30th January 2011, 07:04 PM
SUMIT VARSHNEY

Admission to 2nd year B.Tech after Diploma from AMU?

2nd year admission in B.tech
can a diploma holder from AMU get admission in 2nd yearif yes then send me the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. Admission to 2nd year B.Tech after Diploma from AMU?
  2. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders?
  3. How many seats are available in AMU for Diploma in Sculpture course? How I can get admission in AMU?
  4. How To get admission in AMU to study Diploma in Arabic Language? List of seats available in AMU for this course?
  5. How to get admission in HBTI (UPTU) after diploma in computer science engineering from AMU? -- [New]
  6. Whether a Diploma holder can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech correspondence?
  7. Procedure to apply in AMU B.Tech entrance exam for CSE Diploma student? Will I get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech?
  8. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  9. Syllabus for polytechnic student for btech entrance exam in DTU
  10. Lateral entry into B.Tech without any entrance exam in Kolkata?
  11. Can I get jobs in MNC's like infosys and others?
  12. Procedure to take admission in direct 2nd year Diploma in maharashtra after 12th PCM?
  13. How to get direct 2nd year admission for B.Tech after Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  14. Will i be able to get Job in software MNC's after my Diploma and B.Tech with 70% in aggregate?
  15. Can I continue my Diploma to get good Job having a year gap after completion of 1st year of Diploma with 84%?
  16. Can I get admission through reserved seat in 2nd year B.E after scoring 79.92% in diploma? What is the admission procedure?
  17. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?
  18. Can I get admission in B.Tech from different branch if I am a Diploma in Leather Technology holder?
3rd February 2011, 02:15 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Admission to 2nd year B.Tech after Diploma from AMU?

You didnt mention in which college you are interested in getting admission. Mostly every college has certain admission criteria. Like some colleges take admission through merit while other through entrance test.

If you have completed ur diploma from AMU then yes you can do your degree that too in direct 2nd year and it doesnt matter whether you do from AMU or any other.

The procedure is simple you have to appear for an entrance test of the respective college. If you clear it you will be called in for counseling and you will be admitted to directly 2nd year

All the best!!!
3rd February 2011, 06:49 AM
xavi

freind,

--Once you have completed ur diploma '' then you can do your degree that too in direct 2nd year and it doesnt matter whether you do from AMU or any other.
--you must appear entrance examination of respective colleges where you want take a degree..

all the best
3rd February 2011, 08:16 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Yes definitely you can get admission in B.Tech and that too in direct second year means you will get admitted directly to second year . this scheme or procedure is known as "LATERAL ENTRY " or "DIPLOMA TO DEGREE".

you will have to appear in an entrance exam which is conducted by the college administration in which you are willing to take admission. all colleges have different criteria . some prefer to take admission through merit and others through entrance exam .

so you should have told us about the college in which you are willing to take admission.

you should meet the officials of the college in which you are willing to take admision and after that follow the steps the provide.
3rd February 2011, 08:55 AM
rks_estate

Dear,

Yes, you can join B.Tech. 2nd year after diploma.

This type of joining & course is called transfer course.

You can get direct admission in B.Tech. 2nd year after diploma.

For admission meet to the Director of college, where you want to join B.Tech.

Director helps & guide you regarding admission procedure & fee structure ...etc.

Good Luck
3rd February 2011, 10:46 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yes a diploma student can take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech directly through lateral entry. it is not depend from which institution you have done diploma. but every engineering institution do not have lateral entry scheme. so you have to take admission in which institution lateral entry scheme are available.

most of the institution take admission through lateral entry either any one of the following way.

Lateral entry entrance examination- to take admission to the lateral entry seat you have to appear in lateral entry entrance examination. after ranking in the examination the students are admitted by counseling. generally this is state level examination. some time institution may arrange entrance examination to take admission in their institution only. this procedure is followed by most of the institution.

Direct Entry with diploma marks- some institution also take admission of the student through lateral entry with the diploma marks. they directly take admission to the institution according to the marks. they give notification to apply for lateral entry. many student applied for that and they take admission according to the marks through counseling.

to take admission in your desired institution it is better to know the admission procedure of that particular institution. so contact with the institution or go through their website. prepare himself according to the admission procedure.

best wishes.
3rd February 2011, 07:35 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Yes Definitely You Will Get Direct Admission In B.tech 2nd Year After Completing Your Diploma, And You Will Get Admission On The Basis Of Lateral Entry Scheme. So, If You Want to Get Admission In B.tech 2nd Year, Then For This You Have To Appear In The Lateral Entry Exams.

Manny Colleges Will Offers Direct Admission In B.tech 2nd Year On The Basis Of Lateral Entry, But they Are Only Few Colleges.

But If You Have Scored Good Marks In Your Diploma, then You will Directly Get Admission In B.tech 2nd Year On The Basis Of Your Diploma Marks. So, If Your Marks In Diploma Exams Are Good, Then You will get Admission In B.tech Through Lateral Entry Scheme.

So, 15% of the seats under Lateral Entry are reserved for the Management in the
case of Aided Engineering Colleges And Other 50% seats under Lateral Entry will be filled by DTE and the 50% by the Management in the case of Self-financing Institutions.

So, To get Admission In B.tech Through Lateral Entry Scheme, You Have To Appear In The State Level Entrance Exams. And If You have Passed Diploma in Engineering awarded by the State Board of Technical Education or equivalent and You Must have a Minimum of 60% marks for the Diploma, Then You Are Eligible for Lateral Enty Exams.
3rd February 2011, 09:46 PM
torque

All colleges do not have lateral entry criteria,Institutes like IITs and NITs do not have lateral entry ,but other institutes have ,since you are a student from AMU you would be among the preferable guys taking up for admissions.Now if you want to get into the elite institutes like IITs and NITs you have to clear exams like JEE or AIEEE and again you have to start from 1st year itself,but if lateral entry is your wish then get into institutes whos entrances are conducted by the respective states because lateral entry is only possible in some state run colleges and very few national colleges. Choice is yours.
4th February 2011, 05:33 PM
aryabhatta

dear

yes you can join engineering college after diploma through lateral entry scheme

for this college conduct exam and you have to appear in that in order to get

admission B.Tech after diploma is a good option it will give a edge over others

in placement and in future also
15th February 2011, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i want to know about lateral entry in b.tech in amu
at present i'm doing dip. in engg. from bteup
can i take lateral entry in amu or not?
plz tell me dear sir about it on my id
<[email protected]>
4th March 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

dear
i want to know about lateral entry in b.tech in amu,
at present i'm doing dip. in civil engineering.
can i take lateral entry in civil engineering in amu or not?
plz tell me about it on my id.

[email protected]
17th March 2011, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

sir
i want to know about lateral entry in b.tech in amu,at present a am doing diploma from government girls polytechnic moradabad.can i fill the form of amu for applying b.tech
20th March 2011, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

ki sanu ithe admission milu gi
27th March 2011, 04:25 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMIT VARSHNEY View Post
2nd year admission in B.tech
can a diploma holder from AMU get admission in 2nd yearif yes then send me the procedure.

yes, You can definitely take admission in the direct 2nd year in
B.Tech program by the lateral entry examination. Many college
offer for this program. In the final year diploma or after completing
diploma courses you can apply for the lateral entry examination.
You not mention in your question that in which college you want
to take admission in the B.Tech program. I advise you to see the
official website of that college in which college you want to take admission.
31st March 2011, 12:41 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Hello,
Yes definitely you can get admission in B.Tech and that too in direct second year means you will get admitted directly to second year . this scheme or procedure is known as "LATERAL ENTRY " or "DIPLOMA TO DEGREE".

you will have to appear in an entrance exam which is conducted by the college administration in which you are willing to take admission. all colleges have different criteria . some prefer to take admission through merit and others through entrance exam .

so you should have told us about the college in which you are willing to take admission.

you should meet the officials of the college in which you are willing to take admision and after that follow the steps the provide.
Thanks.
All the best.
24th May 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

how many seats are rservied for taking admission in b.tech after diploma
26th May 2011, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

dear, sir
i am diploma mechanical (cad)engg. from b.t.e lucknow, kya mai diploma holder amu me , b.tech second year me admission mil jata hai.
5th June 2011, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

i completed my diploma in mechanical engg. from haryana with 79% marks.i want to get admission in MBM college rajasthand.can i get admission directly in 2nd year b.tech according to percentage in diploma?please reply send on my email [email protected] or my mobile 7500245751.i am waiting for your reply.i shall be very thankful to you for this.
18th June 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

sir, is there any difference in syllabus of diploma and 11, 12 syllabus.
is there provision of lateral entry scheme in AMU. How can a diploma student crack JEE and AIEEE with different prepration(diploma syllabus)
my e-mail id is '[email protected]'
30th June 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Hello, i have completed my three year course in dip. In engineering in electrical in Aligarh muslim university with 78 percent. Now i want to get direct 2nd year year admission in B.tech if there is having any college where i can direct admission then email at [email protected]
13th July 2011, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

sir, is there any difference in syllabus of diploma and 11, 12 syllabus.

can we take admission in amu b.tech 2nd year after diploma from amu
2nd November 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

is a b.tech 1st year student can take admission in amu directly.
13th January 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am doing diploma in Electrical and Electronics in Govt. Polytechnic College, Kalamasseery, Kerala. Now I am final semester student. I am interested to join Aligarh muslim University for b tech through lateral entry. Please send me procedures. My email id is <[email protected]>
15th January 2012, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

I completed diploma from EC branch.can i get admission in direct b-tech 2nd year in amu
29th January 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

may i participate in leet amu after 3 yr diploma from bteup.
29th January 2012, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

can i get admisson in b.tech. 2 yr after dme from bteup?
4th March 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I want to know about leteral entry in B.Tech in AMU.I have completed in 3 years diploma in instrumentation Engineering with 57 percent. from H.R.H.POWIET,Jorhat (assam).
Can i apply leteral entry examination in AMU according to percentage in diploma ? Please reply send my email [email protected]. I am waiting for your reply.
4th May 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

plz send me syllabus of amu 2012 for diploma holder my mail id <[email protected]>
17th June 2012, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

hii i m pursuing diploma in computer engg.frm amu.i wanted to knw dat is dere a procedure for lateral entry in jamia milia or other central universities..i also wanted you to tell me the procedure for lateral entry n suggest me the names of govt colleges and central universities which allow lateral entry and dere respecive admission criteria as soon as possible..m vry cnfused abt mah future...i vl b realiee thnkful......
dis iz mah mail id: [email protected]
14th September 2013, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

sir can i take admission in amu btech second year yes/no
21st November 2013, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of DIPLOMA CIVIL ENGG. I want to take admission in AMU College in lateral entry(CIVIL Branch), so you please tell me that __
(1) which date APPLICATION FORM are distribute?
(2)where from I collect APPLICATION FORM of AMU College? My state-West Bengal;Dist-Murshidabad

My mail ID:[email protected]
28th January 2014, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

I want to getting the all entrance modal papper of delhi technical university, Aligarh muslim university and allahbad university.
And want to know the syllabus of Lateral entery exam in DCE.
2nd October 2014, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

i m a student of diploma in mechanical eng. from bteup, i want to know the procedure of admission in b-tech 2nd year in AMU after diploma . in amu lateral entry is through entrence exam or merit base
26th January 2015, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

sir I am a student of diploma engineering in mechanical in amu.sir i want to know in amu lateral entry test allow or not tell me whole procedure..
21st March 2016, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am a student of diploma engineering civil from BOARD OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, UTTAR PREDDESH in amu sir I want to know in amu later at entry test allow or not tell me whole procedure
26th May 2016, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
Can i take an admission in btech 2nd year after completing diploma civil engineering from private collage in Aligarh Muslim University?
Plz help me.....!!
29th July 2020, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Pls provide me AMU BE EVENING entrance exams pattern nd also previous year entrance paper ...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?