1st May 2012, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for NIFT after passing 12th? I am interested in fashion designing

i m in class 12 and i m very interested in fashion designing.so can i be eligible for nift?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Fashion Designing course after BBA? Is it necessary to qualify NIFT? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible for MSc Fashion Designing after pursuing B.Com(Hons) from PU?
  3. B.Sc final year student is eligible for NIFT? In Andhra pradesh how many fashion designing colleges are there?
  4. How to fill the form of NIFT? I am interested in Fashion Designing
  5. Which subjects to choose in 12th for Fashion Designing? Qualification required for admission in NIFT?
  6. Is Maths necessary for fashion designing? What is the criteria for NIFT in 12th class with PCB to get admission for fashion designing -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to do Bachelor course in fashion designing from NIFT? I have completed 12th this year
  8. How to do fashion designing after finishing 12th?
  9. Difference between Bachelor of Fashion Designing and Bachelor of Fashion Technology?
  10. Required percentage in 12th Board Exams to appear for NIFT and other Exams of Fashion Designing?
  11. Is there any Bachelor degree program in any field of Design?
  12. How to do fashion designing from NIFT? What is the qualification for it? Which designing course should I do?
  13. Does the NIFT MFM course deals with Designing?
  14. Am I eligible to do masters in fashion designing after completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  15. Can I do coaching to learn drawing for fashion designing in NIFT after 12th?
  16. Information about the courses in fashion designing in NIFT? What is the fee structure and duration?
  17. How can I join after 10th? I am interested in fashion designing
  18. Colleges for distance mode M.Sc. in apparel fashion designing?
29th May 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I be eligible for NIFT after passing 12th? I am interested in fashion designing

I HAVE COMMERCE STREAM BUT MY PERCENTAGE IS 54.3% CAN I APPLY OR NOT
15th June 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I be eligible for NIFT after passing 12th? I am interested in fashion designing

Can a bio student can apply for NIFT..?
22nd June 2012, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

my stream is bio in class 12 .can u suggest me .i am eligibal for addmiition in nift
25th November 2012, 01:22 AM
exams1
Senior Member+

As you have completed your 12th standard so you are eligible for NIFT.

NIFT 2012 Eligibility for Bachelor Programs – Design

B.Design ( Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication )

The +2 level examination in the 10 + 2 pattern of examination of any recognised Central / State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. or

General Certificate Education ( GCE ) Examination ( London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced ( A ) level. or

Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10 + 2 system. or

A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects. or

3 or 4 – years diploma recognised by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.

Please note that the upper age limit for applying in bachelor Programs is restricted to 23 years as on 1st November, 2011

Thanks...
16th May 2013, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th sci. And i m intrested in fashion designing so how can i join this course??and can i join to the NIFT..?
25th May 2013, 10:21 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m in class 12 and i m very interested in fashion designing.so can i be eligible for nift?
NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. You can give this exam if you want to seek admission to bachelor's program and master's program in fashion. Every year in the month of February this exam takes place.

To do B.Des in Fashion Design, Leather Design, Accessory Design, Textile Design, Knitwear Design and Fashion Communication then you need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent from a recognized institution. For this course the subject combination at 10+2 level does not matters.

But if you want to do bachelor's degree in fashion technology then you need to have physics, chemistry and mathematics at 10+2 level. That is mandatory.

Those who have completed a diploma degree of three or four years' duration from an AICTE recognized institution or State Board Of Technical Education are also eligible to give this examination.

If you go for B.Des then you need to sit for a written examination which is called the General Ability Test (GAT) and there is a creative ability test too. For candidates applying for B.FTech apart from giving the GAT exam you also need to go through the managerial aptitude test.

For GAT Exam stress on the following areas:
  1. Quantitative Ability
  2. Communication Ability
  3. English Comprehension
  4. Business Domain Test
  5. Analytical Ability

Hope this helps :-> :->
26th May 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Is there any diff. btwn these course fashion design and knitwear?
27th September 2013, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

my strem is art in class 12. can you suggest me. i am eligible for in nift.
22nd May 2014, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I eligible for NIFT after passing 12 .I have taken Bio in my secondary studies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?