th September 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

can i do PhD after M.Sc in IT?
13th September 2011, 11:13 AM
visualcpp

Quote:
can i do PhD after M.Sc in IT?
Yes! You can do!
20th September 2011, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Dears. I have completed my M. Phil. can i do my Ph D after M. Phil from any university in Pakistan. What would be the requirements for admission in Ph. D.
6th October 2011, 01:48 PM
nagrajkundan

Hello Dear Sir/Mam,

I have done BCA with 72 % in 2007, and started working on Business Intelligence domain support projects, I have again started studying in distance education and now about to finish up MSc IT what after that? I want to go for research and other stuffs, can I go for Mphil or PHD in distance edu, Can't leave job as I am married and responsible for my family. My ambition of life is to become a best professor to students to provide real time knowledge and to invest my best time in doing research.
There are few concerns burning me inside :
* I am good at DB and systems but programming really I go blank there
* I didn’t have Math’s either in 12th or graduation, Do I need to work on that, is there any certification course anything available to learn that now
* Question what after MSc IT , Mphil or Phd ?
* I really need your advice and suggestion so that I can follow the road map.

Thanks in advance please help me .

Regards,
11th October 2011, 03:05 PM
ajil24

i have completed Msc in MGU. can i study ME or PHD in regular anna university or engineering college
3rd November 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

can i appear in gate biotechnology stream if i have completed my M.sc in Computer science?
14th November 2011, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir my qualification is B.SC (PCM), MSc(CS), PGDCA M.phil (CS)
sir i want do m.tech (CS) in distance education
pls suggest me 9826226281
[email protected]
experience is 5 year teaching in govt. college
16th November 2011, 04:24 PM
visualcpp

Quote:
Sir my qualification is B.SC (PCM), MSc(CS), PGDCA M.phil (CS)
sir i want do m.tech (CS) in distance education
pls suggest me 9826226281
[email protected]
experience is 5 year teaching in govt. college
Hi, you can do M.E/M.Tech through part-time. This will take you to teach for Engineering Students. Otherwise, you can do Ph.D, and that will let u to teach for P.G students of arts and science (MCA/M.Sc[IT]) students, Else you can take up and clear NET/SET/SLET examination which is equivalent to teach for P.G (Arts and Science) students, as well as will bring chances to get Government Job in Gov. College/University with better pay scale.
18th November 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

it is possible to doing M Phil in Information Technology?
18th November 2011, 07:33 PM
visualcpp

I don't think that something called IT in M.Phil. You can try doing M.Phil in computer science and I guess your P.G must be eligible qualification for that.
4th December 2011, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

I have done MBA and having more than 9 years of work experience in sales. Now i want to do part time Phd in management. Can somebody suggest which universities/institutes offers part time Phd programes and what is the procedure of getting admission.

5th December 2011, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

what is the procedure for doing Phd in regular in anna univerisity chennai, and some other university also
if you have any idea means please tell my mail id is: [email protected]
7th December 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

I want to make ph.d in rural development. Please sent a proceedure on my email id:- [email protected]
12th December 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

i m a B.TECH ENGG. AND HAVE A GATE SCORE 456.AM I ELLIGIBLE FOR JRF?
10th January 2012, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

i have finished M.sc IT(2 years).do i am eligible for M.Tech information technology?
7th May 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir I Doing MBA from Punjab technical University Can i take admission In P hd Please Suggest i really want to do phd and what are Percentage required in PhD ....... Please Guide me which college is best

Reply me on my mail id [email protected]
2nd July 2012, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

sir i have year gap after 12th(bseb) now have taken my final sem of (under lateral entry scheme)BscIT from NIIT.Is good for career doing bca-mca intergrated five year course from distance learning for better jobs in private and government job or IT instructors jobs.Please help me(i want to do BCA with MCA again because of confusion of degrees,rules of lateral entry in graduation future security i m 22 year old)
12th July 2012, 07:33 PM
visualcpp

Quote:
sir i have year gap after 12th(bseb) now have taken my final sem of (under lateral entry scheme)BscIT from NIIT.Is good for career doing bca-mca intergrated five year course from distance learning for better jobs in private and government job or IT instructors jobs.Please help me(i want to do BCA with MCA again because of confusion of degrees,rules of lateral entry in graduation future security i m 22 year old)
Hi many Government and Private institutions are not recognizing the dual degrees. So, don't try to do such courses. To my knowledge NIIT is a private institution which gives diplomas. They are not authorized to issue degrees.

As far as full time and part time/distance education is concerned, Full time education is getting accepted almost everywhere and the other two options (Distance/part time) are not widely accepted by every employer. So think about doing things on regular mode.

If you can do BCA, then many institutions offer MCA in lateral entry (direct joining into 2nd year MCA). You can utilize this oppurtunity and do it.

For lecturer jobs after MCA you must either do Ph.D or clear UGC NET/SET Examinations.
13th July 2012, 12:30 AM
gokuls1

hey dear,
for phd in any field u need to b atleast a holder of post graduate degree. if u r a graduate then u have to go thru the post graduate degree and then only u can do phd in any field u wish to do...!!!
i think that after pg there are lots of jobs placement, either u can go through this jobs or if u really wish to do phd u can...
Best Luck...!!!
29th August 2012, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i have 1 year gap after completed 10th, 2 , B.Sc(physics) and M.Sc (IT) respectively. Can i have any possibilities to do Phd?.
2nd October 2012, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after B.A.Please opinion.
14th December 2012, 11:50 PM
imcoolabhishek2012

Hi dear,

You are eligible for both. i.e you can Do ME/M.tech (with MCA qualification) either in part time/full time.

Alternatively you can do Ph.D. But I don't know, whether will you get admission in Anna university (regular) is possible or not. I dont think that anna university entertain people for Ph.D who finished their PG through correspondence education. (at least they wont specify it officially, but may implement practically!!!)

For ph.D, you need to take up an entrance examination. After clearing it, you need to appear for an interview before the paner (designated by the university where u seek admission) to show that you have real interest in research. If you have published any paper (better if u have), and if you can explain your research ideas, selection of your candidature would be more likely would happen.
Thanks
7th February 2013, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Hi i m kamal from tamil nadu. I m pursuing msc cs. Can i join directly to phd.
11th February 2013, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

i completed m.tech cse from jntu affiliated college let me know the requirements to pursue ph.d from osmania university
10th April 2013, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

i completed b.tech IT from JNTUK and i am doing m.sc IT from ANU in distant mode.. now can i do ph.D if so how i can apply for the ph.D and from which university plz reply me to [email protected]
20th May 2013, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

If any candidate registred for ph.d in 2007 and ph.d awared(complited)in 2012.he can eligebal for lecturer ¿ net is required for those candidate..pls reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?