30th May 2012, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the IFS exam eligibility criteria? I have completed BSc Plant biology and biotechnology

Dear Sir, I have completed B.Sc Plant Biology & Biotechnology. I have already once appeared for IFS exam and well prepared to give this year exam. I am confused about the eligibility now, whether my degree is qualified for this exam.

1st June 2012, 08:59 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the IFS exam eligibility criteria? I have completed BSc Plant biology and biotechnology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, I have completed B.Sc Plant Biology & Biotechnology. I have already once appeared for IFS exam and well prepared to give this year exam. I am confused about the eligibility now, whether my degree is qualified for this exam.
For Indian Forest Service Examination, conducted by Union Public Service Commission, if you do not hold a degree in engineering, forestry or agriculture, you must have atleast studied one of the following as a major subjects in your bachelors degree program:

Forestry-Agriculture-Botany-Chemistry-Geology-Mathematics-Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.

Since you have done your graduation in Plant Biology and Biotechnology, you will definitely be considered eligible for the Indian Forest Service Examination provided you are within the the prescribed age limit as mentioned below:

Minimum Eligible Age: 21 years
Maximum Age Limit: 30 years for General Category, 33 years for OBC category and 35 years for SC/ST category.
2nd October 2012, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the IFS exam eligibility criteria? I have completed BSc Plant biology and biotechnology

sir,
i had passed bsc without honours but my subject was bio-technolygy,chemistry&physics
sir this qualification will qualified for IFS or not sir
2nd December 2013, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

iam finished bachelor of engg in electronics and comm.... wheter my degree is qualified for forest ranger or any particulars in forest department
22nd December 2013, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I had completed my msc with plant physiology & biochemistry... What to do next ? Any entrance exam or courses related with it??? Plz reply!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?