27th January 2011, 06:24 PM
saroj kumar sawaran

Admission in IIMC for Master in Journalism after BA (journalism,psychology)? Syllabus and suggestions?

hello sir. this is Saroj Kumar doing BA(journalism,psychology,optional English) from Bangalore university. now i n\m in 2nd year(4th sem). after my graduation i want to do master in journalism and that's why i want admission in IIMC. so sir can u tell me the process of admission in this institute? and i also need the syllabus and previous year questions papers along with ur precious suggestions.
thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus and previous 5 years question papers of IIMC Entrance exam for admission in PGD in Journalism(Hindi)? In which subject should I concentrate for this entrance exam? Placement facility in IIMC for this program?
  2. Coaching classes for journalism for IIMC entrance exam preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. PGDM in Journalism from IIJNM, Bengaluru is fruitful for BBA graduate? Whether IIMC changed its entrance exam schedule?
  4. Does IIMC offer UG course in Journalism and Mass Communication? What is the criteria for it?
  5. What should I choose, Journalism and Law, Law with Journalism?
  6. Fee structure for doing PG in Journalism in IIMC? Can I do PG in Journalism after BCA?
  7. How much is the salary after doing masters course in Journalism? Which subjects should be prepared for Journalism entrance exam? Fee structure of the Journalism Course?
  8. Date of entrance exam 2015 for Mass Communication course at IIMC
  9. What is the main criteria and condition required to become a journalist
  10. Which graduation course I can take to become a Journalist?
  11. Eligibility for admission in IIMC for P.G. diploma course in Journalism(Hindi) or Radio & Television journalism after graduation in Hindi(Hons.)?
  12. Coaching classes for preparation of IIMC-Delhi PGDM(Journalism) entrance exam?
  13. How to become a news presenter after class 12th? -- [New]
  14. What should i do for admission in B.Sc. (Journalism) course?
  15. Which Media and Journalism school offers Master in Journalism and Mass Communication?
  16. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  17. What is the qualification for IIMC entrance test?
  18. Names of colleges offering mass communication course at PG level?
3rd February 2011, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Admission in IIMC for Master in Journalism after BA (journalism,psychology)? Syllabus and suggestions?

Hello sir. this is umara 4rm pakisan.. i recently done B.A in (psychology, and islamiat electiv) naw i want to b a psycatris ..for further studies plz help me that what i cn do thankz alot
3rd February 2011, 11:25 AM
manyas

Default Re: Admission in IIMC for Master in Journalism after BA (journalism,psychology)? Syllabus and suggestions?

heya frnd....

itz go0d to hear that you want to pursue Masters in Jounalism from IIMC,,,

Well..admissions to the courses at IIMC are made on the basis of an entrance examination held in third week of May in New Delhi/ Bhubaneswar / Kolkata Patna/ Lucknow/ Mumbai/ Bangalore/ Guwahati.
Then,the candidates are shortlisted on the basis of written examination and called for a Group Discussion/Interview in first week of July in New Delhi. Candidates of Journalism (English) course can also be called for GD/Interview at Kolkata.

Application forms will be available from first week of March-2011 and last date of submitting the forms will be somewhere in April...(most probably in mid April)..

Syllabus:

There's as such no specific area cited for preparation to the Entrance examination. The examination covers general issues with thrust on the analytical & writing skills of the candidates..

The fees is Rs. 2 Lac(Full Course)

Thank you
I hope this information will help you!!

REgArDs:
MaNyA SethI
^_^
3rd February 2011, 08:52 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Indian Institute of Mass Communication [IIMC] conducts Post Graduate Diploma course in
1. Journalism
2. Advertising & Public Relations
Minimum Educational Qualification is a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
The admission is through a written test followed by group discussion and interview.
3rd February 2011, 09:57 PM
torque

hello go to the site http://www.iimc.nic.in/training.html and click on admission procedure. you will get all details regarding admission. For question papers i think go to an old book store or any book store supplying entrance or coaching materials and you can get them at a cheap price. Since lot of people try every year you need to work very hard to get in there, my advice start working from today and improve your communication skills , at least learn to speak fluent english , if you are already a hotshot just keep working you will achieve your goal.
12th February 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/ma'am,
i wud like to know what are the sections of the enterance paper that we need to polish and practice the most??? does maths and data interpretation also come in the enterance???
thank u..:)
2nd March 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me fee of tv and radio journalism from iimc?
27th April 2011, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/ma'am, i would like to know how i shold prepare the entrance test of t.v and radio journalism?
11th May 2011, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

if i can do 90marks in w.b j.e.e.then am i got any good engineering b.tech college
26th May 2011, 11:40 AM
SonalSinghal

As you have interest in journalism, I think you will make a good money in advertising industry. And as we all know advertising industry is the fastest growing industry in india. So, you should use this opportunity and if you are interested then go for ba advertising program.
3rd June 2011, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

[Bijoy Roy 8697470837]hello sir. this is Bijoy Roy doing BA(journalism,psychology,optional English) from calcatta university. now i m in 2nd year(4th sem). after my graduation i want to do master in journalism and that's why i want admission in IIMC. so sir can u tell me the process of admission in this institute? and i also need the syllabus and previous year questions papers along with ur precious suggestions.
thank you.[/QUOTE]
26th June 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/mam,this is jyoti.currentlly i hv been dng hindi (hons) frm j.m.c.dlh uni bt aftr that i want to do journlism in t.v. & radio.sir plz tell me the syllbs & fees.plzz
29th December 2011, 12:06 AM
joblesswork

Indian Institute of Mass Communication [IIMC] conducts Post Graduate Diploma course in
1. Journalism
2. Advertising & Public Relations
Minimum Educational Qualification is a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
The admission is through a written test followed by group discussion and interview.
1st January 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Ds is kriti ,mm doin english hons frm du n its ma 2nd yrr....i just wanna knw if dere is sm kindof specific percntage to gt inti
o iimc...n olso wanna knw about d coachng cntrs in delhi....thnk uh...
13th March 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

hey dis is afreen khan m pursuing BA in journalism 1st year 2 sem 4m bangalore university i want to take admission in IIMC masters in journalism ..i jst want to knw d procedure n how should i prepare for entrance examination do i need any study material??...thank u..
13th March 2012, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

hey dis is Afreen khan m pursuing BA in journalism 1st year 2nd sem from bangalore university ..i want to take admission in masters is journalism in IIMC ..i just want to know the procedure n how should i prepare for entrance examination n should i need any study material???....thank u
26th March 2012, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

sir. i am in BA(history,hindi philosphy) . so i want study jurnalism , can u guide me for jurnulism .(Matiullah khan-9773937711),mumbai .maharastra.
25th October 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

helo sir.
i want to knw is iimc provides masters in mass comm or not.?? or it provides ony diploma course
26th February 2014, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I am pursuing my btech...and I am interested to take up masters in journalism...plz suggest me...
6th January 2015, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i am debraj guha roy form kolkata, i am passing degree course sir now i want studies journalism courses so sir now how can i do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?