6th May 2012, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Which degree will suit best for IAS? I want to become an IAS officer

i am doing +2 in commerce and i want to be an IAS officer. so according to this which degree will suit best for ias, because i want to keep a fafe side before ias if its not clear.and that degree should be job oriented...........

7th May 2012, 10:32 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which degree will suit best for IAS? I want to become an IAS officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing +2 in commerce and i want to be an IAS officer. so according to this which degree will suit best for ias, because i want to keep a fafe side before ias if its not clear.and that degree should be job oriented...........
Any stream graduates may eligible to apply for IAS Examination . So, you may choose stream after 12th standard .

( Say for Example :- The candidate who Complete Bachelor degree in BCA / B.com / B.sc / BBA / BA / BBM etc.. The Only criteria is that the candidate should complete the Bachelor degree .

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service . It is one of the Civil Service Examination which is organized by Union Public Service Examination for every year .

To apply for the IAS Examination you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . There is Minimum percentage of marks is not require to apply for IAS Examination . The candidate who get pass mark in Bachelor degree may eligible to apply for IAS Examination . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . The candidate should be qualified at the participate in this Examination .

The candidate age should not less then 21 years and Not more then 30 years and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates for 5 years , obc candidates 3 years and Physically Challenged candidates for 10 years .

You should be physically as well as medically fit for the Examination .

Every General candidate may eligible to apply for attempt Examination for 4 times and obc candidate for 7 times and there is no limit for sc/st candidates .

The IAS Examination may divided into three stages namely, Preliminary Examination / Main Examination / Interview .

Syllabus for IAS Examination :-

So, you may choose any stream after 12th standard in which you have interested .
7th May 2012, 11:32 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which degree will suit best for IAS? I want to become an IAS officer

Hi,
you are eligible for to become IAS officer with any stream. But you can select the stream in 12th standard.

IAS stands for Indian Adminstration Service. This exam conducted by the upsc once in a year.

This exam for civil service examination.

The civil service examination conducted by the IAS and IPS.

Eligibility criteria:

to become a IAS officer should be completed the graduation from a recognized university.

The candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

The candidate should be physically and medically fit for this exam.

Selection process:

CSAT- civil service aptitude test

preliminary exam

civil service main exam

personal interview

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
7th May 2012, 06:00 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific degree to suit for IAS exam which is absolutely depend on one's ability and interest towards the subject as chosen to complete Graduation.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one should appear and crack civil service exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three stages:-

CSAT-CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST-PRELIMINARY EXAM

CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM

PERSONAL INTERVIEW

As you are now pursing in 12th Commerce, first you have to complete your Graduation Degree in any stream in which you are comfortable and before sitting for the Civil Service exam you must prepare for IAS rigorously for at least a year.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th June 2012, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Is the Btech IT is eligible for IAS and IPS
20th June 2012, 11:23 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IAS eligibility criteria:

It does not really matters which stream you belong to as they just look for graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 21-30 years.

At the most you can attempt for four times.

Selection procedure includes preliminary exams, main examination followed by interview.

Refer to the thumbnail to know more about the exam pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iaspattern (1).jpg
Views:	8359
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	96811  
18th July 2012, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I take to be an IAS officer.
Which are posts of an IAS officers.
7th October 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a IAS..AND I got only 42% mrks 12th ...i can doing b.com from university of delhi
18th October 2012, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

I AM NOT GOOD AT ENGLISH HOW CAN I GIVE IAS EXAMINATION
18th October 2012, 09:19 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
Friend you can chose any stream you want.
You can chose any course like:-
> B.SC
> B.COM
> B.A
> B.B.A
> B.C.A
You can do post graduation courses like:-
> M.B.A
> M.C.A
> M.Tech
> M.D/M.S
etc

You have to chose any two optional subject like:-
> Law
> Geography
> History
> Biology
> Physics
> Chemistry
etc

ALL THE BEST!
19th October 2012, 12:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you are commerce student I would say that you should pursue B.Com after completing 12th standard. In case you fail to crack the IAS exam, still there would be plenty of options for you.

Now let me make it pretty clear that B.Com degree alone will not get you a good job. However there are various courses that you can take after B.Com.

For example you can consider teaching as a profession if failed at IAS exam. In such scenario you will have two options. First would be school teaching and second would be college lectureship.

For the first option you will have to complete Bachelor of Education degree. After which you can apply for Teachers Eligibility Test for teaching job. For the second option of lectureship, you will have to complete post graduation. I would say that M.Com would be good choice after which you can apply for National Eligibility Test for college lectureship.

Other option would be MBA is Banking or Finance which will get a decent job in private sector. You can also consider MCA course after B.Com and apply for job in IT companies.

Of course you also have the option of Chartered Accountancy and Company Secretary. As a graduate you will be able to get admission in the second stage of both these courses.

As you can see there will be plenty of options in front of you even if you failed at the Indian Administrative Service Exam. You don't need to worry about your future. If you do decide to go with B.Com, I will advice to start preparing for the IAS exam from the second year of B.Com course.

Start with basic like improving English and watching news for general knowledge. Later you can concentrate on general studies and other papers.

IAS Eligibility

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree in any stream

3. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

There will be two papers in preliminary exam.

1. General Studies

2. Optional Subject

2) Main Exams

There will be total of 9 papers in Main Exams followed by Interview.

1) Indian Language

2) English

3) Essay

4) General Studies I

5) General Studies II

6) Optional Subject I (Paper I)

7) Optional Subject I (Paper II)

8) Optional Subject II (Paper I)

9) Optional Subject II (Paper II)
17th February 2013, 01:53 PM
the monk

hi friend ..there is no need of doing specific degree for becom an IAS officer..it's enough to have the qualification of any degree..
IAS Eligibility

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree in any stream

3. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

1. General Studies

2. Optional Subject

2) Main Exams

There will be total of 9 papers in Main Exams followed by Interview.

1) Indian Language

2) English

3) Essay

4) General Studies I

5) General Studies II

6) Optional Subject I (Paper I)

7) Optional Subject I (Paper II)

8) Optional Subject II (Paper I)

9) Optional Subject II (Paper 2)
28th February 2013, 10:51 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
If you want to opt for the safer side then you can go for BBA or B.Com and then you are eligible for the IAS exam
5th April 2013, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

i am doing first year m.com(ca), after completion of my pg, i like to join bl degree, is it useful for my ias dream? i think it will be useful for do my job without fear of constitution problems?
6th April 2013, 09:31 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

There is no specific Degree to be taken to become an IAS officer. A Graduation Degree in any discipline of education in which one is easily and comfortably passed, is sufficient to be eligible for IAS.

To become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three stages:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th April 2013, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

I'm in 10th std. I want to be an IAS officer. After doing 12th in non-med, what to choose for graduation, if not so good in maths but good in english
12th April 2013, 10:41 PM
gurleen uppal

Quote:
Is the Btech IT is eligible for IAS and IPS
hi friend,
yes btech. I.T is eligible for UPSC exam,
here is eligible criteria for appearing in UPSC

1. a candidate should be of age limit between 21 to 30.

2. He or she should be indian.

3. graduated in any field.

4.general can appear by 4 times and sc/st/obc can appear maximum of 7 times..

thank u... god bless you..
13th April 2013, 12:46 AM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Exclamation Re: Which degree will suit best for IAS? I want to become an IAS officer

Hello friend,

There is no specify stream to become an IAS officer but it is better to you to select the stream in 12th standard.

More Information about the IAS exam:

IAS stands for "Indian Administration Service".
It is one of the most prestigious service in India.
To become an IAS officer you have to qualified civil service exam conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

General Eligibility criteria:
1)Candidate should be completed his graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

2)The candidate should be citizen of India.

3)The candidate age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.
There is 3 years relaxation and 5 years relaxation in upper age for OBC and SC/ST category applicants.

4)Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

5)The candidate should be physically and medically fit for this exam.

6) General category applicants can attempt the exam 4 times, OBC category students can attempt the exam 7 times while there is no limit to attempt the exam for SC/ST applicants.

Selection process:
1) Preliminary Exam

A) General Studies
B) Optional Subject

2) Main Exams

There will be total of 9 papers in Main Exams with Interview.

A) Indian Language

B) English

C) Essay

D) General Studies I

E) General Studies II

F) Optional Subject I (Paper I)

G) Optional Subject I (Paper II)

H) Optional Subject II (Paper I)

I) Optional Subject II (Paper 2)

Hopes above will help you,
Thanks
13th April 2013, 08:34 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..............

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

For this required a bachelor of degree in any stream

IAS aspirants first crack the Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones

For this civil examination some eligibility criteria are there, if you satisfy these eligibility criteria then you are eligible for Civil Examination i.e. Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Nationality, Physical standard etc...........

I can give you more information about Civil Examination

First you can appear for Civil Examination

Civil Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones,

For this Civil Examination some eligibility are there

if you satisfy these all eligibility then you are eligible for civil examination

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualification

>> Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university,

>> Final year students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

Nationality

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

>> Maximum 7 attempts for general candidates

>> Maximum 4 attempts for OBC Candidates

>> There is no restriction for SC/ST candidates
13th April 2013, 02:04 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I'm in 10th std. I want to be an IAS officer. After doing 12th in non-med, what to choose for graduation, if not so good in maths but good in english
To become an IAS officer you ahve to appear in the UPSC Civil services Exams.

You can apply for this exams if you meet the below eligiilty criteria:

Education:
Graduation pass in any stream from a recognized university
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years

Attempts/Chances:
UPSC has also fixed number of attempts
General- 4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-No Restrictions

UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
MAINS
Interview

So choose the stream in Graduation in which you have interest and in which you are strong
14th April 2013, 01:47 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend....

If you want to become an IAS officer first you need to appear for the civil service exam this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.

Candidates who applying for this exam must complete the graduation in any stream from a recognized university of india.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Graduate students are eligible

No need of marks in graduation level

AGE LIMIT:

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years for SC/ST candidates

NATIONALITY:

Indian

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

Selection process done in three stages

1.preliminary exam

2.Main exam

3.Interview

ALL THE BEST....
15th April 2013, 12:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Actually any Graduate can apply for IAS Examination. So it doesn't matter which Degree suits best for IAS examination.

The subjects in which you have studied in graduation is best for IAS Mains examination.

In mains examination you have to select optional subjects and you must select those subjects which you have studied in Graduation because you must be familiar with those subjects.

The Graduation must be from a reocgnised University then only you can apply for IAS Examination.

The age must be between 21 to 30 years if you are General category candidate.

There is 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC Category.

The selection procedure will have following stages:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

Those in merit will be selected for the post.

If you are from General and OBC Category then you will have limited attempts for IAS Examination . Hence apply for it only when you are well prepared.

For SC/ST there is no limit in attempts.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th May 2013, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

I m completed 12th science.so i want to become IAS officer which degree. I should select. Because which degree is very usefull. For our future

dream could be success
25th May 2013, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Hello, i have completed my 12 science.... Nd i am dying to become an IAS officer... Is B.A usefel degree.....bcaz in tat we cover most of the subjects like civics , geography, nd history....which is not easy.....plz suggest mee....im very confused.plzzzzz
1st June 2013, 12:14 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Nice to see your interest in the civil Services. After 12th class you are not eligible to apply for the IAS examination. IAS is stand for Indian Administrative Service. The IAS examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC once in every year. To appear in the IAS examination you need the following criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Examination.
--> Pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in this examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS examination. So, if you completed the graduation degree in any discipline then don't worry you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination.

Do preparation well for the upcoming IAS examination. For more information regarding IAS examination please visit the official website of UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2013, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Is B.A.Hons In Social Science is best for ias exams
2nd February 2014, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

which are recognized universities in MP to do graduation for becoming an IAS officer
31st March 2014, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

hi,i m mukul,nd i wnt to be become,an ias officr,.i have completed my..12th with.. Pcm ..so whch..degree,i should choosen to..complete the..graduatioN..nd whch,univrsty whch..gvng coaChng also,for ias.. Kindly.pls tell me,ma above query Thanku
6th April 2014, 12:27 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

In order to become IAS officer, no specific stream in Graduation is required. Candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream are eligible to become IAS officer.

Here is the complete selection procedure that you should crack
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

As you have completed your 10+2 in Commerce stream, I suggest you to opt for Graduation in the same field.

Try to opt for any of the following courses at your Graduation level
B.Com
BBA
BBM
B.Com Computers

Choose any of the following optional subjects for Main Exam
Economics
Commerce

Try to start the preparation for Civil services exam from the very beginning of your Graduation and try to be good enough in all the aspects of the written exam by the time you complete your Graduation.

You should possess the following age criteria to apply for this Exam.

For General category : 21-30 years
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years

Have good preparation for this Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
8th May 2014, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

hi, Im confused in selecting between BE and Bcom ..as im a science student . wch one of these two would be best for me to opt for ,if i want to be a ias officer ? ur suggestions are appreciated thank you .
23rd May 2014, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th std now.Can i prepare for ias from now?...
18th June 2014, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Which degree is best for becoming IAS if I complete 12th in non medical and got 90 above percentage
15th October 2014, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir/mam. Which optional subjects i have to take at ias mains,if i was completed bbm degree?
12th May 2015, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

b.com in commerce if this suit for IAS because I am a bio students according to my interest I would choose this . is my direction is right
15th May 2015, 12:21 AM
ankit740
Member+

Well friend you can become an ias officer through any graduation stream.The important thing is that you have to clear the civil services exam is conducted by upsc every year.
ELIGIBILITY:
1.You must have completed your graduation from any recognized university.
2.you must be an indian citizen,
3.Age limit for the exam is 21-30 years.Age relaxation is provided to the reserve category.
Thank you
17th September 2015, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

I am a class 12 student with pcb which degree will suit to become ias officer for a medical student plzz help me out of my confusion
24th January 2016, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am diploma mechanical engineering student, which degree suitable for IAS Exam,my aim is IPS officer.
26th January 2016, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir /Mam

I am in 8, standard and want to become an IAS
so,how can,i prepare for IAS
Give me suggestion so that i will prepare for it -

waiting for a response

Thank,you
17th April 2016, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear IAS after not getting results of graduation exams
18th April 2016, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

i am 12th student with physics,bio,chem,maths is it k for becoming an ias if i complete my ug course with bsc.psycology??????
22nd May 2016, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam... i want to b an IAS officer but the main problem m facing is i hv done my 12th from open board.. will it create any problen ahead... plz mail me on [email protected]
31st May 2016, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

I am studying 12 science. I want to become an IAS officer .which degree is more suit to me?
13th August 2016, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

hlo sir! I am doing b.com hons and want to take coaching for civil services and also want to do mba but the problem is that civil coaching and mba can't be done together bcoz mba is done regular basis and civil service coaching needs practice of hours and hours .
so please tell me what should I do ?
w@itng for reply
Thank you
1st May 2017, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to prepare for IAS after doing Bachelor of physical education (1 year course)?
15th May 2017, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Hii myself Samruddhi. I want to become an IAS officer so, which exam should I crack UPSC or IAS. Please tell me the duty of an IAS officer.
23rd May 2017, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

I have taken commerce group.I'm studying 12.my ambition is to become an IAS officer..I am confused to choose a degree for IAS..so please help me
29th May 2017, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am Tarum Nabam from Arunachal Pradesh North east India I want to become IAS officer since from childhood but its not easy to crack the UPSC ....I doing my Bsc in Medical Laboratory Technology ..sir my question is that after complete graduation in this field which subject i should select for optional subject ...?
please I need help ...its my email id tarumnabum06085 @gmail.com
1st June 2017, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

I am completed 11th math.so i want to become IAS officer which degree. I should select. Because which degree is very useful. For our future

dream could be success
17th June 2017, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

I am a qualified 12th student in science stream . How can i prepare for IAS examination and the books are important for
18th June 2017, 09:32 PM
Jithu4

Any of the GS subject and the subject that you want to take as optional too, will be suitable for your degree subject, provided you should be interested in it, lest, it might not be fruitful.
eg; Political science, history, geography, economics, psychology etc..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?