30th April 2012, 09:27 PM
nikimehra

Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category

I am 28years old and have scored 46% in graduation and 52% in post graduation.I belong to general status but have done post graduation in correspondence am i eligible to appear for ugc exams

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for B.Ed course after scoring 42% in graduation and post graduation?
  2. Am I eligible for B.Ed course after scoring 42% in graduation and post graduation?
  3. List of Universities where I can do Ph.D with 47% marks in Hindi Post Graduation?
  4. Am I eligible for Bank Clerk Exam after scoring 56% in 12th and 45% in graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How can I do B.Ed course even when scored only 49% marks in Graduation and 48% in Post Graduation?
  6. Eligibility for IES exam after graduation in Chemistry and Post graduation in Computer Science?
  7. Am I eligible for PO Exams having scored 56% in Graduation and 62% in Post Graduation?
  8. Am i eligible for PO exam after scoring 53% in graduation and 70% in post graduation?
  9. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET with Commerce if completed Graduation in Commerce and Post Graduation in Economics?
  10. Am I eligible for PO in SBI after scoring 53% in graduation and 60% in PG?
  11. Am I eligible for CMAT after scoring graduation with 49.68% in graduation?
  12. PG diploma in Journalism is eligible for UGC NET exam?
  13. Am I eligible for CA after scoring 50% in PG(MCA)?
  14. How much percentage is required in Graduation and Post Graduation for UGC NET exam? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for SBI bank PO exam after scoring 51% in graduation and 65% in PG?
  16. How can a general category candidate with less than 50% marks do post graduation in MCA?
  17. PhD degree in Zoology by research after B.Sc in Biology?
  18. Am I eligible to apply in IBPS PO exam if secured more than 60% in Post Graduation and 51% in Graduation?
6th July 2012, 11:40 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category

Post graduates can apply for this exam. Even PG holders as a distance course can also apply for this exam provided it is obtained from a recognized institute. But, you cannot attend UGC exam with this percentage of marks. Minimum 55% mark is compulsory for the same. This is for general category candidates. In case of SC/ST/OBC candidates there will be relaxation in marks.
2nd December 2012, 05:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category

My friend it does not matter whether you have done post graduation through correspondence or regular mode. What matters is that whether you meet the criteria. Your percentage in post graduation in 52 percent while to appear for National Eligibility Test you need 55 percent.

This rules out any possibility of you appear for the National Eligibility Test. How much marks you have scored in graduation is irrelevant because only marks in post graduation course are considered to apply for the National Eligibility Test.

NET or National Eligibility Test is conducted for the college lectureship. If you want to become lecturer in government college then NET exam is what you must clear. The exam is conducted twice a year. It is conducted by the University Grants Commission.

Eligibility

1. Only candidate of Indian origin can apply.

2. Must have completed post graduation degree from a UGC recognized university.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation are required.

4. If belong to SC/ST, then 50 percent marks are required.

5. Students in final year of post graduation are also allowed to appear.

6. Your NET subject should be relevant to PG degree.

7. There is no limit on number of attempts for the candidates.

Age Limit

1. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

2. Three years relaxation for OBC is given.

3. Age Limit for SC/ST is 33 years.

4. There is no age limit for candidates who are applying for lecturer job.
21st May 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

I have done BA from Rajasthan University and scored 44%. I want to do CA, i want to know about the procedure of ca exam. If any other option for me in my career than tell me.
14th January 2015, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

I have 52% in m.com from Kota university so I'll fill ugc net form
12th December 2015, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I have completed MCA with 54.47% and belong to OBC Category, Can I eligible for UGC-NET Exam.
23rd March 2016, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 66% in pg? I am from general category and I am ability to jrf crs type exam
2nd October 2018, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my b.Sc exam and got 52%marks. Now what I can do further help me to choose the better field
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?