21st January 2011, 10:12 PM
vishal1only

Better choice for a good career, Networking or Java and .net?

hello
i am student of b-tech (cse) 3rd year and i am intrested in networking.but some of my friends tell me that networking has less scope than java .net and other programming languages.i am totally confused about my future plz suggest me a good choice for me or what is better for me in this competitive world.
i am waiting for your reply......

22nd January 2011, 09:19 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Better choice for a good career, Networking or Java and .net?

If you want a job in software companies without many efforts then you are advised to go for .NET and JAVA courses as these two are the base and is really important for getting job.your friend's opinion is good that is networking has less scope.but it totally depends upon you if you have good knowledge in networking then also you can get job easily.

try also to complete or learn VB.NET,ORACLE e.t.c
alongwith this you must have good knowledge in basic languages like-C & C++.
22nd January 2011, 01:16 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

see it is true that java.net has a better scope in the future..
but if you are not interested in java and more interested in networking, then you will shine in networking rather then java.net..
but in the competitive world java.net is better and it is highly demanded.
so think minutely what do you want-- excellence or demand?
23rd January 2011, 07:20 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Don’t worry. There is much scope for networking too. After completion of your graduation, better do any latest computer software packages. There are many software companies, who are in need of networking experts. Once you complete your B.Tech., start applying for employments in public and private undertakings. There is much scope for networking professionals abroad also.
26th January 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

is certification necessary to get a job in it companies?
27th January 2011, 06:24 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

Both are good choices,if you are really interested in networking then you can go for CCNA exam then,,ccnp and CCIE which is the expert level. It has good scope all over the world.

thank you.
8th February 2011, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

i ma a b.tech student in ece.. i knw i hav 2 courses fr me robotics or embedded, bt i want to do an xtra course related to my course and has full advantage with electronics. I am cnfsd b/w java or .net ...!! so pls guide me vat shud i do...??
8th February 2011, 11:48 PM
sahilkaran

I am a student of btech in ece and i want to do an xtra course related to ece... i knw dat robotics or embedded r d two courses fr me bt m cnfsd b/w java and .net.. pls tell me vich z better fr me and related to my stream....
9th February 2011, 09:23 AM
anon

you can get a good job in networking by completing certifications like ccna,rhce,ccie..etc, in java mainly the projects use frameworks ie java frameworks are in demand..and the same in .net also. So try hard you can excel in any field..
9th February 2011, 04:49 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no its not necessary, but its an advantage........

it will help you.
9th February 2011, 08:13 PM
mohit brh

both course are good but i want to suggest you that you should complete your .net and java is best option for you.
it will help you to get job and you will get more knowledge after completing course. but finally it's depend upon yur interest.
13th April 2011, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

hi m b.tech student of 2nd year cse.........i have keen interest in networking .............am i going in a right field?
14th April 2011, 11:11 AM
sureshcbe
Member+

it is not matter, whether you are going with java or dotnet.It is matter whether you are having certification in that particular language.

Certification in java/ dotnet is must.
14th April 2011, 03:35 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

If you want a job in software companies without many efforts then you are advised to go for .NET and JAVA courses as these two are the base and is really important for getting job.your friend's opinion is good that is networking has less scope.but it totally depends upon you if you have good knowledge in networking then also you can get job easily.
28th April 2011, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I am Btech(CSE) 2011 passout.I am very much confused whether to choose java or .net as a platform for software jobs.Can anybody tell me which as bright future in comparison between .net and java??
29th April 2011, 02:31 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Better choice for a good career, Networking or Java and .net?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

CERTIFICATION NECESSARY TO GET A JOB

-> It is not compulsory to do a certification course to get a job....

-> It really adds up a extra point if you finish some certification course for getting a job...

-> Just want to give a little example to explain the situation... Just take two candidates attending the interview and both performs equally well then the what will be checked next is the extra activities which they have done if one person finished with the certification course or any other extra-activities then for sure he/she will be given the higher priority...

-> So try to finish the certification when you have time in your college days... Just take the course which you are interested in and start being strong in that course then for sure you can be good in any of the technology by the end of your college course...

-> I did my CCNA course in my college and it also helped me for my placements...

-> Just keep one thing in mind, develop the interest to do your certification course and then continue with it if not it won't be any use just having only the certificate in hand but no knowledge about it....
30th April 2011, 02:24 AM
bharanidharans

Do everything based on your own interest. Networking, java & .NET are having its own valuable.

If you are CCNA certificated and you have interest in networking,then go for it without any waiting for time. Do right now with networking.
30th April 2011, 05:50 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

9th May 2011, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

is it necessary that a ece student must do ccna course?
26th May 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

iam studying b.tech 3rd year,java or .net is important to learn
5th June 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

hi this is shravanth i have one backlog in bca in 6th sem i am looking for c,c ,java in niit after clearing the backlogs and these clourses is it possible to do mca
13th June 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

hi....im a student doing 2nd year of engineering in ece....i want to do a course in networking...in wat way will it help me wen compared to other software languges like java,oracle or .net.......??
25th June 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

i wanna do M.E robotics
then is b.e cse / b.e ece a good choice for it ?
29th June 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

now i have completed my MCA degree ,but i have confusion that which lanaguage i will selected ,java or .net ,i think .net is more scope than java ,.net we can easy to study by the time java more though and getting more effort
7th August 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Hiii fnds...
I am in 3rd year cse and i want to be a software developer.I am confused which language to choose java or .net??I have interest in programming but i want to ask that which is mostly used in the software industry and in future which language should get credit???And does the language selection affects the campus placement??
12th August 2011, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

sir, i m btech cse 3rd yr student confused about doing .net or networking. sir please guide me what to do for a better future.
19th August 2011, 09:08 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal1only View Post
hello
i am student of b-tech (cse) 3rd year and i am intrested in networking.but some of my friends tell me that networking has less scope than java .net and other programming languages.i am totally confused about my future plz suggest me a good choice for me or what is better for me in this competitive world.
i am waiting for your reply......
hi friend
dont worry about your future.there are many scope for networking but some how there are more scope for java and .net.these are the growing languages on IT sector.if u have intrest in programming so choose the better one.
its up to u.if u have good knowledge about networking then dont worry,there are many companies who want deserving empoyee.
so do hard work whatever u choose for ur future.

good luck

##amaan##
7th September 2011, 06:31 PM
manoj rajpurohit

According to my attitude the interest is most important in the student life. if you don`t want to go in the java language then dont worry, you are interested in the .net so you can take this.

If you make your self best in this field then who say there is less scope in the .net. i am telling you that you will definetely get a good package equal to a good java developer.

this is dependent on your self only that you here about your interest or go on the friends suggestion.

best of luck.
7th September 2011, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

hello
i complete my guration bca from distance education. But i am confessed my future
which course scope in future oracle,.net,java and what course is essay to learn
4th October 2011, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

hello friends...
Please help me friends...the thing is i am a bca graduate, but i have 1 backlog. due to some family problems i was not able to clear that within my course duration, this january i'll write paper for the same... currently i am working in a BPO in bangalore, as there was no option left for me to earn. and i have to earn for my family also so thats the reason i joined bpo. My core interest is programming, and i have basic knowledge in java, not that high level knowledge of hibernate springs jsf struts and all...but basic knowledge. now the problem is, is there any way that i can get any job in java, no matter what compensation they'll give, i am ok.....and the other problem is after clearing my back log in bca, i want to do mca. but i won't be able to do it regular coz money problem. so i thought to go for SMU (SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY) through distance learning....so i want your help friends what should i do now...i am not able to think, badly exhausted. i am not able to startup my career just because of my backlog, i believe that i have explained my situation to u guys...please help me, suggest me what should i do now....how should i manage things with me...Please help friends....will wait for ur responses......thanks friends...
21st October 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

actaully what is dot net course?
what we learn in that?
if possible can u explain it briefly?
31st October 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

hello guru plz do any software course because many 10 and 12th passed even bsc ,bcom peoples will give competition so networking .suppose if you interested to do
then its your wish....
1st November 2011, 12:58 AM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

Thanks
10th February 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

my situation is bit tough...i am 2011 ece passed out student and i have completed c and ccna course.....no job for electronics.......right now i am doing job as a network engineer....should i carry on in networking or switch to programming..... is there any future in networking?????????????
13th February 2012, 10:38 PM
puchu007

Don’t worry. There is much scope for networking too. After completion of your graduation, better do any latest computer software packages. There are many software companies, who are in need of networking experts. Once you complete your B.Tech., start applying for employments in public and private undertakings. There is much scope for networking professionals abroad also.
14th February 2012, 02:54 AM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

If you want a job in software companies without many efforts then you are advised to go for .NET and JAVA courses as these two are the base and is really important for getting job.

your friend's opinion is good that is networking has less scope.but it totally depends upon you if you have good knowledge in networking then also you can get job easily.

so best of luck for career.
28th February 2012, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

sir plz tell abou this that i am totally confused which language should better for me o get good software company
3rd March 2012, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

sir i m final year student of it department .i want to ask that how much scope avaliabe in india of php .
15th April 2012, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
I Have good knowledge in Java from past 4yrs i.e from 9th to 12th, i am doing B.tech (IT 2nd year) my friends confuses me about what to opt java or Networking as i know little bit terms of networking, so please help me about what to choose the field so that my career should be Bright in future and have no issues in opting one of them. And tell me the career of both fields in IT industry.***************************************** ****
27th April 2012, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

i am BE 3rd year CSE student
suggest me any language or networking for summer training
by self study
thanks
10th May 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

is hardware and networking course is job oriented course?
11th May 2012, 02:02 PM
tyler_durdun

Bachelor of Commerce and Computer Application is a three year full time course that prepares students for computer related jobs in the commerce and IT sectors. With e-commerce and online businesses gaining importance, BCCA graduates who can manage business accounting and computer applications are in demand.

Future prospects of BCCA

BCCA graduates are required in sectors like
banking
industries
businesses
programming
marketing
management, etc.

These companies mostly select BCCA graduates from the colleges for various positions depending on the candidate’s calibre. Most of the BCCA graduates are highly paid but salary depends on the calibre of the candidate.

BCCA graduates can also opt for MCA and various IT related specialization.

Qualifications:

Passed HSC/12th examination from Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education with English or modern Indian languages at higher or lower level
12th pass in vocational stream with one language
Any other equivalent examination from recognized boards

good luck !!!!
30th June 2012, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

hi frnds,
i have done my bca but i am nt so gud at programming .i m confuse whether i will go for networking or java please suggest me .
5th February 2013, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

in php job 1.5 year bond and in networking and comunication job in new text tile company.currently i am fresher.B.E(computer).which job is best for all scope.coding is some tedius for me then networking.pls give me replay.
21st February 2013, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

i am a ece student 2012 pass out.EMBEDDED or JAVA which among the two would be best to get me a job immediately..
23rd February 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

I have 2 years experience in .net programing and i suggest you .net is a good career option for freshers than networking and more easy to get a job in software industry
21st June 2013, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

what are the courses after MCA other than programming like java and .net.
29th August 2014, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my Mtech in ECE in 2014 with 70% but I have only 56% in my BE. I want to start my career in IT, so which course should I do .net or Networking. Will I get a job Since I don't good percentage in BE
28th October 2014, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Hello Friends,

I am Navneet, currently working in DRITM, Noida job in IT company. I have knowledge of core networking but not advanced router & switching with this in education i'm pursuing MCA, and passed BCA with 72.12% marks. from starting i want to go in programming but on depend my luck i got a job in IT department not in programming so i'm fresher in programming. so please guide me that what i do.

1. CCNA, -> CCNP, -> CCIE
2. Java Programming.

please suggests me i am waiting your reply friends
14th May 2015, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

i'am a 2014 passed out ece candidate..which course is good for me.. dot net or networking..pls rep immediately..
need suggestions..am confused..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?