10th May 2012, 12:45 AM
Geeta B Jadav

Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?

Dear Sir,

I have completed Diploma in Electrical Engg. in year of 2010 with 62% of marks. Now I am working in TATA POWER CO. LTD. But I want to get admission into Second year of BE for this year on the basis of my final year Diploma percentage. So Can I eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.E. Is there any issue of having two years gap to get an admission..? Kindly Reply me as soon as possible...

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year degree after scoring 59% in diploma in electrical engineering
  2. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E.(Electrical Engineering) if completed Diploma in Computer Engineering? -- [New]
  3. How can I take admission in 2nd year B.Tech(Aeronautical engineering) after completing 1 year diploma in Electrical engineering?
  4. Can I get admission in Aeronautical Engineering B.Tech in 2nd year after diploma in Electrical Engineering? What is the basic procedure?
  5. How to take admission directly after completing last year diploma in electrical engineering?
  6. Can I get admission through reserved seat in 2nd year B.E after scoring 79.92% in diploma? What is the admission procedure?
  7. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year degree after scoring 81% in final year diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. Names of colleges which will give me admission to 2nd year in engineering after scoring 62.62% in diploma?
  9. Should I take admission in Electrical Engineering for direct 2nd year after passing diploma with 82%?
  10. Lateral entery in NIT b.tech: Admission in 2nd year after diploma in electrical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How much is the minimum percentage required to get admission in 2nd year of engineering in Information Technology? Am I eligible admission in MIT after scoring 85% in 3rd year diploma?
  12. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at PEC through LEET being a diploma student in Electrical Engineering? Examination date and syllabus of LEET?
  13. Am I eligible for 2nd year degree admission after scoring 58.88% in electrical diploma?
  14. Names of the colleges in Mahaarashra which will give admission to direct 2nd year for E&TC engineering after scoring 62% in diploma?
  15. How to take admission in B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma in electrical?
  16. How to get admission in computer engineering after scoring 63.48 in computer science diploma?
  17. Procedure to get admission in Rajasthan Technical University to study B.Tech 2nd year for Electrical Engineering Diploma holder of Gujarat Technological University?
  18. Procedure to get admission in direct 2nd year engineering degree course in Gujarat after scoring 64% in Diploma?
10th May 2012, 12:56 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India
Default Re: Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeta B Jadav View Post
Dear Sir,

I have completed Diploma in Electrical Engg. in year of 2010 with 62% of marks. Now I am working in TATA POWER CO. LTD. But I want to get admission into Second year of BE for this year on the basis of my final year Diploma percentage. So Can I eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.E. Is there any issue of having two years gap to get an admission..? Kindly Reply me as soon as possible...
you have complete your diploma in Electrical engineering with 62%. this is quite good for you
- ya in my opinion you can get the direct admission in the 2nd year of B.tech but that depend on university.-because you have complete your diploma 2year back and you have gap of 2 years with study then it depend on university and as well as college.
you can try may be you can get admission in 2nd year of B.tech. if they ask for 2 year gap at that you can show your job certificate. then college principle may be give a chance to you to do b.tech
22nd May 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?

whether 62% is eligible for engineering?
12th July 2012, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Hello! My name is Ankush Lakade. I'm a final year polytechnic student & my branch is Electronics & Tele-Communication. I want to score atleast 90% in final year. So kindly tell me what should i do? how to study? thanks.
10th October 2012, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

i completed diploma in computer engg in 2010. now i want to take the admission for BE 2nd year. So it is Possible? how much gap is allow?
Please help..................
13th December 2012, 10:19 AM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

Hi dear friend,

Yes you can get the direct admission in the 2nd year of B.tech but that depend on university.-because you have complete your diploma two year back and you have gap of 2 years with study then it depend on university and as well as college.

good luck
24th April 2013, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i hv passed 12th frm math n now this is my last year in electrical diplom so plzzz tell me which year i admit in b.tech
24th April 2013, 05:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

What you are referring to is called Lateral Entry Admission. In this admission procedure the candidate is given direct entry in the second year of Bachelor of Technology course.

While you can certainly apply for the admission through lateral entry, the 2 years gap would be a factor. Not all colleges in India will offer admission with 2 years gap however there are colleges who will do offer admission.

Before you apply please remember that Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institutes of Technology do not offer admission under lateral entry. There is no provision to get lateral entry in these universities.

These universities only offer admission through ISEET entrance exam.

For admission in other colleges you will have to appear for the entrance exam conducted for lateral entry students. Among the most popular is Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET).

To appear for the LEET you need at least 60 percent marks in diploma. Since you have scored 62 percent, you can appear for the LEET entrance exam.

There are other entrance exams as well. Some colleges prefer to conduct their own entrance exam and there are some colleges that offers direct admission based on the merit without any entrance exam.
21st June 2013, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

i finished my diploma in civil engg 2 years back. i scored 70%. i got admission in degree college but i got a drop. and after drop i took 1 year gap by doing job. and nw i want to start my degree again from some other university so how can i do that and what will b required. what will be the procedure.
9th October 2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

i have done my first year btech in mother theresa college in palamaneru, chittoor district.now i want to continue 2nd year in hyd colleges.
will i get same fee reimbursement and sujjest some college
1st March 2014, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

can i got the diploma civil eng 2013. i got 89%. find out the admission procedure to reply as soon as possible.Thanks with regards Sudarmani.A
2nd April 2014, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

hey...can I get admission in svnit directly in 2nd yr# btech.. i had done my first year from a different college.
waiting for your reply
6th June 2014, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I am complite my Diploma in chemical engineering 70% from Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh).
Can i get admission in 2nd year another state also?????
14th August 2014, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 62% in diploma in computer engineering. Can u plz guide me for which college i should try in Pune? Rather which college i will get at this percentage? plz reply me soon.
5th April 2015, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I am complite my Diploma in civil engineering 65% from Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh).
Can i get admission in 2nd year another state also?????
17th April 2015, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in chem. Engg. Last year with 73% marks from ddit.
and then one year apprentice ship in reliance.
i had taken part un last year choice filling. And locked choice for moke round.
But b'coz of some reasons i cant participated iin final rounds. So can i get admition after one year gap in 2nd year in b tech
Pls kindly aans me sir..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?