18th May 2012, 03:14 PM
Mayur KS

Do I have an opportunity for engineering in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in ETC?

I have completed my Diploma in electronics and telecommunication do i have an opportunity for Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering? Opportunities after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
  2. What is the fee structure of Aeronautical engineering? How to apply for it after completing Diploma in Computer Engineering? Opportunities after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
  3. Do I have any opportunity for engineering in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication?
  4. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) being a Computer Engineering Diploma student? -- [New]
  5. After diploma in Computer Engineering can I join Aeronautical Engineering? Fee structure of Aeronautical Engineering? How to apply for it? Opportunities present after completing aeronautical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is Aeronautical Engineering possible after Diploma in Mechatronics?
  7. How to join in Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma with 84%?
  8. Which one is better after completing diploma in engineering, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering?
  9. Can ECE diploma students get in Aeronautical Engineering? Is MHT CET the only way to get into Aeronautical Engineering?
  10. How to join in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering with 80%? Which entrance exam to appear to join Aeronautical Engineering?
  11. Eligibility for aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in mechanical engineering? Fee structure of Aeronautical engineering?
  12. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra?
  13. In which entrance exam I have to appear for study B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering in Abroad after completing Diploma course?
  14. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Which options of branches are available for B.E. after completion of diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  16. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. How to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering? Procedure for diploma in Aeronautical Degree?
  18. Can I get admission for Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in aeronautical engineering?
11th October 2012, 09:04 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have an opportunity for engineering in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in ETC?

It is certainly possible to take admission in the aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering although it is not recommended.

The admission for diploma candidates is given through lateral entry. Which means admission is the second year of B.Tech course. If you decides to change the stream from diploma in B.Tech, it becomes extremely difficult to cope with new subjects from 4th semester.

Therefore it is recommended not to change the stream from diploma to B.Tech. But if you think that you can handle extra burden that Aeronautical Engineering is going to bring upon you then surely you can seek admission.

As I said, the admission would be given through lateral entry. This scheme is only given to the candidates having completed Diploma in Engineering and the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) courses. Others are not eligible.

Now the process of admission is quite simple. There is direct admission available in various colleges. These colleges would call you for the counselling and offer admission. However other colleges do not offer admission on merit therefore you will have to appear for the LEET entrance exam.

In expection of LEET some colleges conducts their own entrance exam. Generally colleges reserve some where around 10 percent of the total engineering seats for the lateral entry candidates. You will require at least 60 percent marks in the diploma course to apply for admission via lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?